Wrestling Forum banner

Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

• Wrestlers Draw

Votes: 251 39.5%
  • WWE Brand draws

Votes: 384 60.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.

**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

987K views 9K replies 852 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
For a list of the weekly rating dating back to January, please click here:

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2012-tv-ratings/

RATINGS BREAKDOWN FOR THIS WEEKS RAW 4/9

Raw on 4/9 did a 3.10 rating and 4.29 million viewers. The show was third for the night on cable. The show did a 2.4 in Males 12-17, 2.7 in Males 18-49, 1.0 in Girls 12-17 and 1.1 in Women 18-49 with a 69.3% male skew. It was down 21% from the 5.46 million viewers of the week after Mania show last year, and last year there was no bombshell along the lines of the Brock Lesnar return on the night after Mania show.

In the segment-by-segment, Brodus Clay & Santino Marella vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger lost 99,000 viewers.

Backstage with Laurinaitis with Miz an Cena, Marella looking for the Three Stooges and R-Truth vs. Cody Rhodes gained 255,000 viewers.

Lord Tensai vs. Yoshi Tatsu lost 415,000 viewers.

The mic work between C.M. Punk and Chris Jericho in the top of the hour segment gained 379,000 viewers to a 3.19.

Punk vs. Henry and the post-match with Jericho pouring beer all over Punk, as well as the quick Del Rio vs. Ryder match lost 169,000 viewers.

The Three Stooges in-ring segment lost 240,000 viewers and was the low point of the show at 2.90.

The Brock Lesnar interview gained 423,000 viewers.

And the Cena vs. Otunga match with Lesnar run-in gained 301,000 viewers, which is a very weak overrun number, finishing at 3.42.

#3,074 ·
I'm not talking about you specifically, just from years of pages on the same subjects gave the internet fans this stereotype(all that without talking about the fact that they think technical wrestling is the only good style when in fact, it was never a main event style). That's why I said because this is not a real sport, the only indicator we have is the business side of the industry, people can like a Khali match more than a Kurt Angle match, it's opinion, but if WCW drew 30k for a regular Monday Nitro with Goldberg vs Nash as the main program and you like both guys(not talking about me here), that's what I'm looking for more than if a wrestler sold his finger for less than two minutes, how many boring rest holds were in the match or some meaningless stuff like that. That's my point on this and every wrestler in history will agree with me unless he simply doesn't understand the business.

#3,076 · (Edited)
Plenty of Us here can seperate the "business side" discussions and the "wrestling side" discussions. I think the problem here is the few posters that can't seperate the 2 tend to be the most "vocal" (or on here put out the most posts) about the subject and don't realize that the rest of us are seperating the 2 discussions and take it as attacking thier favorite wrestler rather jsut a discussion on the business side of wrestling.

It works the other way to though at times when people bring the "business side" of wrestling into other threads that are more wrestling side focused as well. But when you have a forum made up of so many different fans that are fans for so many different reasons and come from so many different places things like this are bound to happen.

Well of course then there are the people who are just trolling as well.

#3,084 ·
House show report.

John Cena beats Miz with the STF

CM Punk over DOLPH W/ Mason Ryan to keep the title. The end comes as the ref takes a bump, Mason comes in and attacks punk and punk Dolph on top of Punk for a two count. This leads to Mason interfering again but Dolph hits Ryan with a superkick and Punk hits Dolph with the GTS for the win. Punk cuts a promo after the match thanking the sell out crowd. A good portion of the crowd left after the Cena Match.
Wack away, Rock316AE, wack away.

#3,087 ·
Is it safe to say that Punk is the worst WWE champion draw since 1995 ?

#3,091 ·
Are some people here really this dumb? They built their entire product around John Cena. So his absence is felt mightily. Naturally the product's ratings will suffer when the guy they do the most work promoting isn't on.

#3,093 ·
Except the ratings have suffered even with him on the show. Last spring, most of the fall and this RTWM are examples.

#3,101 ·
Too many Cena marks on this thread. Of course Cena is the number one draw in the company. He is the most heavily marketed and hyped guy in the company. He is given the most opportunity to shine and is always at the top of the card and given predominance over everything else, including championships. He is built as the most important and interesting presence in the company. Its all in the marketing. Therefore the majority of the WWE fanbase are going to be John Cena fans. Cena wasn't drawing a dollar with green crayon until they pushed him as the superman of the company. Its all in the marketing and booking.

#3,111 ·
You obiously only started watching in 2006. Cena was already over as fuk even before his face turn at Survivor Series 2003. A lot people enjoyed him ripping his opponenets with his freestyles and sometimes managed to even turn the crowd to his side because of it (go look up his first match against Rey).

And he acquired that heel heat/overness by himself without relying on some overhyped indy background.

Plus, you talk as if Punk hasn't been the most marketed superstar since last summer. Punk has already had that title for 80% of the time since July. And he even main evented 4 of the first 6 PPVs since his MITB title win. But what happenned? Did he moved fan interest? Did we return to Attitude Era like viewing figures like most of those deluded Punk marks predicted? Oh wait........

12/5 Raw rating................... 2.9 :lol

12/12 Raw rating................. 2.8 :lol

12/19 Raw rating................. 2.9 :lol

12/26 Raw rating................. 2.9 :lol

4 straight weeks of below 3.0 figures! For the the first in 14 years! That's New Generation numbers right there. Just diabolical.

The "new" Stone COld Steve Austin...........................................................:lmao

A dawning of a "new" era (2.9, 2.8, 2.9, 2.9).............................................:lmao

The "new" face of the WWE (always on the midcard of every show).........:lmao

#3,108 ·
His series with Eddie was good as was the four way at Armageddon, triple threat at the Rumble and the Show steel cage match but the Taker matches weren't much, JBL/Booker was bad and the Cena WM match was bad. Also love the JBL/Cena I quit match.

JBL is best in a hardcore environment.

#3,120 ·
Jeff hardy is not a draw to start an argument.

#3,115 · (Edited)
I'll throw in my two cents here, since I've always been interested in this side of wrestling.

I'm not going to attack any wrestlers, but more or less the show in its current form.

IMO, the ratings have continued to go down because WWE has drawn the wrong crowd. Agree or disagree with me about this, but, the kids simply won't watch other wrestlers unless they are personally endorsed by Cena or something. If Cena isn't on, the kids most likely aren't paying attention or even watching. So when you get a champion like Bryan or Punk, I'll even reach out to ADR, the now-majority of your fan-base isn't watching.

Like I said before, its more of a problem with how they've drawn fans instead of the wrestlers themselves.

For the past seven years, its really been all-about Cena in terms of your main draw. Its obvious most adult males can't stand the man, so you're left with the children/families demographic. This demographic sure as hell won't cheer for obvious heels, or wrestlers that are "gray" in terms of actions.

Which explains how over some guys like Kofi, Truth, and Santino are. These three are great at getting the crowd on their side, or are basically joke characters that are literally there for the kids.

#3,124 ·
^It was a weird situation with Punk attacking HHH when he was supposed to be face... but the fans weren't disgusted at all and I think there was just confusion. He still split the crowd with HHH more often than not if he wasn't booed (and that didn't happen very often) and the ironic thing is he only got more over on a consistent basis with the audience after he lost his edgy character. He was very over fighting Del Rio, fighting Ziggler (and Big Johnny), and has gotten consistently good pops every week since that feud with HHH ended. So no doubt the feud with HHH put a hault on Punk's popularity rise for awhile, but he still held up well against the veteran HHH in terms of crowd pops.

If anything, I'd say actually the IWC was more disgusted with what Punk was doing and he rubbed more people wrong on here than amongst the casuals. I noticed during his feud with HHH, that's when a lot of people on here really started turning on Punk/voicing their hate for him.

#3,125 · (Edited)
He occasionally split the crowd because HHH, even though a babyface, was basically playing a heel character as in a character representing/defending the "PG era" so to speak against the rebel punk who was gunning for change. The crowd was pro-punk for like one night when raw was in Canada I think?

Ofcourse he seemed more over against Del Rio, Ziggler etc.. because they were clear-cut heels. Even john cena with all the hatred gets loud pops against Del Rio, ziggler and Miz.

Anyways, My point is Punk needs more than just confident Mic work to become a draw.

#3,131 ·
Punk/AJ promo bringing in dem viewers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.