Wrestling Forum banner

Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

• Wrestlers Draw

Votes: 251 39.5%
  • WWE Brand draws

Votes: 384 60.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.

**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

987K views 9K replies 852 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
For a list of the weekly rating dating back to January, please click here:

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2012-tv-ratings/

RATINGS BREAKDOWN FOR THIS WEEKS RAW 4/9

Raw on 4/9 did a 3.10 rating and 4.29 million viewers. The show was third for the night on cable. The show did a 2.4 in Males 12-17, 2.7 in Males 18-49, 1.0 in Girls 12-17 and 1.1 in Women 18-49 with a 69.3% male skew. It was down 21% from the 5.46 million viewers of the week after Mania show last year, and last year there was no bombshell along the lines of the Brock Lesnar return on the night after Mania show.

In the segment-by-segment, Brodus Clay & Santino Marella vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger lost 99,000 viewers.

Backstage with Laurinaitis with Miz an Cena, Marella looking for the Three Stooges and R-Truth vs. Cody Rhodes gained 255,000 viewers.

Lord Tensai vs. Yoshi Tatsu lost 415,000 viewers.

The mic work between C.M. Punk and Chris Jericho in the top of the hour segment gained 379,000 viewers to a 3.19.

Punk vs. Henry and the post-match with Jericho pouring beer all over Punk, as well as the quick Del Rio vs. Ryder match lost 169,000 viewers.

The Three Stooges in-ring segment lost 240,000 viewers and was the low point of the show at 2.90.

The Brock Lesnar interview gained 423,000 viewers.

And the Cena vs. Otunga match with Lesnar run-in gained 301,000 viewers, which is a very weak overrun number, finishing at 3.42.

#3,874 ·
So Punk v Bryan only lost 30,000. Yeah, that's not good for a top hour segment, but the reports last week made it sound a lot more disastrous. Also, maybe it isn't a good idea to have an unimportant match in the fifth quarter. I don't think a lot of casuals care about throw away matches with little build, especially if they saw them several times in the past few months.

#3,875 ·
Again, a Punk segment does a good number, but not a Punk match. A worthless cover unveiling did a good number, but people don't seem to care about Punk/Bryan. I don't blame them, I don't either. I want this feud to end desperately. Get Punk doing something relevant again. Punk/Ace segments have always done really good numbers in the past though, so it's no surprise it popped a good gain. But damn, what a shitty breakdown for that show.

#3,876 ·
They need to put Punk and Bryan in promo segments, let them talk on the mic and see what kind of rating that gets. People seem to tune in when Punk has a mic but don't care much for his matches. I can agree with that. He is boring to watch in the ring lots of the time. Save his matches with Bryan for PPVs as they are always PPV quality

#3,878 ·
30000 is pretty damn good given how many bloody commercial breaks there were... seriously, I love Bryan/Punk but I hate commercials enough that it shakes from being able to actually watch the match. Don't interrupt matches damn it!

#3,880 ·
Amazing how Ace is gaining big on his segments even on random timeslots, people are interested in him. It's also obvious that they send Kane to the feud just so he can save the quarters and he did a decent job so far. Punk/Bryan match did horrendous, and the end of the match lost more but that's not surprising.

Cena/Albert/Cole doing 800k gain is good. And like I predicted before, only the great Big Show promo did over 3.0.

They need to do a Vince/Ace/Show/Cena segment to close RAW next week, I think they can do bigger buyrate than CP last year for Show's work alone, if they're closing with a strong angle, they can do it.

#3,887 · (Edited)
You know, it's getting to the point now, when I just look at your posts and laugh. You completely forget to mention that Punk was in the segment with Lauranaitis that gained and you conveniently miss out the fact that a later Lauranaitis segment lost 300,000 odd viewers. Then you say Punk/Bryan did horrendously, when it only lost 30,000. You also give the credit solely to Kane for gaining viewers, even though Punk was in the match too. In all my years of posting on wrestling forums, I've never encountered anyone like you... your total bias and sheer ignorance is unbelievable.

#3,895 ·
To be honest, I only change the channel if it's a match involving NXT wrestlers or womans match. If it's a womans match I usually have enough time to flip to sportscentre and check the score of a game before the match ends....

#3,899 ·
Copying this in here for future reference, will do breakdown later:

The June 4th WWE RAW Supershow scored a 2.92 cable rating with 4.28 million viewers. The show did a 2.5 rating in Male Teens (up 14%), a 2.4 in Males 18-49 (same as previous week), a 0.9 in Female Teens (up 50%) and a 1.2 rating in Females 18-49 (up 20%). This was the week that WWE brought John Cena back and Cena draws females at a level nobody else does on RAW.

The show started out strong with Cena's promo doing a 3.27 quarter rating. Things went down from there and never got back up. Cole trying to get out of the match backstage and the beginning of Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 753,000 viewers, a bad sign. The finish of their match and the attack from Alberto Del Rio plus Sin Cara vs. Hunico gained 302,000 viewers.

Ryback's RAW debut against two local wrestlers lost 298,000 viewers. Kane vs. CM Punk in the 10pm timeslot gained 340,000 viewers. The first part of the match did a 2.93 rating while the finish got up to a 3.02 quarter rating. This is a little less than average for that timeslot but better than what Punk has been drawing as of late.

Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks lost 646,000 viewers and John Cena vs. Tensai gained 514,000 viewers, which is very strong for the 10:45pm quarter. Cena vs. Michael Cole gained 299,000 viewers for a 3.14 rating in the overrun, which is a weak gain for the end of the show.

For the main event, Male Teens went from a 2.2 rating to a 2.7, Males 18-49 went from a 2.0 to a 2.5, Female Teens went from a 0.8 to a 1.3 rating and Females 18-49 went from a 1.0 to a 1.3.

#3,901 ·
I hope you aren't -too- surprised.

Then again, I honestly thought the main-event would lose viewers; however, who knew KofiTruth vs Reks and Hawkins would make that many people tune out?

Thats a bigger ouch, imo.

#3,904 ·
Breakdown:

Q1 - 3.27 rating / 4.81 million
Q2 - 2.76 rating / 4.06 million
Q3 - 2.97 rating / 4.36 million
Q4 - 2.76 rating / 4.06 million
Q5 - 2.93 rating / 4.28 million
Q6 - 3.02 rating / 4.41 million
Q7 - 2.58 rating / 3.76 million
Q8 - 2.93 rating / 4.28 million
Overrun - 3.14 rating / 4.57 million

Not sure how long Sin Cara was in Q3, but nice rise for when he was in action there. The only quarter that flopped was Q7. Although the fact that Cena/Cole did well is embarrassing.

#3,909 ·
Totally different landscape TV wise now to the point where ratings are irrelavant.

#3,916 ·
Exactly.

"Ratings are irrelevant" is such a cop out for the product being shit. If the ratings go further down, that means there's an even smaller audience that you can reach out to with your TV product which makes revenues go lower and lower down as nobody has been given a reason to buy PPVs or beware of whatever else the product is up to including DVD releases and merchandise. And how else will they make money with that?

It's terrible that 3.0 has gone from being the panic zone to the number they try to reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.