Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 12:27 PM
BGLWrestlingGod
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

vs. Shawn Michaels - WrestleMania XXV - ****1/2
vs. Triple H - WrestleMania XXVII - ****1/4
vs. Edge - WrestleMania XXIV - ****
vs. Batista - WrestleMania 23 - ****
vs. Shawn Michaels - WrestleMania XXVI - ***1/4

vs. HBK at WM XXV is just a perfect match, even though I knew there was no way HBK would end the streak just a year after retiring Ric Flair.

The match against Triple H really is my personal favorite, though I do agree with a lot of people that it has a lot of finishers and lulls, but I think that's part of the drama.

vs. Edge was a great main event, that somehow brought the crowd back to life after Ric Flair retired, Orton/HHH/Cena, and Mayweather/Big Show. It built slow, but paid off in the end.

I love the match against Batista, but not as much as I used to. I think now it serves as an introductory chapter to this series of people being determined to end the streak (along with Orton at WM 21). The match is nonstop and exciting, I just wish it had been longer.

Not a fan of WM XXVI. Thought the match was just too conventional. Leg work. Woo hoo. Masked UT's weaknesses but didn't really create an exciting match. HBK is my favorite wrestler, so please trust me when I say this match seriously underwhelmed me, and still does. It's just...there. Agree that the end is very awesome, though.

Favorite Matches of All Time

1. Triple-Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - WrestleMania XX

2. Career Threatening Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair - WrestleMania XXIV

3. WWE Championship: John Cena vs. CM Punk - Money in the Bank 2011

4. No Holds Barred Match: The Undertaker vs. Triple H - WrestleMania XXVII

5. WWF Championship: Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior - WrestleMania VI

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome