Wrestling Forum banner

International Matches Discussion Thread

236K views 6K replies 264 participants last post by  steamed hams 
#1 ·
boo'urns.

#3,207 ·
Understand this. I HAVEN'T stopped supporting Chelsea, okay. I haven't said fuck off to Chelsea, and jumped on BVB. i can understand why you think that Joel, but it's not the truth. I started to support Chelsea in the 02-03 season and i still do. I still watch Chelsea in the Premier League despite me not following that league much anymore. Chelsea are still my number 1 team, okay. 1. Chelsea 2. Dortmund 3. Halifax Town (my local)and thats how it is. If you don't like it, then fair enough. It doesn't bother me either way. I believe your thinking this because i don't post in the PL topic, whilst i post a lot in the other leagues topic. Thats because i follow the Bundesliga more than the PL.

I started to like German football, and that is the league i follow most. I started to like Dortmund, and i follow, support, (whatever) them in the Bundesliga. If they met Chelsea then i would root for Chelsea unless Dortmund needed to win and Chelsea didn't (like in that scenerio that i posted earlier).

If you don't believe me, then okay. But i know myself, and i know which teams i like. And i believe you may have been looking for the phrase 'put up with it' rather than accept it Joel, but maybe i'm wrong. I don't want to fall out with you over this because your a great poster yourself, so i'm happy to agree to disagree on this one, okay?

Now, Vader13. You seem to have a problem with me, and quite frankly i couldn't give a shit. I didn't even know you as a poster until your attempt at insulting me earlier in this thread. You are making a load of assumptions about me that are quite frankly not true, and seem a little butthurt over my comment about England. I don't care if you disagree with my opinions, because that's your choice, but don't start acting like your opinion is correct because it isn't any more correct than mine. If you want to continue having a go at me and calling my opinions shit, then go ahead. But i guess i'm going to be the one to take the moral high ground here.

#3,228 ·
Good spot.

#3,232 ·
I do England home and aboard and will be there tomorrow and I hate to burst your bubble but not everyone is a knuckle dragging racist plus black people follow England and I was chatting to one in Poland after the game got called off so we aren't all nazis
I never said everyone that follows England is a racist. I have a friend that goes to every home England match and he is not a racist. But even he is willing to admit that there is a nasty element among the England support. The type of mob that will sing '10 German Bombers'. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it were the same people that sing those type of songs that were the ones booing Ferdinand as well. The Beckham booing was silly, but I guess at the time he was the scapegoat for losing in the World Cup. And Bentley's behavior was legitimately outrageous and he deserved the stick he got. Did he not basically say he'd rather go on holiday than play in the U21 tournament? Ferdinand's situation is completely different to the Bentley situation. If Ferdinand is getting booed for turning down England after being discriminated against for having a voice, then why doesn't Foster get booed for turning down England at a much younger age because he didn't want to sit on the bench?

#3,235 ·
I never said everyone that follows England is a racist. I have a friend that goes to every home England match and he is not a racist. But even he is willing to admit that there is a nasty element among the England support. The type of mob that will sing '10 German Bombers'. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it were the same people that sing those type of songs that were the ones booing Ferdinand as well. The Beckham booing was silly, but I guess at the time he was the scapegoat for losing in the World Cup. And Bentley's behavior was legitimately outrageous and he deserved the stick he got. Did he not basically say he'd rather go on holiday than play in the U21 tournament? Ferdinand's situation is completely different to the Bentley situation. If Ferdinand is getting booed for turning down England after being discriminated against for having a voice, then why doesn't Foster get booed for turning down England at a much younger age because he didn't want to sit on the bench?
Probably because no one really cares about him and doesn't play for a big club and the media hype up Joe Hart to be the best goalkeeper the world's ever seen, until recently that is!

The Rio criticism is horrendous and because he's a big name and plays for a big club he's obviously going to get more heat than Foster. I'm positive some England fans aren't even aware Foster's back on the bench too! Regardless of his treatment by the FA over the ironic 'racism' case with Anton & Terry, plus Cole, he dropped out for legitimate reasons Fergie pointed out right away on the Friday morning. At this stage of his career where he wants to play on along with the injuries he's suffered he has to be careful and be on a program like he is. Anyone booing Rio and giving him shit should be ashamed of themselves tbh.

I honestly don't believe there's a racist element too. I also don't believe our supporters are being deliberately racist. There are scumbags in every support, even the Rovers fans that were chanting about Muamba at Bolton recently. When talking about country's supporters being racist, look at Russians with Zenit, Italians constantly fined for racism, Serbia, Spanish notorious for monkey chants at Cole & SWP in just one incident. Our fans when it comes to racism are angels compared to other European nations. You love pointing the figure at the English a hell of a lot but there are other nations who are blatantly racist.

#3,233 ·
FAI ‏@FAIreland 29m
Team v Austria: Forde, Coleman, OShea, Clark, Wilson (Kelly if Wilson injured), Walters, Whelan, McCarthy, McClean, Sammon, Long
Ah, I see the prolific Connor Sammon is now ahead of Wes Hoolahan is the pecking order. Gotta stick with dat 4-4-2, God forbid we play 4-5-1 with a threatening, technically gifted player behind the striker, we might end up scoring goals or something.

Also, fuck the added support he might add to the midfield, a two man midfield which will probably be overrun is what it's all about these days.

Will still end up 0-0 or maybe even a 1-0 win though, so I probably shouldn't complain.

#3,239 · (Edited)
Rio plays for United enough said, would any other player not named rooney or beckham if we want to go back further be getting this ammount of stick for not wanting to play in some shite internationals and one was against san fucking marino we could have played under 16's and won that game.

Also terry better than rio :lmao :lmao not at anytime has this been the case.

And pointing out you chatted to some black lad :lol like you needed to make that statement ffs.

#3,246 ·
You've brought it up in three separate posts, it obviously bothers you that someone thinks you're boring. It's hardly the worst thing to be bothered by, considering it'd probably bother most.

I presume he's referring to the fact that you constantly ram how good the German league is down our throats whenever you get the chance. There's nothing wrong with liking German football but there's no need to say that it's amazing at every given opportunity. I love German football, Dortmund are my favourite German team but I only need to compliment them every now and then - I don't need to say the Bundesliga is better or that Dortmund are incredible on a daily basis (that's an exaggeration btw).

You know full well your media comment wasn't sarcastic at all too, you meant it.

#3,247 ·
If he finds me boring, then fair enough. I'm fine with that. I was just pointing out that he's said the same comment on posts different to me bigging up German football.

The reason why i say it a lot is because i hear people bigging up the PL all the time but not saying why it's so great. As you may know, i don't think it's the best league in the world so i argue my reasons as to why The Bundesliga is better imo. But if people feel i'm over doing it, then i'm willing to stop or tone it down. But there's why i often go on about it.

My sarcastic comment wasn't about the media getting excited in general. It was meant to be about them getting excited over the San marino match. I know even they aren't stupid enough to get excited about a win against San Marino. Like i said, it came out wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.