Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Rugby League & Rugby Union Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #116 (permalink)
Bullseye
Humbled

Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500Bullseye 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Official Rugby League & Rugby Union Thread

Quote:
GARETH ELLIS TO RETURN HOME TO ENGLAND IN 2013

Wests Tigers have today agreed to release international second-rower Gareth Ellis a year earlier from his contract to enable him to return home to England in 2013.

The England second-rower – rated by many as the best in the world – was contracted to Wests Tigers until the end of 2013 but asked the Club for a release after this season.

“Whilst we are disappointed, we have granted Gareth his wish to return to England at the end of this year,’’ said Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys.

“Gareth has been an integral member of the Wests Tigers team in recent years. He has taken his game to another level under Club and Australian Test Coach Tim Sheens and is held in the highest esteem by everyone at Wests Tigers.

“Gareth will leave Wests Tigers with our blessing – and hopefully an NRL premiership.”

Ellis, who turns 31 this year, made his NRL debut for Wests Tigers in round 1 of the 2009 season against Canberra at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

He has played 64 games for Wests Tigers and has won the Club’s Player of the Year award for the past three years. He is the only Wests Tigers player to achieve such a feat.

Ellis had his contract extended during the middle of last season until the end of 2013. Part of the new contract saw an option for Ellis to return to England after the 2012 season.

“I feel the time is right for me to return to England,’’ Ellis said.

“It was a difficult decision to make as I have really enjoyed my time at Wests Tigers. Everyone at the Club has been terrific to me and my family. I couldn’t ask for more.

“I have a young son now. My wife Rachael and I feel it is time to head home to our families at the end of this season.

“I can assure Wests Tigers supporters I will be giving it my all to ensure the team finishes high up as possible so we can give ourselves another strong chance of winning the Telstra Premiership.”

I guess 2012 is even moreso put up or shutup now from us. Gareth has been an amazing player for us the last 3 years and deserves to take a ring back to England.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote