Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread
View Single Post
post #256 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Bubz
The trick is to stay alive...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabs View Post
Daisuke Sekimoto vs Yuji Okabayashi - BJW 26.02.2012
I was nervous that this wouldn't be great but damn me for ever doubting these two in BJW because they NEVER fail to deliver these days. I was expecting more of a early 90's Steiners bomb fest from them but it was far from being that but they still made it work in their own unique way. They take a while to really get going but the feeling out process is really good and it works that start off slower with the partner vs partner deal and not wanting to make a mistake against the other because they no they can get punished for it. Yuji is amazing yet again and I promise you come 2012 he'll be rule of the entire world. He really brings to Daisuke and the crowd go nuts for him which was wonderful. Eventually towards the end it breaks down into more of a heavyweight style bomb fest but in a good way because once they bust out the heavy artillery you know the finish is coming soon because nobody can take their bombs for long. I do wish wrestlers wouldn't headbutt each other really hard but if it's gonna happen then this was the match to do it in because it was a great strong man match. They went about in a slightly different way to Sugiura/Sasaki last year but with an equally great outcome at the end of it. I love matches where the lower guys gets put over huge but they still keep the hierarchy in tact with the higher guy on the card being pushed to the limit but still claiming the victory. Loads of great near falls on Daisuke. At the risk of sound like a bit of a hypocrite I kinda wished they'd done a kickout or two more with Yuji to get over his fire but far better to be wanting more than doing too many. Got the feeling from the result they might do this match again in the Final with Yuji going over. That or they'll do Sasaki vs Shinobu in the final at last.

Just watched this and this pretty much sums it up. I thought it was a bit too slow at first, but once they got going it was awesome. Those headbutts were nasty though, made me cringe.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome