Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #89 (permalink)
MachoMadness1988
Searching for a new identity

MachoMadness1988 MachoMadness1988 MachoMadness1988 MachoMadness1988 MachoMadness1988 MachoMadness1988 MachoMadness1988 MachoMadness1988 MachoMadness1988 MachoMadness1988 MachoMadness1988
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCal View Post
I wouldn't call Hogan/Warrior a terrible match. At all. Was pretty good tbh, especially considering you've got someone who is total shit and Ultimate Warrior... . Hogan did an amazing job getting Warrior through that match without it turning into a fucking disaster.

Hogan/Andre is probably the absolute worst WM main event of all time. It can have as much significance as it wants but its still a god awful match that nobody ever needs to see. There are plenty of clips of the slam going around .
Agree to disagree I guess about Hogan/Warrior. I just never liked either one of them as far as what they did in the ring. It was like oh lets play mercy for a few minutes, let me fake an injury outside of the ring for a few minutes, let me put the sleeper on you, lets both do our finishers, etc. At the time when it happened (I was 9) I loved it but watching it again now I can't believe Warrior was as over as he was while guys like DiBiase, Rude, Perfect and Davey Boy Smith couldnt even get a sniff. Granted they were not as over as Warrior was in 1989-1991 but it's just odd what people like. I don't know. The crowd was so into it and it was huge for wrestling seeing the two top babyfaces go at it and the end was unexpected....at least for me as a 9 year old.

I think the Warrior/Savage match at WM7 was far and away better. As was the Savage/Warrior match at Summerslam. they also had some good cage matches at house shows in 1991. I think Savage and Warrior just had way better chemistry together thn Hogan and Warrior.

I think LT/Bam Bam and Hogan/Sid were complete disasters. Neither had any business closing Wrestlefuckingmania. Savage/Flair not closing WM8 made no sense whatsoever and as much as I can't stand Nash I think HBK/Nash should have closed Mania. I wish Hart had won the title at Royal Rumble in 1995 and we would of got Hart/HBK in 1995 for the title. I don;t know why that didn't happen? Im sure someone wouldnt put someone over....like always.

Temple of the Dog

"I am the devil himself, and all of you, stupid, mindless people fell for it". ~

My top 5 favorite wrestlers of all time
1. Macho Man Randy Savage (RIP...thanks for the memories)
2. Mick Foley (Cactus Jack)
3. Bret Hart (The Hart Foundation best tag team ever)
4. Sting
5. Ted DiBiase (best heel of all time)