Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #1883 (permalink)
Fabregas
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Fabregas 501 - 1000Fabregas 501 - 1000Fabregas 501 - 1000Fabregas 501 - 1000Fabregas 501 - 1000Fabregas 501 - 1000Fabregas 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Well, isn't that an interesting breakdown...not. The fact that The Rock vs. John Cena is underperforming like this is just mind boggling. WWE, as with everything, have fucked this thing up by letting the 2 of them go out there and try to embarrass each other in front of the world instead of having them work together to build a story and give this match the epic storyline it deserves. I'm simply stunned at just how badly this whole thing has turned out. I bet you don't have that retarded smile on your face now, John, because you're helping turn one of the legitimate biggest matches in wrestling history into this stinking pile of crap. I never thought I'd be feeling so indifferent to this match but after the past 2 weeks, first with Rock and his twitter shit and now Cena with his stupid ass smiling, I don't even know what the hell they're even fighting for anymore. .
Exactly.

Instead of having a legitimate storyline to build up excitement and to get the viewers interested in RAW every week, they have allowed this to become a semi-shoot feud where the wrestlers are merely trying to win over the crowd every week.

As for the ratings, I'm really not surprised that people are not caring about this feud. People already know what to expect every week. Theres no feud development, no indication that we'll see any physicality between two, its just gonna be more silly promos every week.

Typical WWE though. They actually have The Rock back for several weeks and instead of using that time to make this a proper wrestling feud with both men playing their natural characters. They turn it into this worked shoot BS that nobody wants to see.
"Imagine the worst situation - we lose Fabregas and Nasri. You cannot convince people you are ambitious after that. You cannot pretend you are a big club. A big club holds onto its big players and gives a message out to all the other big clubs that they just cannot come in and take [players] away from you." - Arsene Wenger