Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)
View Single Post
post #1444 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 08:00 PM
CNB
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Let's Get Something Clear About The WWE + Ratings

Simple question. Do you believe wrestlers draw ratings, or do you believe the WWE brand and the quality of the show draws ratings?

Last night was clearly evident that the latter is correct. The WWE Brand is what reels in the ratings, the WWE brand is cold right now. Obviously having quality characters on the telecast helps a great deal, but I find it absurd how posters on WF continually drag wrestlers in the mud over their supposed 'failed' attempt at drawing a rating.

Its happened with Punk
Its happened with Cena
Its happened with Jericho
Its happened with Triple H
Its happened with literally everyone except...

Dwayne.

Until last night.

Trolls who want to stir the pot will now claim that The Rock cannot draw. That's not entirely true. Do me a great favour and look at the quality of performers from 10 years ago, and look at the quality now.

WWE 2002

Main Event Wrestlers
The Rock
Hulk Hogan
Brock Lesnar
Kurt Angle
The Undertaker
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Triple H
Shawn Michaels

Upper Mid Card
Eddie Guerrero
Chris Jericho
Chris Benoit
Edge
Booker T
Kane

Mid Card
RVD
Rey Mysterio
Christian
The Hardys
The Dudleys

Compare that to today, and then you will truly understand why the ratings are average. You will also understand that technology has made it easier to access wrestling on the internet, through your iPhone or recording the programme on TiVo. Everything is different.

So tell me, do wrestlers draw, or does the wrestling brand draw? Let me know.

follow me on Twitter @conmjj

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome