Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #263 (permalink)
Starbuck
Best For Business

Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOON View Post
I mean, most matches on earlier Wrestlemanias seemed like exhibitions between two mid-carders outside of the main events. Again, this is probably because I wasn't alive at the time but those matches on the earlier Wrestlemanias seemed to have no build up at all. They were just thrown together to give the fans something to watch until you got to Hogan, Savage, Warrior, Andre, or whoever was involved in the main event matches that year. At least the mid-card matches now a days have a reason to happen, regardless of what that reason is. I agree that the build up is awful for some matches but at least they have a reason to be having a match. They aren't just throwing matches like Kofi Kingston vs Drew McIntyre or Ted Dibiase vs Primo onto the card just to give us something to watch until we get to the matches involving Cena, Rock, Orton, Punk, Jericho, etc.
I wasn't alive either and outside of the big matches everybody talks about, I haven't seen a lot of stuff from a lot of Manias pre 14/15. I don't know. I don't think enough matches have a reason to happen anymore. I mean, it actually looks like we're set to get Orton/Kane. Why? Because Kane randomly attacked him on SD this week. Seems to be all they're capable of these days unfortunately. Everything, I'd go so far as to say even the WHC match, on this years card is complete filler outside Rock/Cena, HHH/Taker and to a lesser extent Jericho/Punk. They don't even fucking try anymore. I guess I just don't see the difference between random mid carder A vs. random mid carder B in 2012 and 15 years ago.