Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL: DRAFT! and GMing 101 all day.

176K views 4K replies 150 participants last post by  JM 
#1 ·
Hawks vs Avs in Western Conference finals, plz.

I'ma try to watch more hockey this year than I did last season (and pretty much every season since Roy retired/ESPN stopped carrying hockey).

Do work, hockey fans.

#1,793 ·
Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

I kinda think it's because they haven't tried, idk. They've usually done a lot of their work at trade deadlines. Off the top of the my head though, Gonchar is the biggest. By far probably.

#1,795 ·

He was expendable. Not fussed at all. As I said yesterday, :lmao at all the idiots on facebook trying to sound like they know more about what they're doing. JVR is definitely worth Schenn and when you have Gardner, Aulie all NHL ready you really don't need Schenn.

#1,797 ·

It's been subtle as far as I know. Probably the media is making more of it then actually exists. He will be the easiest of the big 3 to trade though.

#1,800 ·

That was his question, who was the biggest FA signing they've had in recent memory...which is Gonchar. By far. Next biggest is probably Matt Cookie or Ruutu.

Your wrong about Hossa as well, they traded for him at the deadline and then he signed with Detroit in the off-season. What you going on about Bro cha cha.

#1,802 ·

That was his question, who was the biggest FA signing they've had in recent memory...which is Gonchar. By far. Next biggest is probably Matt Cookie or Ruutu.

Your wrong about Hossa as well, they traded for him at the deadline and then he signed with Detroit in the off-season. What you going on about Bro cha cha.
Yeah i read it wrong, i thought you were talking about deadline trades.

#1,801 ·

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ducks/story/2012-06-24/bobby-ryan-rumors/55795006/1

There is an article about it, but I also heard them say this on NHL Network during the draft coverage and such. I think he's getting sick of hearing it, and just wants it to be over. Now he is young so those things are going to get to him more then most players, and I know a few guys who knew/played against him back before his NHL days (the town he's from is like 2 towns away from me, so like 10-15 mins). They said he was immature back then as well, so maybe he just hasn't fully grown up yet and is too immature right now for all the rumors but don't see them going away anytime soon.

#1,803 ·

Sundin, Sakic, Bure and Oates make up the HOF class.

First two were locks as far as I'm concerned. Second 2 are kind of surprising, I assumed 1 of them would get in as the 4th with Shanahan getting in as well. Always next year I suppose.

#1,804 · (Edited)

Sundin, Sakic, Bure and Oates make up the HOF class.

First two were locks as far as I'm concerned. Second 2 are kind of surprising, I assumed 1 of them would get in as the 4th with Shanahan getting in as well. Always next year I suppose.
Bure is one of the best pure goal scorers of all time, he put asses in seats. He has waited 7 years to make the HHOF and is long overdue.

Oates was long overdue as well.

Sakic is a first ballot HOFer no questions asked.

However Sundin making the HOF on his first year of eligibility is an absolute joke.

#1,807 ·

As much as it pains me to say, I think Roberto is traded this off season. It sucks because I would much rather go with the guy who has proven himself in the league for over a decade over a guy with roughly 70 NHL starts to his credit. The return that we could get by trading Schneider would be significantly better than the return we can get by trading Luongo, but that's only because of the length of Lou's contract.

Apparently Toronto has dropped out from the Luongo sweepstakes which is quite mind-boggling. Seems like Brian Burke is content with Reimer as his #1 goalie or maybe he is pursuing Jonathan Bernier. At this point Luongo to Florida seems likely because his family currently lives there, they are an up and coming young contender and he has previous ties there. Also with Jacob Markstrom's knee injuries he looks like he may be a few years away from the NHL. Dale Tallon has shown interest, but Gillis is asking for too much according to him. He wants one of Florida's top prospects and Tallon doesn't want to give one up. Right now they are looking for something in between and I don't think we see a Luongo deal for at least another few days.

The option of sign and trade with Schneider is still wide open however.

#1,809 ·

So the Flyers are in serious talks with the Blue Jackets for Rick Nash. According to Panaccio (who is close with the flyers), Columbus general manager Scott Howson is seeking forwards Brayden Schenn and Sean Couturier -- or one of them with several other players.

NO! Just please no, this would be a terrible trade. Rick Nash is good sure, but Bryaden Schenn & Sean Couturier are very talented players and very young who can only grow. It's obviously our problem wasn't scoring last year, and the reason we got beat by the Devils is because their forecheck dominated us because our defense are slow, and don't move the puck quick enough. We need better defensemen, not Rick Nash by getting rid of two of our better young players, just a dumb trade if it actually happens, and I'd be very disappointed. Rick Nash is a very good player but I really do see how he would make the Flyers any closer to getting back to the Stanley Cup when our problems are elsewhere, of course a line that saw Giroux & Nash on it would be dangerous but no need to take two major parts of our young core, so hoping the trade won't include them, or it just doesn't happen.

#1,810 ·

The Minnesota Wild have landed prized free agents Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, sources told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun. Both deals are worth $98 million over 13 years.

For Parise, the move will be a homecoming after the Minneapolis native spent his first seven seasons with the New Jersey Devils. Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Detroit were among the teams pursuing Parise.

Suter joins the Wild after playing his first seven seasons with the Nashville Predators. The defenseman had received a contract offer of $90 million over 13 years from the Red Wings, according to the Detroit Free Press.
Parise, who will turn 28 years old this summer, has registered 194 goals and 216 assists in 502 career games. He had 31 goals and 38 assists this past season, helping the Devils reach the Stanley Cup Final.

Suter, 27, has collected 38 goals and 200 assists in 542 career games. He had seven goals and 39 assists in 2011-12 en route to garnering All-Star honors.

Suter and Parise both were members of the 2003 draft class. Suter was taken seventh overall by the Predators while Parise went 17th to the Devils.
interesting.

#1,814 ·

I'm hoping the Wings pick up Semin and Carle. To me, paying both Suter and Parise the amount of money they wanted and for the length of the contracts, was too much, so I'm not concerned that we lost out on the sweepstakes.

I'm aware of Semin's dismal year, but maybe a change of scenery and out of the shadow of Ovechkin would help.

#1,815 ·

Carle is apparently close to signing with Tampa, so looks like you're gonna miss out on him.

#1,818 ·

So Minnesota just went to a mediocre team, to one of the best in the NHL, they have a lot of young talent, a solid goalie when he's not injured but a equally talented backup, one of the best top lines in the NHL now with Parise-Koivu-Heately if that's how they go or could have top lines of Parise/Koivu & Heatley/Setoguchi and whoever Suter pairs up with will be a solid d-line as well, so they are going to be dangerous if they can avoid injures. I mean it was just last season that the Wild were the best team in the NHL before getting hit hard with the injury bug so interesting to see how they play this season.

Also, what does this do for Nashville and New Jersey, I have to believe now, Shea Weber is either going to be traded or be leaving next season as a UFA himself, and what does Jersey do to keep on plugging without Parise, who will be the next captain for their team and can they do as well without him, they are going to need their younger guys really to step up.

It also leaves Semin as probably the biggest name left, and some are saying he might be going to the KHL so a lot of teams might be looking to trade for Rick Nash, so it should be interesting to see where he goes as now that Parise and Suter are off the market, these two Semin & Nash are the next two people I'm sure are watching to see where they go.

#1,819 ·

Nashville should be ok without Suter. They have a lot of D prospects like Ellis, Blum, Josi and others who should help heal the wound of Suter leaving.

New Jersey I feel will be ok as well. In the 2010/11 season they went on a tear in the second half of the season where they went 23-3-2 and Parise was not there for that run.

#1,822 ·

At 12:45 am, TSN's Darren Dreger reported that Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber has agreed to a 14-year offer sheet with the Philadelphia Flyers for over $100 million. The Predators have 7 days to match, and their GM said they will match ANY offer he accepts if he signs an offer sheet, we'll see. I honestly don't know how the contract will be done as didn't know we had the money but Holmgren is crazy in finding ways to get what he wants and getting Weber would be HUGE for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.