Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#201 ·
Couple things....

The Savage 3 disc DVD set might be the best WWE has put out. Maybe I'm being a mark a little bit but the match selection is excellent. Only 2-3 I'd replace. Plus you get to look at Maria who I would do unspeakable things to if she let me.

As for Dwayne....I have gone through phases with Rock. Didn't like him at first and then he grew on me. Then didn't like him and then he grew on me again. I feel like he really grew into his role. I think guys like Austin, Foley, Angle and Trips brought out the best in him. It was rare from 1999-2003 that a crowd wasn't going ape shit for a Rock match. During that time frame he was one of the best heels ever and one of the best faces ever. Like him or not you can't deny his charisma and being athletic as hell in his prime.

#202 ·
Guys, I was wondering if you could hook me up with a few of these matches in good quality. If you can, then let me know:

Triple H vs Chris Jericho FL 00
Triple H vs The Rock JD 00
Triple H vs Mick Foley vs Big Show vs The Rock WM 00
Triple H vs Chris Benoit NM 00
Triple H vs Kurt Angle UNF 00

Trying to do a definitive HHH list.

Also, strongly considering doing a John Cena PPV match project, there's only 10-15 PPV matches of his that I don't own. I need to prove that he is a better in ring worker than Dwayne.
All the matches you asked for are on PPVs from 2000 so those are easy to find. Here's a link to part 1 of the HHH/Y2J match you requested from Fully Loaded.

Go on this channel and just search for them. You'll find all in pretty good quality.

#203 ·
All the matches you asked for are on PPVs from 2000 so those are easy to find. Here's a link to part 1 of the HHH/Y2J match you requested from Fully Loaded.

Go on this channel and just search for them. You'll find all in pretty good quality.
This youtube channel is great. I watch stuff on there a lot.

#204 ·
I agree that Rock's matches largely depend on the crowd. That said, I try not to knock them now, as his non-match in-ring work suffered during his time away.

Also, I really am glad we didn't see an Edge-Christian feud. That "former partners feuding" bit has been done to death in WWE... Not to mention Edge might have retired faster if he had to carry Christian in a feud.

#206 ·
I gotta say, Hart/Diesel from Survivor Series 1995 is one of my favorite WWF/E matches of all time. It was a brilliant storytelling 101.
I prefer the Rumble match. It's one of my favorite matches for any title because it really was all about the title and the match just showed that.

There are a lot of people who are better in ring workers than The Rock. However, there aren't too many people that can infuse their charisma into a match, build excitement and drama, and play a strong babyface that can take a beating and sell it like The Rock and make a molten hot, strong comeback. Rock is an amazing athlete. He’s smart about portraying his character and playing the crowd. That's why I'm a fan of his work. For me Rock probably hasn't had a boring match since his Rocky Maivia days.
This is as good an analogy of the Rock, the wrestler--as I have read in quite some time. The Rock's stuff in the 90s might qualify as boring, but most of his matches from 2000 onwards have been very entertaining. As Yeah said, from 2001 onwards, Rock just started coming on his own and was performing better than majority of his peers.

#207 ·
I can't think.
As I wrote in something years ago (yet to be published), "Why waste words?" The edit above means about the same thing.

#209 ·
You really can't post without sounding like an idiot can you?
Says the man with the admitted "cheap sig plug" for his wrestling blog?!

Seriously, though, I posted intelligent things a lot, & I seem to get neg rep from people who don't understand, etc. I try posting low intelligence (knowing my audience), & get people giving me the same rep for belittling them, etc.

Figured it'd be best if I tried to upset people, or else appear a failure.

#210 ·
I...don't care enough to have an argument, but shit, if you don't agree with what I said about Edge, just...talk about that. I won't act defensive and be "opinions are opinions," and at the same time if someone thinks Edge is the best ever, I'm not going to talk down to them. I don't think you're unintelligent and I'm not remotely upset about anything, but I'm obv. not going to waste time backing anything up if someone just edits my post and spouts something about...whatever it was.

#211 ·
I...don't care enough to have an argument, but shit, if you don't agree with what I said about Edge, just...talk about that. I won't act defensive and be "opinions are opinions," and at the same time if someone thinks Edge is the best ever, I'm not going to talk down to them. I don't think you're unintelligent and I'm not remotely upset about anything, but I'm obv. not going to waste time backing anything up if someone just edits my post and spouts something about...whatever it was.
Yeah; I've posted my opinion on Edge & several others many times before. It doesn't seem to matter. I continue posting my opinions here on matches, shows, & specific wrestlers, hoping someone will someday read what I write & respond to it. Regardless, I get "rep" that seems to have nothing to do with what I said or how I said it. I also get comments from people about the way I said things, both the kind that ask me to say it differently & the kind that make it quite clear they didn't understand what I actually said. (For instance, attacking/yelling, only to express an opinion I share.)

So forgive me if you felt like the first one, but I figured editing someone else's post & not doing much typing of my own was my best way to waste the least amount of time.

Reactions: MachoMadness1988
#212 ·
Says the man with the admitted "cheap sig plug" for his wrestling blog?!

Seriously, though, I posted intelligent things a lot, & I seem to get neg rep from people who don't understand, etc. I try posting low intelligence (knowing my audience), & get people giving me the same rep for belittling them, etc.

Figured it'd be best if I tried to upset people, or else appear a failure.
Maybe thats why?

I have no issue with you man. Same with Yeah. I forget what I said the other day but Yeah didn't like it. I didn't try and one up him or dog on him. That is not my style. At the same time you can come off like a jerk sometimes. I have never felt it was personal toward me. I enjoy what you bring to the board. We are all here to have fun and talk rasslin right? Lets all just do that and not be asshats to each other. That is just how I roll though. I don't really have it in me to have a feud with someone on a message board.

As you were guys. :)

#213 ·
The day Edge carries Christian in anything is the day Kurt Angle outworks Jerry Lawler.

Ain't gonna happen.

As for TJChurch, talking about how your peers are 'unintelligent' really isn't gonna help with people having a low opinion of you. Your problem is you get aggressive and defensive when someone challenges your opinion and you struggle to have a back and forth discussion that doesn't contain snide insults. Some of the best posters on this forum visit this thread (Cal, Sterling, -Mystery-, Yeah1993, Andy3000, McQueen, Clique etc etc) and regularly contribute good discussion about a variety of matches and workers, at the end of the day we all have differing opinions from time to time about who's the best or who's better than someone else, but you never see us in anything but an honest discussion when comparing wrestlers and their talent. And that's why this thread is superior to any worker related thread you get in the WWE section, where petty insults and arguments are made with people making little effort to expand on their point.

#214 ·
Got to agree about Edge. I don't think at any point in his career he was any better than good. That's not to say he didn't have many very good to great matches, which he was perfectly capable of doing with the right opponent. Basically what he did is made the most of what he had and it worked for him. Props.

Oh and @Segunda Caida I know this doesn't exactly belong in this thread but I know you are a Finlay mark so I thought I might aswell bring it up. Are you aware that he had a match with Tajiri in SMASH this year?

#215 ·
Aye I've been meaning to watch that match, heard it get pimped highly by a lot of people I share similar tastes with (bar Seabs for not liking it that much, the rotten bastard!) but between uni work, uni social life and me being a bit lazy I've put it on the back burner.

I've got nothing much on today so I might try and watch the match and a couple of other lesser known matches people have been quietly raving about from this year, cheers for the potential heads up though.

#217 ·
there are wrong opinions. like tna fans about kurt angle

which is basically why i gave up on wrestling. people having wrong and dumb opinion
You gave up on 'rasslin because of other people's opinions? :kobe

#218 ·
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Even when they are wrong and/or ridiculous. Its pro wrestling so it's all mostly opinion and preference. If you agree with me or like what I like thats awesome. If you disagree or don't like what I like...I wont lose sleep over it.

#219 ·
Opinions are opinions, offer an explanation/argument as to why you like someone others dislike etc anf you're good with me. I mean Clique is by far higher on Kurt Angle than a lot of regulars in this thread, but he puts across his viewpoint so well that even if I disagree with it I never lose respect for his opinion on other wrestlers.

Its the people who post 'Lol trolls gonna troll' when you slate a popular worker for not being very good that annoy me, they resort to that hideous 'why should I even argue with such stupidity' copout answer and just pollute the thread with stupidity. Thank christ that very rarely occurs in this thread.

#220 ·
The True Story of WrestleMania

Disc One
WrestleMania Hulk Hogan & Mr. T vs. Roddy Piper & 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff - **1/2
WrestleMania III Randy 'Macho Man' Savage vs. Ricky 'the Dragon' Steamboat - *****
WrestleMania III Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant - **
WrestleMania VII Randy 'Macho Man' Savage vs. The Ultimate Warrior - *****
WrestleMania X Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels - ****1/2

Disc Two
WrestleMania XIV Shawn Michaels vs. Steve Austin - ***3/4
WrestleMania 2000 The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Edge & Christian - ****
WrestleMania X-Seven Shane McMahon vs. Vince McMahon - ***1/2
WrestleMania X-8 The Rock vs. Hollywood Hogan - ****
WrestleMania XIX Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar - ****1/2
WrestleMania 22 John Cena vs. Triple H - ****

Blu-Ray Exclusive Content
WrestleMania XXIV CM Punk vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Jericho vs. Carlito vs. MVP vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. John Morrison - ***3/4
WrestleMania XXV The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels - ****3/4
WrestleMania XXVI Batista vs. John Cena - ***3/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.