Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #453 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Cactus
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat Chi-Town Rumble 1989
A fun match, that kept me entertained throughout. I didn't even knew this match went 23 minutes till it was announced when the match was over. It flew by so fast. I felt the pacing to be a bit off though and the psychology was lacking in the sense that Flair never really went after Steamboat's leg, even after putting him in the figure four leg lock. That and the match just felt like who's the better chopper. Still, a fun memorable match with some simple yet effective spots.

BTW, I'm finally getting around to watching the Flair/Steamboat bouts. It's so hard to find the matches on Youtube so it's taking a while. I'll probably have to check XWT-Classics but then again my ratio is so poor on that site. Anyway, which bouts do you recommend? And which one(s) is/are your favourite? I see Meltzer has Chi-Town Rumble at *****. Must have had to witness the match at the time and be a part of the build and what not to really, really enjoy that one it seems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7lm5XHxvmA

My personal favorite of the series. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. It seems this match is virtually unknown.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome