Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #478 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
BTW is that Backlund vs Valentine match from 1979, the hour match?
Aye, one of the best hour long matches ever and quite easy to sit through IMO (though I'm a huge fan of Backlund so like Flair I can always watch their longer matches and not get bored unlike if I watched someone like HHH for the same length of time).

Match has an awesome story of Valentine trying umpteen ways to lock on the figure four only for Backlund to repeately have a counter, feels like a very organic sense of parity with both men being able to take the advantage but never control for extended periods due to their ability. Comes across as more natural and less choreographed as well which always helps. Some freakish feats of strength by Backlund as well unless I'm thinking of a different match, something along the lines of a deadlift full nelson.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome