Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #461 (permalink)
#ROOT
Taking orders from THE MACHINE

#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownage™ View Post
Disagree about the Flair/Steamboat matches not holding up over the years. It's been a while since I've seen them but the last time I did they still had the all-time classic feel.
Absolutely agree. Doesn't matter WHEN certain classic matches took place for me, they are still classics. Someone mentioned about Bret/Austin from WM 13 and how it was awesome at the time but we saw matches like that every week on Raw or whatever not too long after. True, we saw plenty more "hardcore" style matches on TV not too long after that, but NONE of them even came close to being as brilliantly executed as Bret/Austin which is what keeps it on such a high level after all these years. The style of Flair/Steamboat might be seen on a much more regular basis today or whatever, but do any of them really begin to compare? Nope. THAT is what keeps classic matches classics. They do what they do better than other matches that try to do the same.