Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)
View Single Post
post #1878 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Kingleviathan
Braden Walker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brye View Post
I would watch Raw still. TNA's booking is dreadful and if Rock/Austin was a main event in 2012, I can't imagine it being good.
What booking would that be, it can't be Roode/Storm or Roode/Sting because they've both been booked great, there's no booking problems with Angle/Hardy, Styles/Kaz/Daniels, Crimson/Morgan and Aries Championship reign has been booked good, not to mention that the Garrett Bischoff storyline has been booked very good.

I don't have a problem with people saying something like TNA has bad booking but if someone says that then they should be able to explain why. For instance I think the Rock/Cena feud was booked great up until the Raw after Wrestlemania where Cena confronts Rock after being screwed out of the World Title and his first response to seeing Rock is to smile, that right there killed the feud and it didn't help that they then had Cena win the World Title a few weeks later meaning that Rock's actions didn't really have an effect on Cena.

Anyway Cena losing viewers for his promo just confirms what I already suspected, the Cena/Kane feud combined with Cena's actions during his feud with Rock have damaged his drawing power. I know the whole idea is that he's targeted at kids but even kids know that people get angry when they're pushed too far, I mean imagine if Hogan had responded to Andre's heel turn by smiling at him and acting like Andre's betrayal was an everyday thing that didn't affect him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Russo
The highest rated segment I ever did in WWF was "This is your life, Rock". I'll never forget the Internet the next day. I was the Antichrist. It was the worst show they ever saw. The segment did a 8.4. Eight and a half million people watched that show. These people should've been kissing my feet because now eight million people were looking at wrestling. To me that's all that mattered. But you have these little cliqs of Internet people that all they care about is themselves, and what I want, and what I don't like. Well you know what, it's not about you, it's not about me, it's about the masses.

Last edited by Kingleviathan; 03-08-2012 at 08:54 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome