Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #463 (permalink)
#ROOT
Taking orders from THE MACHINE

#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownage™ View Post
Yup, although I kind of agree with that guy about Bret/Austin. Not because matches got more hardcore over the years though, WM 13 just never struck me as one of the best matches in company history. I should probably watch it again but every time I've seen it I thought it was a fantastic match but short of true top 10 WWE matches like Taker/Michaels in the Cell, Bret/Owen at Mania, HHH/Foley at the Rumble.
I also agree that it isn't THE best match in the company's history (though I ranked it at '#12 and it ended up placing #1 overall in the poll some of us did ) but its still an incredible match with a great build up and feud attached to it and the ever memorable finish as both an image (blood pouring down Austin's face before he passes out) and a huge moment in the company (Austin becoming a babyface while Bret turns heel at the same time which began imo the boom period for the WWF).