Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

600K views 8K replies 532 participants last post by  adamclark52 
#1 ·
Unlike HDNet, the weekly broadcasts will air at different times and for those of us abroad, we'll be seeing it at all different times online too, so I guess we can discuss events/happenings here.

Here's the preview for this week.

SBG have brought some great technical leaps since HDNet. The Haas/Benjamin segment with them holding the belts looks real clear, for instance.

Can't wait.

#1,546 ·
#1,547 ·
I really enjoyed this week's show. The wrestling on it was very good. Fish vs Edwards was a great TV match, as would be expected from these two. The main event was a fun sprint, but it was a tad too short. I would love to see Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander get a more prominent role on the shows. They're severely underutilized.

But all in all, I think it did a decent enough job setting up the road to Border Wars.

#1,549 ·
Eddie Edwards vs Bobby Fish was great in this week TV show near ***3/4 for me, the had plenty of time and mesh really well in the ring.

QT Marshall & RD Evans vs Alabama Attitude was a fun match, Evans makes Marshall a lot more watchable with his antics during the match.

The ME was a fine spotfest, it lasted ¿8 minutes? but everybody had time to do their thing, C&C are really underrated, specially Cedric Alexander.

#1,553 ·
I reviewed ROH TV 4/20/2013 here:
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/ring-of-honor-tv-4202013-results-and.html

The show had:
Mike Bennett vs Roderick Strong
Mike Santi vs Tadarius Thomas
ACH vs Matt Taven

Overall thoughts: This was the dirty finish show with all of the matches having dirty finishes. There was too much talk as well so I'm giving this one a thumbs down. A shame too since Corino's mic work was good but went on too long and the last two matches had legit chances to be very good but got ruined by other circumstances.

Some shots from the show:

#1,554 ·
Edwards vs Fish was ok. Towards the end - following the dive moreso - everything kind of went to hell and they just threw moves, pinfall, threw moves, pinfall. I was underwhelmed. Eddie should have sold the leg during more of the match too. Unless the dive to the outside hitting the railing wasn't part of the program. (I say this thinking why would Fish both attacking the leg then? So yeah.)

#1,567 ·
ROH TV 4/27/2013 had:

SCUM vs C&C and Jay Lethal
Jay Lethal vs Rhett Titus
Matt Hardy and Rhino vs Adam Cole and Jay Briscoe

I reviewed the show here: http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/ring-of-honor-tv-4272013-results-and.html

Overall thoughts: This show was pretty weak as compared to previous weeks. There was only one really good match and a little too much SCUM and Corino for my tastes. They also really didn't do a good job here of putting over some of the PPV matches as I didn't even know Whitmer and Titus were going to be in an I-Quit match. Let's not forget that they didn't even mention that Naomichi Marufuji won't be at the PPV, which is a big problem. I did like the short promos as the end though and wish they did more of them. This show can be skipped however and wasn't the greatest build to the PPV.

#1,568 ·
I was confused for a minute because Ringside members get the show on Monday. But then I remembered that on TV it actually airs over the weekend. I just watched last weeks show yesterday, with ACH in the main event. Here's my experience, blow by blow:

All in all, thought it was a pretty below average wrestling show when you compare it to other shows on the internet.

One match sucked.

One match didn’t even happen.

And the third match ended in shenanigans. I know shenanigans is a bold accusation but I think it fits.

I wanna see ROH do well but I’m just not feeling it.

The Opening Segment

Damn there’s a lot of members in SCUM. I’m sick of the over populated stable storyline. Sometimes less is more.

Corino calling Hardy Jesus was funny. Love Corino.

But hate Hardy. Is it me or was that Twist of fate slow and weak? The subpar punch was wasted motion too.

Strong VS Bennett

I’m not a fan of either of these guys. No charisma and their matches tend to be long and boring. That’s what happened here.

I like Mondo’s commentary. But why did he get up before Bennett accidentally speared him? Because Strong almost ran into him but didn’t?

I also don’t know why he attacked Strong after the match but it’s good to see him walking around again. I’m big on Mondo.

Santi VS Thomas

Awesome to see Santi in ROH. I’m a fan of his from WUW. I also like Thomas. Sick in the ring.

SCUM came out and ruined this. Just awful. I hate the SCUM storyline. And I hate this stupid stipulation. Just throwing my two cents in here, this doesn’t entice me to buy the PPV. It’s bad enough that the PPV’s are hardly ever worth the money. And it’s bad enough that SCUM has little to no entertainment value. But now they ruined what could have been a pretty decent match too?

And what was that weird comment about Jorge Santi’s body type? Couldn’t figure it out.

INside Ring of Honor

Jay’s promo was great, even though it made no sense. Mark’s was better. Love the Briscoes.

ACH VS Taven

Loved Truth Martini cock worshiping the belt. ROH needs to do more stuff like that. Loved Briscoe complaining about it. That’s a valid point.

Good match, loved the corkscrew dropkick and the hurricanranna into a frog splash.

Hated the way it ended. That kind of thing should be a spice, not the meat and potatoes of a wrestling show, the way it was in this episode.

#1,569 ·
ROH TV 5/4/13 had:

Michael Elgin vs Karl Anderson
MsChif vs Davienne
Davey Richards vs Kyle O'Reilly

I reviewed the show here:
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/ring-of-honor-tv-542013-results-and.html

Overall thoughts: I thought this episode sucked. There was a ton of MOVESZ and no selling and it completely took me out of it. I hated the main and the Elgin/Anderson match wasn't much better. If you like all these guys you will love this show, but I don't like them and I hated it.

#1,570 ·
- Ring of Honor regrets to announce that our upcoming event in Charleston, WV scheduled for June 7th at the Charleston Civic Center has been canceled. If you purchased your tickets through ROHWrestling.com, then please click HERE for information on refunds. If you purchased your tickets through Ticketmaster, then you must return them to the original point of purchase in order to attain your refund. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause to our fans.

- In a positive note, Charleston's loss is Columbus' gain as Eddie Edwards World Title match scheduled for June 7th will now take place in Columbus on June 8th! It could be Jay Briscoe, it could be BJ Whitmer, it could even be Davey Richards who "Die Hard" faces that night...keep an eye on all our upcoming events to see how the World Title picture unfolds and get your tickets for our Ohio return here!

- Everyone in Ring of Honor wants to thank the fans in Toronto who attended "Border Wars 2013" and the TV Tapings last Saturday and Sunday. Both events were great and everyone showed why we are the best pro wrestling on the planet today. Thank you Toronto for the great atmosphere!

- Paul London is feeling much better since his brutal encounter with Davey Richards last Saturday at "Border Wars 2013". ROH officials hope to line up a few more dates for Paul very soon. It was great to have Paul back in ROH after almost 10 years and his passion for wrestling showed through in Toronto.

- It was a pleasure for us to have Pro Wrestling NOAH's Taiji Ishimori with us last weekend in Toronto. Ishimori impressed everyone who saw him and ROH definitely wants Ishimori back very soon. Don't miss his match with Roderick Strong when it airs on ROH TV on May 25th!

- Speaking of Paul London, see comments from Paul London in the debut edition of the "Honor Roll!" In addition, Jimmy Jacobs, Kevin Steen, Barrister RD Evans, QT Marshall, Caprice Coleman, Cedric Alexander, Jay Lethal, and the Briscoe Brothers speak on THIS Saturday's live event in Belle Vernon!

- THIS Saturday on May 11th, Ring of Honor returns to the Rostraver Ice Gardens in Belle Vernon, PA for a big live event DVD taping! reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) defend the ROH World Tag Team Titles against current World Champion Jay Briscoe and brother Mark! The card is loaded up and down with Tadarius Thomas vs. World TV Champion Matt Taven in Proving Ground rules, "God's Gift" QT Marshall & The Barrister RD Evans face The American Wolves, ACH vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin, Kevin Steen goes to war with Rhett Titus and much more. Tickets are on-sale right HERE for our return to the Pittsburgh area and it is going to be electric!

- JUST SIGNED for THIS Saturday in Belle Vernon... Adam Cole vs. BJ Whitmer vs. Roderick Strong in a huge triple threat match!

- "The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa made a surprise return last Saturday at "Border Wars 2013" and looked great! Ciampa has been signed for THIS Saturday's event in Belle Vernon against Vinny Marseglia!

- Jimmy Jacobs vs. Jay Lethal THIS Saturday will be now be NO DISQUALIFICATION!

- This week in the "Tuesday Rollout" we paid homage to one of the best World Title reigns of ROH's 11-year history with "Bryan Danielson: World Champion"! This 2-Disc DVD release features 12 of his title defenses against challengers such as Austin Aries, KENTA, Samoa Joe, and Homicide! Click here to see the full details and purchase yours now!

- In addition to that classic set, the ROH Store also now has the highly anticipated "PWG: All Star Weekend 9 Night 1 & 2" DVDs in-stock as well as the "Dynamite Kid: A Matter of Pride" documentary! Click here to purchase!

- On May 18th Ring of Honor returns to Richmond, VA and there has been a big six-man tag team match signed as Jay Lethal, Caprice Coleman, & Cedric Alexander face World TV Champion Matt Taven & World Tag Team Champions reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)! Plus “The Buzzsaw” BJ Whitmer challenges Jay Briscoe for the ROH World Championship and in his quest to destroy S.C.U.M one-by-one, Kevin Steen will battle Jimmy Jacobs! Tickets for our May 18th return to Richmond, VA are available now in the ROH Store!

- JUST SIGNED for May 18th in Richmond.... Adam Cole vs. Adam Page in a match that promises to be hot! Plus hometown stars Team A-1 (Jeff Early & Zak Hilton) will be in action!

- For those who did not witness "Border Wars 2013", this weekend on "Ring of Honor Wrestling" TV you will have a chance to see a few of the matches that made this card so special with a special "ROAD RAGE" edition from Toronto. The main event will feature "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal going to war with Jimmy Jacobs & Cliff Compton and if SCUM wins, one member will receive a World Title match AND Corino joins the commentary team but if Team ROH wins, Corino is gone from ROH! In addition, Roderick Strong will face Mike Bennett plus interviews and a video package not seen on iPPV. The replay of "Border Wars 2013" is available in FULL for On Demand viewing right HERE and check right HERE to see if ROH TV airs in your area!

- When ROH debuts in San Antonio on June 1st it will be Richards vs. the ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe (or BJ Whitmer) and signed yesterday, it will be “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin & “Buzzsaw” BJ Whitmer vs. Two Members of S.C.U.M fighting it out under Texas Tornado Rules! Nigel McGuinness has informed us that should Whitmer capture the World Title in Richmond he will have to take another look at this match since a World Title bout has already been guaranteed for that night but for now, it's Whitmer/Elgin vs. SCUM when honor comes to Texas! Tickets are on-sale now!!

- Speaking of San Antonio, Athena will compete in a Women of Honor match on June 1st!

- Ring of Honor Wrestling will return to Toronto on Saturday night August 3rd for another huge live event! Now that all the details have been finalized, we can officially announce that on that day we will make our debut at one of wrestling's most historic venues, the old Maple Leaf Gardens, now known as The Mattamy Athletic Centre! Tickets for this event are on-sale NOW for Ringside Members through Ticketmaster.ca and a pre-sale password will be distributed to those who qualify. Tickets for the general public will be available on Ticketmaster.ca starting Friday May 10th at 10am EST and then at the Mattamy Athletic Centre box office starting Monday May 13th.

- Cheeseburger was very popular in the locker room last Saturday after "Border Wars 2013". The young man celebrated with half of a wine cooler.

- A man who was not popular in the locker room last Saturday was Kevin Steen. Steen was defeated after begging Nigel to be Michael Elgin's tag partner when Jay Lethal injured his knee on a dive which left Elgin alone in a two-on-one situation. As a result of this victory, one member of S.C.U.M will now receive a future World Title Match AND Steve Corino will rejoin the commentary team. Steen is on a mission to prove himself by defeating each member of S.C.U.M leading to "Best in the World 2013" starting with Rhett Titus this weekend.

- Speaking of Rhett, his loyalty to Steve Corino is obvious and also quite dangerous. The mind control that Corino is able to pull off on his S.C.U.M members is fascinating...

- Nigel McGuinness has stated that he feels Adam Cole deserves a ROH World Title rematch due to Steve Corino's distraction but before he can get one there are a few men in front of the line for title shot opportunities. In particular, Michael Elgin earned a shot by defeating Jay Lethal at "Supercard of Honor VII" in NYC. Elgin however went to Nigel saying that he is ready for his shot at anytime but he wants to rid ROH of the SCUM distraction and redeem himself from his recent loss against "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson before he feels worthy to be champion.

- "Best in the World 2013" will be our biggest event of the summer and combining that with the TV Taping the next day makes it the biggest wrestling weekend of the summer! These events will be very special and fans in Baltimore will not be disappointed at our return to the Du Burns Arena on June 22nd and 23rd. Tickets for both events are available here in the ROH Store!

- ROH returns to the Providence, Rhode Island on July 27th at the RI Convention Center for another huge live event and tickets are on-sale NOW right HERE. Last August's event SOLD OUT, so don't delay getting your tickets!

- Be sure to check ROHwrestling.com tomorrow for more announcements but also be sure to swing by and visit us at Twitter & Facebook for all of the latest news and info!

- HONOR IS ALIVE!
Lots of news here

#1,574 ·
I'll highly doubt a championship switch on one of the upcoming shows. That doesn't seem like a logical option for ROH these days. Besides, I can see Matt Hardy walking away as champion. No reason to have Jay Briscoe drop the gold so soon when the heel champ on the horizon has a decent show at capturing it.

All conjecture at this point, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.