Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - GCB's WWE

Thread: GCB's WWE
View Single Post

Old 03-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #93 (permalink)
GCB
Learning to break kayfabe

GCB 101 - 250GCB 101 - 250
Default January 14, 2011: SMACKDOWN

Friday January 14th, 2011 | Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee

As is beginning to become the norm these days, SMACKDOWN begins with a pre-recorded message from the General Manager, Michael Cole. He is stood in front of a blue SMACKDOWN logo and is ready to begin as the cameras roll ...

MICHAEL COLE
Can I have your attention, please?

No reaction again this week – the video is still pre-recorded but Cole appears to still be insisting on waiting for quiet before he continues ...

MICHAEL COLE
Last week was a momentous day in the history of SMACKDOWN and was definitely a show worthy of going out into your homes live on a Friday evening. A truly five star SMACKDOWN, a SMACKDOWN show that proves what I have been saying since I arrived here on the blue brand – that SMACKDOWN is the Number 1 show in the WWE. Look at all the amazing things that happened last week – a brand new feud between two former friends! A new Number 1 contender for the Intercontinental Championship! Two demons in the ring looking to gain an advantage over the other! And finally, an amazing main event between John Cena, the face of the WWE, and Christian with CM Punk as the guest referee! And you people all have one man to thank for last week’s show! One great visionary, a man who delivered a SMACKDOWN show so good that it will become one of the most influential nights in the WWE. The night that SMACKDOWN took over in the WWE. That one man, ladies and gentlemen, is me, Michael Cole, the voice of the WWE and the General Manager of Friday Night SMACKDOWN!

Cole beams into the camera as if he expects the people watching at home to applaud him for his actions ...

MICHAEL COLE
You see, the WWE Universe were tired of SMACKDOWN under that second rate excuse for a General Manager, Teddy Long. The man that made a living from making the most boring SMACKDOWN main events of all time. Last week on SMACKDOWN, I forced Big Show and Kofi to compete against each other rather than shake hands – result, a simmering, new feud here on SMACKDOWN! I gave Kane the opportunity to head out to the ring to address the problems between himself and the Undertaker – result, Undertaker appears on SMACKDOWN to confront his brother! I made the main event of John Cena against the Number 1 contender, Christian, I then added CM Punk as the referee – and the match ended in controversy, a ‘Go To Sleep’ here, a ‘Killswitch’ there and added interest heading into the Royal Rumble. I also forced Matt Hardy to face Cody Rhodes in a Number 1 contender match for the Intercontinental Championship of Alberto Del Rio – Hardy won and we now have an amazing match to start tonight’s episode of SMACKDOWN – Intercontinental Championship, Alberto Del Rio vs. Matt Hardy right now ... and it’s live!

***** KNOW YOUR ENEMY *****

*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***

Foley and Grisham welcome us all to SMACKDOWN as the camera pans around the arena where all the excited fans are ready for the action tonight here in Nashville. As promised by General Manager, Michael Cole, Justin Roberts announces that the first match tonight will be an Intercontinental Championship match ...

*** LIVE FOR THE MOMENT ***

Cameron, North Carolina | 235 pounds
MATT HARDY

The challenger Matt Hardy heads out looking pumped up and happier this week as he heads for the ring to a fantastic ovation from the crowd here tonight. Hardy heads for the ring as Grisham introduces some comments made by Hardy earlier tonight before the show. A pop up video appears in the corner as Matt Hardy speaks out on the upcoming match ...

MATT HARDY
Last week, I was unhappy when Michael Cole forced me to compete for the Intercontinental Championship – my sights are firmly set on becoming the World Champion at WrestleMania 27. However, with Cole putting my Rumble place in jeopardy, I had to defeat Cody Rhodes last week and become Number 1 contender tonight. And whilst I’m still aiming for the World Championship, I have had a week to consider the advantages of being Intercontinental Champion. Winning the title tonight and ending Alberto Del Rio’s hot start to life here in the WWE will prove to the world – and Michael Cole – that I deserve to be taken seriously for the World Championship. A win tonight, win the Royal Rumble and head to WrestleMania to become the dual champion. Bring it on!

Focus returns to Hardy in the ring as Foley expresses his delight that Hardy has seen how useful this opportunity could be to him as he looks to build his way up the ranks here in the WWE. Foley doesn’t think Matt will win the Royal Rumble but being Intercontinental Champion could get him further noticed as he tries to earn a World Championship opportunity ...

*** REALEZA ***

San Luis, Mexico | 239 pounds | Intercontinental Champion
ALBERTO DEL RIO
(with Ricardo Rodriguez)

Ricardo Rodriguez is introduced and he in turn introduces the Intercontinental Champion who heads out in a white Bentley Azure with the top down. Grisham informs us that the car is worth $300000 as Del Rio jumps out of the car with his white trunks on tonight and the Intercontinental Championship around his waist as he is showered with gold rain from the roof before heading for the ring. He climbs through the ropes and immediately talks down to Matt Hardy as the pair of them prepare for the match. The Intercontinental Title is held up by the referee and then the bell is rung and the title match is underway ...

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
ALBERTO DEL RIO (c) vs. MATT HARDY

After an early flurry of dominance from the challenger, the majority of the match sees the champion in control as he slows it down into a slow, methodical pace that suits him far more than Hardy. Del Rio appears to be very confident of retaining his title though and wastes a lot of time and this allows Hardy to mount a comeback as he looks to win the title. Del Rio looks to hit his Destiny Powerbomb finisher that he has recently began to use but Hardy manages to wriggle clear and over his shoulders into a pinning reversal ...

1 ... 2 ... Del Rio recovers just in time!

A neckbreaker from Hardy follows and this leaves Del Rio down on the mat and struggling; as he gets to his feet, Hardy waits ready to pounce and then hooks Del Rio up and hits a backdrop suplex that crashes the Mexican down hard on his back and shoulders. The crowd are right behind Hardy as he climbs to the middle rope and strikes a Hardy pose before hitting a heavy hitting leg drop across the upper chest of the Intercontinental Champion and hooking the leg for the pin ...

1 ... 2 ... Del Rio kicks out!

As the pair of them get to their feet, Hardy looks to whip Del Rio into the corner but he is reversed and takes the buckle himself. Sensing a chance, Del Rio rushes towards Hardy and looks to hit a corner Enzuguri kick but Hardy ducks it instead. As Del Rio crashes down onto his shoulder, he looks hurt for a moment and Hardy aims some kicks to the shoulder that don’t help. This time, Hardy is able to whip Del Rio to the corner and he hits it hard. Hardy rushes over and clotheslines Alberto in the corner and then follows this with a Bulldog that drives him down hard into the mat once more. The crowd are cheering Hardy on and he steps back ... The crowd are cheering more now as they see Hardy preparing to hit the Side Effect ... Del Rio, wobbling slightly, gets to his feet and Hardy looks to hit the Side Effect. However, Del Rio counters by shoving Hardy away and then hits a German suplex that crashes Hardy down, hanging on for the count ...

1 ... 2 ... Hardy kicks out!

Both men get to their feet at the same time and Del Rio kicks out at Hardy’s knee, a stiff shot that reduces his challenger to his knees again. With Hardy down on his knees, Del Rio smells blood and hits an Enzuguri this time that crashes Hardy over, keeling over and falling down on the mat. Del Rio looks to have the match won and he saunters over to Hardy to make the cover, hooks the leg ...

1 ... 2 ... Hardy kicks out once more!

Laughing, Del Rio shakes his head as he gets up and waits for Hardy. He says something in Spanish to Ricardo who is looking a little concerned at ringside before hitting a double knee arm-breaker to Hardy as he gets up. With Hardy’s arms now weakened, Del Rio goes after the target. He rams Hardy into the steel post through the turnbuckles and his shoulder connects with a thud. As Hardy rebounds from the ring post, Del Rio looks to lock in the Cross Arm Breaker but Hardy is able to fight out of it and he suddenly out of nowhere manages to hit the Side Effect which sends the crowd wild with delight. Both men are down and out but it is Hardy that recovers first and he is able to watch Del Rio get to his feet. Arms outstretched, it is clear what Hardy is planning to do next as he waits and waits ... TWIST OF FATE! HARDY HITS THE TWIST OF FATE! We’re going to have a new champion!

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 – No wait a minute! **

Alberto Del Rio, showing no signs of life, has managed to put his foot on the bottom rope! Suspiciously, Ricardo Rodriguez is hovering close by and the replays show that Del Rio’s announcer placed his foot on the rope just in time for the referee to notice and cancel the 3-count. Hardy complains bitterly but the referee is not for moving – spotting Rodriguez, Hardy jumps through the ropes and begins the chase. Rodriguez runs for his life round the outside of the ring with Hardy in pursuit ... Ricardo slides into the ring and crosses over the ring to the other side with Hardy chasing him ... Hold on a minute! Del Rio hits a roundhouse kick out of nowhere! Hardy’s head snaps back and he crashes down on his back on the mat ... Del Rio pounces ... CROSS ARM BREAKER! DEL RIO HAS HARDY IN THE CROSS ARM BREAKER! Will Matt Hardy tap out? The referee is down and asking Hardy if he wants to give up but Hardy will not die ... he will not give up ... Del Rio cinches it in further and tightens his grip ... Hardy has no choice ...

** TAP **
** TAP **
** TAP **

WINNER & STILL INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION
ALBERTO DEL RIO (submission, 8:38)

Del Rio at first refuses to let go of Hardy as he keeps the Cross Arm Breaker held in – he finally releases when the referee threatens to reverse the decision. Del Rio kicks Hardy away under the bottom ropes and he then celebrates with his Intercontinental Championship as Rodriguez proclaims him the winner. Foley suggests that Del Rio will be a real darkhorse at the Royal Rumble in 9 days time and maybe he will be the dual champion here on SMACKDOWN instead of Matt Hardy?

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

THE ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA 27 BEGINS IN 9 DAYS TIME...

Who will win the Royal Rumble and advance to WrestleMania 27?
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with the huge frame of Mark Henry in the ring already for the next match, he is accompanied by his friend Evan Bourne ...

*** SOMEBODIES GONNA’ GET THEIR ASS KICKED ***

Silsbee, Texas | 412 pounds
MARK HENRY
(with Evan Bourne)

Foley and Grisham remind us that last week, Evan Bourne was defeated by the World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk – now it is the turn of the partner of Evan Bourne, Mark Henry, to attempt to gain a big win over the champion. A replay of Punk hitting the GTS to Bourne last week is shown before we return to the arena for the entrance of the World Champion himself ...

*** CULT OF PERSONALITY ***

Chicago, Illinois | 222 pounds | World Heavyweight Champion
CM PUNK

A mixed reception for CM Punk who is not a fan favourite but does retain a hardcore following that will forgive his actions and cheer for him regardless of his actions. Grisham reminds us that in 9 days time, CM Punk will face Christian at the Rumble with the World Championship on the line and Foley suggests that if Punk is taking Christian lightly in any way, shape or form, he could well lose the title next weekend in Cleveland. Punk hands the title belt to the timekeeper and this non-title match is set to begin as Bourne heads outside to support Mark Henry from there ...

NON-TITLE MATCH
CM PUNK vs. MARK HENRY

Despite Henry’s size, this match is clearly a match to further Punk’s credentials as the World Champion and make him seem even more impressive than he already does. The only real question is whether or not CM Punk will use the GTS to get the win or whether he will settle for the Anaconda Vice. After one failed attempt at the GTS which allows Henry to get a Big Splash in which almost gets the World’s Strongest Man an upset victory, Punk manages to catch Henry out as he looks for the Corner Splash and uses his strength to slide underneath Henry and hold him up for the GTS to be hit. Impressive from CM Punk and he makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER
CM PUNK (6:37)

CM Punk celebrates his win as a frustrated looking Mark Henry slides out of the ring and up the ramp with Foley saying he could have won the match on another day. As Bourne helps Henry away from the ring, Punk places his World Championship over his shoulder and takes a microphone before sitting down cross legged in the centre of the ring. He is ready to speak out and Grisham says that when SMACKDOWN returns after the commercial, we will hear from the World Heavyweight Champion, CM Punk!

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

CATCH NXT SEASON 3 THIS TUESDAY NIGHT!

After the first Number 1 ranking spot went to Vladimir Kozlov in controversial circumstances, how will the other seven participants in the NXT competition react?
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with the World Champion still sat in the centre of the ring waiting to address the WWE Universe. With the World Championship laid on the mat beside him, Punk lifts the microphone to speak ... An audible ‘CM Punk!’ chant breaks out and Punk smirks as he pauses for a second ...

CM PUNK
You know what, for the past month here on SMACKDOWN, I have been the World Heavyweight Champion. Six weeks ago, I walked out here and beat Big Show and became your World Heavyweight Champion ... and at Vengeance, I defeated Big Show, Kane and Kofi Kingston in my first defence. I am the only ‘Straight Edge’ champion here in the WWE – I am a man with a clear life goal, I don’t smoke cigarettes, I don’t take prescription medicines and I don’t pollute my body with alcohol ... unlike all of you here in Nashville.

Loud boos for CM Punk now as he begins to trash on the home town WWE Universe ...

CM PUNK
Now I know that it is difficult for you to comprehend this, Nashville, but I am not worried about the Royal Rumble. I am not worried about what happened last week on SMACKDOWN. You see, I know that I am better than all of you – and I am better than everybody back there in the locker room. Everywhere I go right now, people keep asking me if I am concerned about Christian, concerned about John Cena? The truth is, in nine nights at Royal Rumble, I will easily defeat Christian, I will retain my World Championship and then I will sit back and watch the Rumble match waiting for the winner. Because at WrestleMania 27, my name will finally be up in the lights ... on the ‘Grandest Stage of ‘em all’

Punk looks round with a smirk on his face as he sarcastically describes WrestleMania ...

CM PUNK
Christian. A man who has been here in the WWE now for over ten years, desperately chasing his dream. Last week, Christian managed to hit me with the Killswitch while I was distracted by Michael Cole’s new poster boy, John Cena. With my attention elsewhere, Christian took the cheap option and attacked me from behind. A man who has never won the WWE Championship like I have, a man who has never won the World Championship like I have, a man who can’t even claim to have won the Money in the Bank ladder match like I have.

Boos are heard for Punk’s comments now ...

CM PUNK
Christian, there is a reason why you have never won those championships that you crave so much – you’re just not good enough to. For years here in the WWE, you have been held back, hidden in the shadows out of sight. Behind the shadow of The Undertaker when you first arrived in the Brood ... outclassed by the Hardy Boys and the Dudley Boys ... never accepted when you split from Edge whilst he went on to multiple title reigns ... You have sweat blood for this business, Christian, you have clawed and scratched and fought as hard as you can to reach the top ...

Punk shakes his head and readjusts the title on his shoulder ...

CM PUNK
... and you always fall short. You always fall at the final hurdle, never quite good enough. In nine days, Nashville, Christian walks into the Royal Rumble as close to glory as he has ever been. But truth be told, he has never been further away from glory. Whilst I am the World Champion, nobody here on SMACKDOWN is close to glory – not Cena, not Christian, not anybody. I will retain MY World Championship at the Rumble, I will defend it through to WrestleMania ... and then I will retain it there as well. And just like all the SMACKDOWN ‘superstars’ in the back, I will do it because I am better ... than ... you.

Punk tosses the microphone away and turns to leave ... However ...

*** CLOSE YOUR EYES ***

CHRISTIAN

Christian heads out onto the stage and the crowd pop as the Number 1 contender, the popular Canadian, surveys the arena for his ‘Peeps’ before moving down the ramp with a grin on his face. He climbs into the ring where Punk is stood opposite and he looks at the World Championship on his shoulder before taking a microphone of his own ...

CHRISTIAN
You know what, Punk? You may be right. In nine days time, I may fall short. I may fail again. I might not be good enough to win the big one. But like it or not CM Punk, I am here right now and I will be challenging you for that World Heavyweight Championship. And regardless of who you think will win, regardless of whether my Peeps believe I can win or not, I believe in myself. I know that I can beat you. Whether you think it or not, Punk, that title is in danger!

Cheers from the crowd as Christian points to the title belt on Punk’s shoulders ... Punk laughs him off and he makes to leave but Christian grabs him by the arm. The tension builds as Punk spins back round with a look of annoyance on his face. Christian continues ...

CHRISTIAN
Tonight, I will once again, as per orders of Michael Cole, face John Cena one on one in the main event. And this time, there will be no Randy Orton to distract Cena, there will be no biased referee ... I will prove to you, and all those that doubt me, that I deserve a shot at your title. And what is more, I will prove that I am a legitimate ...

Punk snatches the microphone from Christian and walks across the ring shaking his head and it appears as if Christian is going to get a reaction from the World Champion ...

CM PUNK
You are not in my league, Christian! You drink alcohol with the boys, you take prescription pills to heal the aches in your tiring, worn out muscles ... I don’t do either of those things, Christian, that is why you are not in my league and that is why you won’t be getting your hands on this title!

Boos for Punk but Christian shrugs them off with a smile around at the crowd ...

CM PUNK
The nearest that you will ever get to being the World Champion is right now. You have your shot, you have the World Championship so close you can almost taste it. How does it feel, Christian? How does it feel to know you can never beat me? How does it feel to be so near yet so far from your dreams? Do you really believe that you can defeat me and become the World Champion? Do you really think you are worthy of holding this?

Punk holds the World Championship right in front of Christian’s face and the challengers eyes gaze at the shining gold belt ... Punk lowers it back down and places it down on the mat between them ...

CM PUNK
Go ahead, Christian. Pick it up. Feel the title belt in your fingertips one time ... Because you know that you will never ever be worthy of holding it for real. Don’t you?

Christian drops his head and looks down at the World Championship as Punk sblacks to himself. Christian appears to be second guessing himself as he looks to the prize on offer in nine days time ...

CM PUNK
Face it, Christian ... It’s never ... going ... to happen!

Suddenly, Punk drops the microphone and he hits a stiff kick to Christian’s midriff, catching him by surprise, and then he lifts him onto his shoulders. The crowd rise to their feet as CM Punk looks to hit the GTS on Christian ... but Christian wriggles clear and he manages to slide down the back of Punk. As Punk spins round, Christian levels him with a clothesline to the delight of the crowd in Nashville. However, Punk decides to flee the scene and he slides underneath the bottom rope and backs away up the rampway ... Christian stares after him and dares him to return before realising that Punk’s World Championship belt is still laid on the mat waiting to be picked up. Christian slowly bends down, wipes his hands on his tights and then picks up the title belt to hold it in his hands. He looks down at the title and then up at Punk who is demanding his belt back but not coming to get it. Christian smirks and then lifts the title up in the air and the Nashville crowd go wild as they witness a picture that they may have to get used to after the Royal Rumble ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

CATCH MONDAY NIGHT RAW LIVE!

It’s the final RAW before Royal Rumble – what will Triple H and Wade Barrett have to say ahead of their WWE Championship battle?
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

Replays of the confrontation between CM Punk and Christian are shown as well as Christian posing with the World Championship as Punk backed out of the arena before ... A shot of Christian backstage is cut to and we see that he still has the World Championship in his hand. A shout is heard in the background and Michael Cole, the SMACKDOWN General Manager, is seen running towards Christian – the Nashville crowd immediately begin to boo at the sight of Cole ...

MICHAEL COLE
Christian, give that back to me! That is not your property!

Christian smirks once more and he passes the title belt to Cole who can now return it to its correct owner – however, he cannot resist one more comment ...

MICHAEL COLE
You know what? If it had been up to me, there is no way you would be challenging for the World Championship. CM Punk was speaking a lot of sense out there – you are a ‘nearly’ man here in the WWE, Christian. Let me tell you something too – you’d better win your title match at the Royal Rumble ... because there won’t be another chance for you while I am in charge of SMACKDOWN, that is a fact!

Cole storms away from Christian who looks a little put off by those comments from the SMACKDOWN GM ... The cameras switch to the interview area where Matt Striker is waiting with the new Divas Champion, Maryse! The beautiful, blonde Diva moves into focus and she holds her hand up to Striker before readjusting her title belt around her waist ...

MATT STRIKER
Maryse, on Tuesday night on NXT, you defeated Layla to win the Divas Championship – let’s take a look ...

A replay of Maryse’s controversial pinfall is shown before we return to the interview area where the Divas Champion is smiling at the sight of the footage ...

MATT STRIKER
A controversial victory, Maryse, and next week on NXT, Layla will be handed her automatic rematch as she attempts to win back her Divas Championship. Your thoughts?

Maryse looks shocked at Striker even asking her for her thoughts after his comment about her controversial win ...

MARYSE
Controversť? Vous dites des sottises, Matt Striker! J'ai battu Layla dans l'anneau assez, un, deux, trois! Et le mardi, je vais battre et conserver mon titre.

Striker clearly does not understand French and he looks perplexed as Maryse responds to his question. Maryse smiles seductively as she finishes telling Striker that she will beat Layla again next Tuesday and then she flicks her hair and turns to leave ... but immediately stops at the sight of two other Divas blocking her path – Michelle McCool and the gargantuan Kharma!

MICHELLE McCOOL
Well, hello there, Maryse! Long time, no see. Look at this here ...

McCool places her fingers on the Divas Championship belt that is fastened around Maryse’s waist ...

MICHELLE McCOOL
... a shiny, glittering, brand new Divas Championship belt!

Maryse takes a step back from the pair as McCool smiles a fake smile and Kharma stares at her menacingly ...

MICHELLE McCOOL
Maryse, you don’t need to fear us tonight. We’re glad you beat that ungrateful skank, Layla, on NXT last Tuesday! Honestly, we are. I think that for the next few weeks, you will make a great Divas Champion!

Maryse looks at McCool with a quizzical look in her eyes ...

MICHELLE McCOOL
Oh yeah, for the next few weeks! You see, when you beat Layla next week in your Divas Championship rematch, I want you to know that you will then become my next target. I am going to become the Divas Champion, Maryse. It is time for me to dominate the Divas division and when Shawn Michaels gives me good news next week on Monday Night RAW, I will be able to fulfil that domination. But for now, I am watching you – just thought it was only fair to warn you!

Michelle McCool turns to leave and beckons Kharma to follow her as Maryse stands watching them with her hand over her title belt and a look of concern on her face ...

*** SLOW CHEMICAL ***

323 pounds
KANE

The former World Champion heads out towards the ring with the arena bathed in red lights as Grisham and Foley recall last week’s SMACKDOWN and the vow from Kane’s brother, the Undertaker, to be here on SMACKDOWN tonight after his chilling message that it will be the ‘beginning of the end’ – Kane is in the ring and looks to be a little nervous as he looks around the arena before setting off the exploding pyro in the ring posts and awaiting his opponent tonight ...

*** S. O. S. ***

Ghana, West Africa | 212 pounds
KOFI KINGSTON

The hugely popular Ghanaian Kofi Kingston bounds out of the backstage area with the green and yellow sparks flying all around the stage as he heads for the ring to face the Devil’s Favourite Demon. Kofi looks happy as usual as he poses for the fans and Grisham updates us on the issues between Kofi and his ‘former’ friend, Big Show, over the past couple of weeks. Foley suggests that Kofi may have been in the wrong last week but there was no need for the reaction of Big Show as he attacked Kofi afterwards with a chair. Grisham declares that he believes that Big Show is worried that his smaller friend might just have overtaken him in the race for a shot at the World Championship and that Show cannot cope with this fact ...

SINGLES MATCH
KANE vs. KOFI KINGSTON

Another example of the impact that Kofi has recently made in the WWE as he gets 50/50 offense in on the former World Champion and bonafida main eventer, Kane. After a fast start from Kofi, Kane gains control of the match and slows it down but Kofi still manages to counter and mount flurries of a comeback before Kane regains the advantage. As the match appears to be heading towards a Kane win though, Kofi manages to reverse a Chokeslam attempt and hits a standing dropkick that staggers the Big Red Monster back into the corner and Kingston follows up with mounted punches. With the crowd firmly behind him, Kofi climbs to the top rope and – as Kane staggers from the corner – a huge dive into the air allows the Ghanaian to hit a Diving Crossbody from almost ten feet in the air as he collides with Kane and hits a huge impact move that takes him down. Kofi hooks the leg and the crowd chant along in excitement ...

1 ... 2 ... Kane kicks out at the last moment!

For a second, Kofi seems dejected as Foley and Grisham declare that he needs that one more big move to pick up a huge victory here over the former World Champion. However, in typical fashion, Kofi jumps back to his feet and climbs to the top rope once more ... this time, he goes for a huge missile dropkick from the top but he misses as Kane swats him aside and Kofi crashes hard on the mat. Kane doesn’t need a second invitation and he grasps Kofi around the throat once more ... CHOKE SLAM! KANE HITS THE CHOKE SLAM! Kane appears to have the match won and he makes the cover ...

1 ... 2 ... Kofi kicks out!

Amazed, the crowd rally behind Kofi once more and he gets to his knees pumped up despite the pain. Kane looks tormented as he is in disbelief and he looks set to unleash pain on Kofi. He locks his hand around Kingston’s throat once again and looks for a second Choke Slam but Kofi is able to counter into an arm drag that takes Kane down. Another dropkick follows and Kane is down in the centre of the ring ... Boom Drop from Kofi! Kofi backs away and he starts clapping his hands together in the corner as he waits for his opportunity ... However, there are further complications as the appearance of the Big Show distracts Kofi now. Show climbs onto the apron and he points to Kofi with a look of anger in his eyes. Kofi moves towards Show and appears to be trying to reason with Show and question him over last week’s incident. Show suddenly swings for Kofi but he ducks and avoids the contact. TROUBLE IN PARADISE! KOFI KNOCKS SHOW OFF THE APRON WITH THE TROUBLE IN PARADISE! Kofi looks around with a smile on his face as the crowd cheer his actions. However, trouble is in store as Kane locks in another hand around his throat. CHOKE SLAM! Kofi is down and out again but Kane decides to inflict more pain after Kingston kicked out of the Choke Slam earlier tonight. He scoops Kofi up and sets up for the Tombstone Piledriver – the move made famous by his brother, the Undertaker. Kane laughs as he stands with Kofi in position for the Tombstone when all of a sudden ...

*** GONG! ***

Kane stops and looks around in disbelief. Still holding Kofi in place, he looks around and sees nothing and is about to get on with delivering the Tombstone when ...

*** GONG! ***

This time, the lights go out and the crowd scream in delight at the appearance of Taker here on SMACKDOWN tonight! The lights are out for several seconds but nothing appears on the titantron and there are no signs of Undertaker making his way out onto the stage. The lights suddenly come back on and Kane is stood facing the stage area watching for his brother. Eyes instinctively head behind Kane but the WWE Universe do not see Undertaker there either ... instead, Kofi Kingston is in place and waiting ... He waits and waits ... TROUBLE IN PARADISE! KOFI HITS TROUBLE IN PARADISE TO KANE! The crowd cheer wildly as Kofi hooks the leg ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER
KOFI KINGSTON (8:42)

As his music echoes around the arena, Kingston rolls out of the ring and the referee holds up his hand in victory. Kofi grins as he backs away up the ramp with his eyes locked on Big Show who is down on his knees outside the ring looking furious that Kingston was able to out-smart him tonight and still defeat Kane in a huge win that should elevate Kingston further up the SMACKDOWN ranks. The cameras focus on a disbelieving Kane in the ring and he is another looking furious. He stares after Kofi as he disappears backstage saluting the fans and then watches Big Show exit as well. The crowd jeer Kane as he stands in the centre of the ring looking around and they begin to chant the name of his brother ... ‘Un-der-ta-ker!’ over and over again and it is clearly getting to Kane as he looks as if he is going to crack. He suddenly exits the ring and heads over towards the timekeeper where he snatches a microphone and shoves a few people over before grabbing a steel chair and heading back into the ring. With the chair beside him, Kane stands with the microphone and speaks in his usual demented voice ...

KANE
I warned you, Deadman, I warned you to stay away from me!

The crowd’s cheers for ‘Taker intensify as Kane is clearly rattled ...

KANE
You said you would be here tonight, you said it would be the beginning of the end ... Where are you?

Kane looks in different directions, the nerves getting the better of him as he does, he is looking really worried now ...

KANE
WHERE ARE YOU?

The crowd love the screech from Kane and they cheer; another ‘Un-der-ta-ker!’ chant goes up and Kane looks to be bothered by this again ... Suddenly, the lights go out and the crowd go wild as they feel the presence of the Undertaker in the arena! With darkness all around, they wait for a sign of the Undertaker’s arrival ...

*** GRAVEYARD SYMPHONY ***

THE UNDERTAKER

Suddenly, the lights re-appear and Kane is stood watching the titantron in fear. However, stood right behind him, to the delight of Nashville ... is the Undertaker! Wild cheers erupt in the arena as Kane slowly realises and turns around. Undertaker cuts his throat to Kane and then ducks under Kane’s attempted clothesline and scoops his little brother up ... TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER! The crowd are going nuts as Undertaker picks up the microphone that Kane dropped and he looks down on Kane who is flat on his back. Undertaker is ready to address his brother ...

THE UNDERTAKER
Next week, it will be the beginning of the end for you, little brother. SMACKDOWN, next week, you, me ... Buried Alive Match!

Huge roars around the arena as Undertaker’s match idea for next week’s SMACKDOWN appears to be a popular one. Taker rolls his eyes as he stands over his fallen brother and he then speaks one more time ...

THE UNDERTAKER
Kane ... Rest ... In ... Peace!

Undertaker drops the microphone and then raises his arms to imitate Kane. He slams his arms down but instead of a red explosion around the arena, there is an explosion of blue instead and then the lights go out. With darkness filling the arena, the crowd cheer for Undertaker’s announcement before a fork of lightning strikes on the stage to bring the lights back on and leave the camera focused on Kane who is sat up in the ring looking fearful ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN vs. RAW 2011!

In stores now!
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with Matt Striker in the interview area again and this time he is joined by a dejected looking Matt Hardy ...

MATT STRIKER
Matt, it has been a disappointing evening for you with your loss to Alberto Del Rio earlier tonight. With the Royal Rumble just nine days away, what are your thoughts now?

Hardy doesn’t answer immediately and appears to be thinking carefully about how he is going to answer. He ponders for a moment and then looks to Striker ready to speak ...

MATT HARDY
Matt, a few months ago, I left the WWE for a few weeks to get my head together. I have been here for nearly fifteen years altogether now, I have been through everything here in the WWE. I was part of one of the most exciting tag teams of all time. I have won singles titles on so many occasions I have lost count. I’ve lost loved ones, I’ve watched family leave, I’ve left, I’ve returned. And throughout it all, I have always vowed that ‘Matt Hardy will not die!’ When I came back, I said I was back for another shot, another attempt to become the World Champion, to finally win the big prize. Just like Christian, I was here to finally get my hands on the one thing I desperately wanted more than anything else.

Hardy is obviously finding this difficult and he pauses here for a moment of reflection ...

MATT HARDY
Since I came back, I have managed to challenge for the World Championship at a pay-per-view and I came this close, Matt, this close to winning the title that night. I almost beat Christian at Vengeance, I could have gone to the Royal Rumble to face CM Punk for the World Championship as well. Instead, Michael Cole has reduced me to challenging for the Intercontinental Championship instead, a title that I do not want. All this just so I can get one more shot, a chance to enter the Royal Rumble. In nine days time, I head for Cleveland, Ohio, and it is make or break time for Matt Hardy. If I am ever going to win the ‘big one’ then I need to start right now by winning the Royal Rumble, going to WrestleMania and achieving my dream on the biggest stage of them all, WrestleMania 27!

Hardy looks as if he is trying to convince himself as well as he speaks his mind ...

MATT STRIKER
But Matt, what happens if you don’t win the Royal Rumble?

Hardy considers his response for a moment ...

MATT HARDY
You know what, Matt Striker? That thought hasn’t crossed my mind. All I am concentrating on is winning the Rumble and going to WrestleMania to face ...

????
Oh, please, shut him up, Striker!

Into shot walks the SMACKDOWN General Manager Michael Cole to intense heat from the Nashville branch of the WWE Universe here tonight ...

MICHAEL COLE
Hardy, I am the General Manager here on SMACKDOWN and I make the decisions around here now. I am being fair and entering you for SMACKDOWN into the Royal Rumble, you have your chance to earn a shot at the World Championship ... but let’s face it, Matt, you aren’t going to win it, are you?

Boos for Cole’s words as Hardy looks not too impressed with the General Manager ... Hardy looks to respond but Cole shuts him up and tells him to listen to him instead!

MICHAEL COLE
Be quiet, Hardy, I am speaking now. For weeks, I have had to watch and listen to you as you tell everybody that you’re back in the WWE to win the World Championship and guess what? You haven’t got it done ... AGAIN! Hardy, you are in the Royal Rumble but I can guarantee you one thing. If you lose and you fail to get the shot at the champion at WrestleMania, then you might as well retire. Because you will not be getting another shot at the titles here on SMACKDOWN ...

Cole looks at Hardy as if daring him to respond but Hardy just looks down and shakes his head before turning round and leaving as Cole smirks at Matt Striker and shrugs his shoulders as if to suggest he did nothing wrong ... The cameras return to the ring where Kelly Kelly is already in the ring ahead of the next match of the evening ...

*** HOLLA HOLLA ***

Jacksonville, Florida
KELLY KELLY

Kelly holds her hands up to greet the fans at ringside and she receives a nice cheer before the arrival of her opponent, the new Divas Champion herself ...

*** POURQUOI? ***

Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Divas Champion
MARYSE

Maryse heads out with the Divas Championship around her waist and she holds her hand up to the men in the audience as they try to get her attention. The champion steps through the ropes sexily before handing over her Divas belt to the referee and then proceeding to talk Kelly down in French. Annoyed at Maryse’s arrogance, Kelly rushes over and starts firing right hands at Maryse and this forces the referee to signal for the bell to start the match ...

NON-TITLE MATCH
KELLY KELLY vs. MARYSE

Maryse won the Divas Championship on Tuesday on NXT and she looks to continue with her hot streak as she faces off against Kelly. The popular Kelly starts out fast and she delights the crowd as she takes Maryse down a peg or two with a stink face in the corner but Maryse battles back after a near fall and takes control. Maryse slowly and methodically takes Kelly apart and mocks her as she does. However, Maryse is thrown off guard as Michelle McCool and her henchwoman, Kharma, appear on stage ...

McCool and Kharma stay on the stage and they simply seem to be here to watch the Divas Champion in action. However, the distraction has caused Maryse to be caught by Kelly and she is now stomping a mudhole in the stomach of the Divas Champion. With a real chance to thrust herself into title contention, Kelly appears to be up for this and she hits a superkick that sends Maryse down to the mat with a crash. Kelly makes the cover ...

1 ... 2 ... Maryse kicks out!

A ‘Ooooh!’ echoes out around Nashville as Kelly comes close to a popular victory. Kelly appears to know she was close as she holds her head in disappointment. This momentary lapse causes Maryse to get a stiff kick in to Kelly’s knee from the apron and a slap follows that leaves Kelly clutching her face. Maryse whips Kelly to the ropes and, as she returns, Maryse uses a high knee to knock Kelly down once more. A quick glance to the stage at Michelle McCool and Kharma reassures Maryse that she is in no imminent danger and she grabs Kelly and drags her up ... FRENCH KISS DDT! MARYSE HITS THE DDT TO KELLY!

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER
MARYSE (3:19)

The referee hands the Divas Championship belt over to Maryse who warily raises it up in the air to signal that she is the Divas Champion whilst she keeps an eye on Michelle McCool and Kharma on the stage. McCool is sarcastically applauding Maryse for her victory and she is looking down to the Divas Champion in the ring. The crowd appear to be split over who to boo here and they decide to sit back and watch instead as McCool beckons to Kharma and they begin to head for the ring. With Kharma walking with a purpose, McCool leads her into the ring. Maryse, with her title, slips out of the ring instead and edges around the barricades and onto the ramp clearly wanting nothing to do with Kharma. Instead, Kharma grabs the recovering Kelly and she places her in a double handed choke hold before lifting her up high in the air by the throat. An official is demanding Kharma put Kelly down but she ignore this warning and instead hits a double choke hold powerbomb that leaves Kelly broken on her back in the middle of the ring – an extraordinary show of strength from the sidekick of McCool. Michelle pats Kharma on the back before they turn to watch Maryse as she heads out of the arena looking shaken at what she has just seen ...[/size]

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

JEFF HARDY RETURNS!

Coming soon to Friday Night SMACKDOWN!
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with an angry looking Kofi Kingston walking around the corridors backstage, he is clearly looking for somebody. He suddenly breaks out into a run as he enters the parking lot and the cameras follow as he heads towards a rental car. At the open boot of the car is Kofi’s former friend, Big Show, loading his bags into the car and he looks up as Kofi shouts to him to wait. Show looks unimpressed to see Kofi as he heads over ...

BIG SHOW
Kofi, just leave it OK? You don’t wanna’ get hurt, not again!

KOFI KINGSTON
You know what, you need a reality check, Show. For the past few weeks, you’ve had a problem with me and I wanna’ know why, man. You’ve smashed me in the head with a TV monitor, you’ve assaulted me with a steel chair and tonight you tried – and failed – to interfere in my match with Kane. You couldn’t deny me victory, Show, but I need to know something ... Just what is your problem?

Show rubs his face and looks angered slightly by Kofi’s words. He slams the boot shut and advances from behind the car and takes a step towards Kofi who, to his credit, doesn’t back down. Show looks tormented as he speaks ...

BIG SHOW
Kofi, you need to start using your ears. I told you to leave it ... OK?

Show shoves past Kofi and goes to open the car door but Kofi is intent on finding some answers and he kicks the side of the door to slam it shut again. Show looks close to cracking but he retains control and takes a deep breath. He turns to face Kofi once more ...

BIG SHOW
Have you got a death wish or something, Kofi? I told you to leave it and I will not tell you again. Now, get out of my way.

KOFI KINGSTON
You know what, man? You’re not worth it. I know full well why you’ve been attacking me the way you have lately. Jealousy. You know that you career is on the slippery slope ...

The crowd ‘Ooh!’ as Kofi lets rip and Show’s face reddens with anger ...

KOFI KINGSTON
... whilst my career is just taking off. I am the new star here on SMACKDOWN, I am the rising talent. You’re scared that I’m about to jump ahead of you in the queue for the World Championship and it’s eating away inside of you, it is killing you isn’t it, Show?

Show’s rage is bubbling under the surface but again he stays in control and reaches for the handle to the car. He opens the door and Kofi allows it but he steps up on the opposite side of door to face Show right in the face ...

KOFI KINGSTON
Face it, Show ... You’re finished! Your time is up! You’re about to ...

Finally, Big Show cracks and Kofi gets his reaction ... A right hand right in the side of the face that he fails to avoid and Kofi is knocked out cold as the crowd jeer Big Show’s actions once more. Calmly, Show closes the door again and steps over Kofi, kneeling down to look into his unconscious face.

BIG SHOW
You got one thing wrong, Kofi. I don’t fear you, I don’t think you are going to jump ahead of me in the queue. The WWE Universe, these morons here in Nashville, they might think that you’re on a roll and that you’re heading for the stars. But I don’t see it that way – I see it that you’ve got a hell of a lot of potential and that it is now time for me to end that potential right now. This is my year, Kofi, not yours. I’m winning the Royal Rumble and I’m going to WrestleMania whether the WWE Universe like it or not. I’m fed up of seeing guys like you getting a few wins and the WWE Universe going wild for you when I’ve been winning for years and they never ever got fully behind me, did they?

Show stands up and opens the door again. He stoops to climb into the car but then has one more comment to make ...

BIG SHOW
Well, screw them. Screw the WWE Universe ... and screw you, Kofi.

Show climbs into the car and slams the door closed, the dint in the door still showing from where Kofi kicked it earlier. The car speeds off and Kofi is left lying on the hard, concrete floor out cold from the WMD punch delivered by Big Show. Grisham and Foley worry about Kofi and suggest that Big Show might be about to make the youngster’s life a living hell after those comments ... The cameras return to the arena where the crowd look a little shocked at what they just saw and heard from Big Show but they are jolted back into excitement as the music of John Cena hits and it is time for the main event ...

*** MY TIME IS NOW ***

West Newbury, Massachusetts | 240 pounds
JOHN CENA

Cena, dressed in his new black t-shirt that no longer has includes his ‘Hustle, Loyalty, Respect’ slogan, heads for the ring looking unhappy. As normal, he now fails to salute the fans and he runs down to the ring where he stands at the ropes and simply stares out to the crowd with a look of disdain now. He points to himself and clearly is mouthing the words ‘Royal Rumble winner’ to the crowd at ringside who are booing him relentlessly. Cena is handed a microphone and he prepares to address the crowd here in Nashville ...

JOHN CENA
You know, I never ever believed there would be a time when I would come out here and enjoyed hearing those boos.

The boos intensify for Cena but he simply looks around and smirks before beckoning for the Nashville crowd to lay the boos and jeers down on him more. He shakes his head at their attempts to boo him out of the building and then continues ...

JOHN CENA
Pathetic attempt, Nashville, pathetic! For years, I heard those boos build and build, you people never truly appreciated me. All I had to show for my efforts were hundreds, thousands, millions of kids cheering for me, buying my t-shirts, looking up to me. I was the ‘Face of the WWE’ to a bunch of nine and ten year olds – and I hated it.

More jeers as Cena lays it down on the younger members of the WWE Universe ...

JOHN CENA
Kissing babies here, handing out t-shirts to spoilt little brats, being the most requested guy for the ‘Make A Wish’ foundation. I did it with a smile on my face because Vince McMahon told me to and he paid me handsomely to do it.

A shocking revelation from Cena as he reveals his true feelings ...

JOHN CENA
And you know the reasons why Vince McMahon paid me well to do it? He paid me to do it, he paid me to act the way that I did, he paid me to encourage the little people to look up to me and respect me, to buy my merchandise, he paid me to do that ... because there was nobody else that could.

A loud ‘Cena sucks!’ chant sets off and Cena again appears to be loving the reaction of the crowd nowadays ...

JOHN CENA
For years, I really thought I could make a difference to the little children and their lives. Yet, you people, the parents of these children, you expected me to set a good example to your children. You expected me to set the example because you were incapable of doing so and how did you thank me? You booed me.

Cena shakes his head at the thought ...

JOHN CENA
For the past year, I’ve been hearing those boos louder and louder, every night, disrespecting me for trying to set a good example to your children. But there comes a time when all the money in the world can’t compensate for the way you feel. I began to resent you all, the kids, the adults, the whole stinking lot of you.

Huge jeers in the arena ...

JOHN CENA
I told Vince that I wanted out, that I wanted to let rip at you all – yet he convinced me to ignore the critics, ignore the boos, ignore the ‘Five moves of Doom!’ comments ... And do you know why he did that? He did that because he knew there wasn’t another man in the company who could do what I did. He knew that I was the ‘Face of the WWE’ and the so-called ‘Number 2 Face of the WWE’ was never ever going to be up to the job ...

The crowd realise where Cena is heading and an ‘RKO!’ chant begins ...

JOHN CENA
Yeah, that’s him, alright. Randy Orton. The Number 2 face. Unable to get the job done. Unable to connect with the WWE Universe in the way Vince demanded ... But then, Vince sold the WWE to Chip Butty. He reduced the money being paid to me to kiss babies, he reduced the money being paid to me to push my t-shirts ... And when you all decided that Randy Orton should face Wade Barrett alone at Cyber Sunday, I decided right there, right then – I’d had enough.

Cena nods his head and it is clear that he is happier now that he is free from the ‘Face of the WWE’ tag ...

JOHN CENA
When Shawn Michaels handed me the chance, I screwed over Randy Orton just like I should have screwed over all of your hideous children a long, long time ago ...

Intense hatred for Cena from the SMACKDOWN audience now ...

JOHN CENA
You see, Randy Orton, yet again, couldn’t get the job done. He suspected me before Survivor Series, he didn’t trust me – but he couldn’t stop me from losing his WWE Championship. He couldn’t stop me leaving and heading here for SMACKDOWN. And at Vengeance, he couldn’t get the job done again when I pinned his shoulders to the mat ... 1 ... 2 ... 3!

Another ‘RKO!’ chant begins, this time much louder ... Will Orton show up here tonight?

JOHN CENA
I’m not interested in facing Randy Orton no more, I am done with him. I have proven that I am the better man and I am moving on to win the Royal Rumble and then headline WrestleMania once again where I will win the World Championship. I am going to go undefeated for a long, long time, starting tonight against Christian, and there is nothing that Randy Orton can do about it. Chip Butty may have shown weakness and allowed Orton to compete in the Rumble but I will be glad to prove to Orton once and for all that I am the best here on SMACKDOWN, the best in the WWE and the true better man, a man that Orton could never ever live up to.

Boos for Cena and he is smirking proudly now ...

JOHN CENA
I’ve also just been informed by Michael Cole that Chip Butty has called him and he says that next week on Friday Night SMACKDOWN, Randy Orton will be here!

Loud cheers for Orton and Cena milks the cheers ...

JOHN CENA
I’m not afraid, Orton. You don’t scare me, you don’t worry me, you don’t concern me in the slightest. I’m heading into the Royal Rumble in 9 days time and I have one thing on my mind – victory. And I assure you and every other member of the WWE Universe out there that jeered me for the past three years ...

Cena looks round arrogantly ...

JOHN CENA
I will get the job ... done!

‘My Time Is Now’ restarts and Cena tosses away the microphone as Foley and Grisham discuss the comments of Cena. Foley declares that Cena’s comments towards the younger members of the WWE Universe, the ones that spent millions of pounds on Cena merchandise, were disgusting and that he should be ashamed of himself. However, Grisham does defend Cena slightly when he says Cena wasn’t lying about the jeers from the WWE Universe getting louder and louder. Grisham then hypes up tonight’s main event – Cena vs. Christian is up next!

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

ATLANTA, GA

79 DAYS TO GO!
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with Cena still in the ring taking abuse from the crowd at ringside but arrogantly rising above it as he awaits his opponent for tonight’s main event match ...

*** CLOSE YOUR EYES ***

Toronto, Ontario, Canada | 227 pounds
CHRISTIAN

Huge pop for the Number 1 contender as he looks for a morale boosting win as he heads into the Royal Rumble and the World Championship match with CM Punk. Grisham and Foley remind us that Christian declared he would beat Cena tonight and that he would prove he was worthy of being the Number 1 contender. Foley also reminds us that Christian invited Punk to head to the ring to witness it firsthand. Christian slaps hands with the WWE Universe as he makes his way to the ring and then he stands on the middle ropes looking out into the crowd for his Peeps who make a lot of noise in response. Both men are prepared for the match and the bell is set to be rung when ...

*** CULT OF PERSONALITY ***

World Heavyweight Champion
CM PUNK

Here comes the World Champion as invited by Christian. Punk saunters towards the ring with the World Championship around his waist and he stops at the foot of the ramp to look up at his opponent, Christian, in 9 days time. However, it isn’t just Christian who has his sights set on Punk and John Cena is also looking towards Punk and speculating that he will win the World Championship in the near future too. Punk smirks and heads round to join Mick Foley and Todd Grisham on commentary as the match begins ...

MAIN EVENT | SINGLES MATCH
CHRISTIAN vs. JOHN CENA

An even contest at first and both men appear to be in great shape heading into the Royal Rumble next Sunday as they look to achieve their major goals – Cena wants a Rumble win, Christian wants to win the World Championship. Foley speculates, to the annoyance of Punk, that if both men get their way next Sunday, we could see this match as the main event at WrestleMania and the pair of them show signs of a WrestleMania worthy main event match. Cena does appear to always be one step ahead of CM Punk’s challenger although the number of glances from Christian towards his Rumble opponent, Punk, might explain that. Cena manages to hit a big Sidewalk Slam to Christian as the match begins to wind a way towards the finish but the Peep’s favourite manages to kick out and sends Cena to the outside of the ring such is his determination to not be beaten tonight. With Cena on the outside, Christian prevents him from returning to the ring as he hits a dropkick to Cena as he is on the apron that sends Cena heading towards the announce table with which he collides heavily. Christian then uses the top rope to leap over into a Plancha that connects with Cena on the outside. There is no time for Christian to celebrate though as he stands up and ends up face to face with the World Champion, CM Punk. Tension fills the arena as Christian and CM Punk try to intimidate each other but this allows Cena time to recover and he whips Christian hard into the barricades instead. Despite the referee’s protests, Cena continues to inflict ‘illegal’ pain on Christian as he shoulder drives him back first into the edge of the ring and Christian is in trouble as Cena rolls him back into the ring and makes the cover ...

1 ... 2 ... Kick out from Christian!

Cena whips Christian into the ropes but Christian ducks the attempted clothesline before hitting a forearm smash of his own. Cena jumps back up quickly but Christian springboards off the ropes and hits a shoulder block that takes Cena down again. Hook of the leg from Christian ...

1 ... 2 ... Cena kicks out easily!

The little flurry from Christian has allowed him time to recover a little and he drags Cena to the corner and launches fists that show Christian’s mean side as he sets his sights on World Championship gold in the near future. Christian thunders Cena hard over and over and the referee seems to be lenient as he threatens Christian twice – finally, Christian relents as CM Punk declares him a coward on commentary for using illegal fists. Foley defends Christian after Cena’s earlier outside activities and an argument begins between the pair as the action in the ring continues with Christian hitting a Flapjack to Cena that crashes him down on his face ... Christian hooks the leg again ...

1 ... 2 ... Cena kicks out once more!

Closer call this time though and Cena is rattled big time as he staggers to his feet and heads for the corner and sanctuary via the referee. Christian is frustrated by this and argues with the ref allowing Cena chance for a cheap shot kick to the gut. Cena uses the ropes for leverage and hits a running snapmare to take Christian down before a low dropkick to the face of Christian again. Cena beckons Christian up but as the Number 1 contender swings a punch, Cena ducks and hits a shoulder block off the rope. Another shoulder block, a third shoulder block and the crowd explode with boos and jeers as Cena launches into his so called ‘5 moves of Doom’ that were once extremely popular but now get the opposite response from the WWE Universe. Christian swings for another clothesline and Cena ducks before hitting the Protoplex to crash Christian down onto the mat on his back ... Five Knuckle Shuffle from Cena! As usual these days, the ‘You can’t see me!’ gesture is aimed at the WWE Universe and his opponent and then he heads for the top rope ... Leg Drop! Christian is laid out with the leg to the back of his neck. Cena pounces with Christian down and he locks it in ... STFU! CENA HAS THE STFU LOCKED IN ON THE NUMBER 1 CONTENDER! CM Punk scoffs on commentary as Christian writhes in pain, the STFU ripping his face back and causing him to cry out in pain ... It appears all is lost and CM Punk is pronouncing that he will have no difficulty defeating Christian at the Rumble when Christian suddenly manages to push over onto his back and rolls both himself and Cena over ... They collide with the ropes and the crowd cheer as the referee breaks the hold – Cena is furious and he confronts the referee about why he has not signalled for the bell.

Foley and Grisham hype up the situation as Cena argues with the ref and Christian recovers in the corner – who will win the match? Will Cena’s undefeated promise end after just one week? Or will the Number 1 contender get a huge momentum boost heading into the Rumble? Cena angrily goes after Christian and fires right hands into the face of a recovering Christian in the corner before dragging him out to the centre of the ring. Christian wobbles and Cena looks around at the WWE Universe with a look of pleasure in his eyes ... He sets up for the FU and lifts Christian to his shoulders ready to hit the move but Christian wriggles clear. A standing dropkick from Christian knocks Cena over once more and the crowd rally with Christian as he waits for Cena to get back up ... As Cena gets to his knees, Christian is in place and ready for locking in the Killswitch when CM Punk suddenly leaves the announce table. Climbing onto the apron, Punk diverts Christian’s attention to himself and he holds the title in the air for Christian to see. Christian reacts by angrily punching Punk hard in the face and knocking the World Champion down to the floor ... However, the diversion costs Christian and Cena takes his chance ... FU! CENA HITS THE FU! Cena hooks the leg ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER
JOHN CENA (13:43)

As Cena’s music blasts out, Cena taunts the crowd over another victory and they respond with hatred for him. As he drops down to the mat again, he locks eyes with CM Punk who has climbed into the ring. The pair of them stare each other out and Punk slowly unbuckles the World Championship and raises it high. Cena looks at the title and then back to Punk and nods his head and there appears to be some tension between the two of them here. Christian gets to his knees and this distracts Cena though as he drags Christian up ... He looks to CM Punk and Punk drops the title belt in preparation. Cena forces Christian towards Punk who lifts him onto his shoulders ... GO TO SLEEP! CHRISTIAN IS OUT COLD FROM THE GTS! Punk and Cena look at each other once more and Cena gestures to the World Championship on the mat and then to Punk – it appears he is telling Punk to win his Royal Rumble match and he will see him at WrestleMania. Cena leaves the ring as Punk stands over Christian and he raises the World Championship belt again before looking down at Christian once more ... A bad night for Christian and a potential bad omen for his chances at the Rumble as SMACKDOWN fades out and the show ends another week here in the WWE!

***** END OF SHOW *****

=================================

*** CONFIRMED ***

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP – TAG TEAM TURMOIL MATCH

Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder (c) vs. British Empire vs. Cyme Tyme vs. Evan Bourne & Mark Henry vs. Hart Dynasty vs. Usos

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk (c) vs. Christian

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Wade Barrett (c) vs. Triple H

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
Winner to get shot at the WWE or World Championship at WrestleMania 27!

Last edited by GCB : 03-26-2012 at 04:37 PM.
GCB is offline   Reply With Quote