Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #1922 (permalink)
cesaro_ROCKS
I put the "W" in WWE!

cesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazukek View Post
Where do most of your calories come from, fats or carbs? I lost most of my weight eating under 150 carbs per day, but I switched to 300+ now (good carbs not sweets and such) I feel this large amount contributes to my cravings for bad foods. However, at the peak of my weight lost, I was getting light headed when stood up and felt sick. This could be because I was jogging in summer heat plus p90x, or do you think this was because my body just wasn't getting enough glucose?
I don't believe carbs are bad, there are just some that don't help out. Like you said sugar...that can be good at the proper time. After a workout I prefer fruit though versus candy or other sweets. Basically you'll be lacking the extra vitmains and minerals you could be getting from fruit (other healthier carbs in general) rather than from a candy bar. But you seem to already have figured that out.

Most of my calories do come from Carbohydrates, I have an intake of about 1800 calories a day. I try to focus on getting about 150g of protein and then fill in the rest with carbs and fat; that's easier for my sense, not for everyone though.

Basically the idea behind low carb diets is to have your body switch to fat, ketones, for energy. cardio done at a low intensity level (long distance running) will use fat as the primary source though already. If your body switches to ketones (apparently completely skipping muscle they would have yo believe) then your body will be burning fat 24/7 instead of relying on glucose. so your body could have very well been in a low carbohydrate state, not yet using fat, and you felt funny because of it; like you said dizziness. read these,
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/low-carb-diet/NU00279
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/carbohydrates/MY01458

what has worked for me (FOR ME!), like I said, focus on the protein amount, then fill in the rest with the carbs and fat (like 30% protein, 20% fat, 50% carbs). I also prefer to have barely any food in my house except enough to last me 1 or 2 days; just simpler to cut out temptation vs trying to fight it.

The Swiss Superman
cesaro_ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote