Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Best HHH match to me is either the Backlash 2000 match v Rock or the Royal Rumble 2000 Street Fight v Foley. The Backlash match is a great character driven match with great overbooking to create a wonderfully chaotic environment and memorable atmosphere, finish is just the absolute bomb as well. Royal Rumble 2000 is without doubt his career defining match and is likely better as an actual match.

His best performance is either at Fully Loaded 2000 v Jericho or v Eugene at Summerslam 2004. Just a great methodical and heel performance against Jericho in one of the better LMS matches the company has put on, really felt like both men would rather kill the other than be content to leave him for 10 seconds which is a problem I have with a lot of LMS matches: for a match which features 2 guys who cannot stand each other there's an awful lot of stalling and spots where they're content to win the match but not inflict as much punishment as they could. Here a lot of the spots where both men go down and struggle to beat the count feel more organic and as a result of a war, rather than one man being lenient. V Eugene is just perhaps the best 'dickhead' HHH performance, everything from the berating of Lillian to his all out ass kicking of Eugene made him come across as the biggest prick on the planet.

My actual favourite HHH match though would probably be the Steel Cage match v Flair at Taboo Tuesday 2005, just an all out war between two men and a terrificly done steel cage match.