Wrestling Forum banner

Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

• Wrestlers Draw

Votes: 251 39.5%
  • WWE Brand draws

Votes: 384 60.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.

**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

988K views 9K replies 852 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
For a list of the weekly rating dating back to January, please click here:

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2012-tv-ratings/

RATINGS BREAKDOWN FOR THIS WEEKS RAW 4/9

Raw on 4/9 did a 3.10 rating and 4.29 million viewers. The show was third for the night on cable. The show did a 2.4 in Males 12-17, 2.7 in Males 18-49, 1.0 in Girls 12-17 and 1.1 in Women 18-49 with a 69.3% male skew. It was down 21% from the 5.46 million viewers of the week after Mania show last year, and last year there was no bombshell along the lines of the Brock Lesnar return on the night after Mania show.

In the segment-by-segment, Brodus Clay & Santino Marella vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger lost 99,000 viewers.

Backstage with Laurinaitis with Miz an Cena, Marella looking for the Three Stooges and R-Truth vs. Cody Rhodes gained 255,000 viewers.

Lord Tensai vs. Yoshi Tatsu lost 415,000 viewers.

The mic work between C.M. Punk and Chris Jericho in the top of the hour segment gained 379,000 viewers to a 3.19.

Punk vs. Henry and the post-match with Jericho pouring beer all over Punk, as well as the quick Del Rio vs. Ryder match lost 169,000 viewers.

The Three Stooges in-ring segment lost 240,000 viewers and was the low point of the show at 2.90.

The Brock Lesnar interview gained 423,000 viewers.

And the Cena vs. Otunga match with Lesnar run-in gained 301,000 viewers, which is a very weak overrun number, finishing at 3.42.

#2,923 ·
:lmao I am glad we are SOOOOO worried about next year's WM already when theres 10 months of other programming to dissect before that.

But I guess since WM is the only thing WWE puts any effort into it seems iguess we should only care about it to.

#2,924 ·
agreed with choke about Cena not being much of a draw anymore. Don't even think he sells as many shirts as he used to.

And guys its already decided, we're getting Taker/Trips part 4 at WM 29 :vince2

#2,929 ·
Re: What would make raw more entertaining ?

mix it up. raw is outlined the exact same every week. first 15 minutes deal with biggest feud, first 15 minutes of 2nd hr is 2nd biggest feud, and last 10-15 minutes is the main event that was decided at the start of raw or some sort of confrontation between the 1 feud. everything inbetween is not interesting

#2,933 ·

I know Smackdown is kind of the place for all the new guys to get going, but I think Raw needs some of that.
Send one of the newer guys like Ryback, Cesaro, Damien, one of the new tag guys over to Raw.

Smackdown won't lose anything, they barely get any time, and I know Clay is on Raw, I get it, but it still doesn't do too much for me.

#2,935 ·

less stars of yesterday more focus on younger guys and making them stars of tomorrow

#2,942 ·

Less big and slow wrestlers e.g. big slow khali , less John Cena,less squash matches, less stupid childish gimmicks (e.g. funkosaurus) more younger talented wrestlers and more actual wrestling!
Someone noted this episode only had 28 minutes of actual wrestling in it. And the wrestling that was shown wasn't of a particularly high quality.

#2,943 ·

Less big and slow wrestlers e.g. big slow khali , less John Cena,less squash matches, less stupid childish gimmicks (e.g. funkosaurus) more younger talented wrestlers and more actual wrestling!
Someone noted this episode only had 28 minutes of actual wrestling in it. And the wrestling that was shown wasn't of a particularly high quality.
For the majority of fans, that means more snoozefest.

#2,944 ·

Whether or not Raw is entertaining or not is all relative to each viewer. Personally I enjoyed certain segments of Raw. That's how it's supposed to be, since they turned the WWE into a variety show. There's something for everybody so alternatively not everything is for everybody. Enjoy the stuff that you like and don't complain about the stuff you don't enjoy because somebody else does and they're just entitled to enjoy what they like as you are to enjoy your own.

#2,960 ·
Come back at me when Punk's reign averages 3.5 and above like Orton has done several times before.

Dude's basically the most uncredible WWE champion of all time. More unbelievable than The Miz, Vince's 6 day reign in 1999 and Backlund's 2 day reign back in the mid-90's. Hell, if they had given Perez Hilton a title shot during his guest hosting appearance and won, even he would have been a more believable WWE champion than Punk is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.