Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 03-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #333 (permalink)
ダニエル
Learning to break kayfabe

ダニエル ダニエル
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Okabayashi gets more heat at the end of the interpromotional tags than Sekimoto, especially the ones in Korakuen. Not that getting heat automatically means a better worker. Anyway, the reason he gets more heat is that Okabayashi has a lot more chance of being pinned than Sekimoto, raising the drama a bit. He was better in the April BJPW/AJPW tag than Sekimoto (I didn't think anything of the other iterations) and Sekimoto has been pretty damn awful in the 2012 tags. Even though I don't think Okabayashi is a high level guy, he has better selling, better on offence and can lay out a good finish stretch. I admit to liking Sekimoto a bit in the past, but he has gone backwards. He's not very imaginative and once you've seen one Sek match, you've seen em all.

You guys should watch Casas's stuff. I'm really not much of a lucha guy but I enjoy his work a lot. He has obvious influence from puroresu, and he does it damn brilliantly. Our forum puroresu.tv has lists for Mexico & US that are voted for by mostly puroresu fans, so it's probably more accessible for you than a WKO list e.g. Casas/Panther matches have been spectacular.