Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 02-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #113 (permalink)
619IDH
The Sleeping Giant

619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

First off, thanks in bunches and bunches to you cp. On that note, apologies in bunches to you as well, seeing as how I've been really busy the last few weeks and not being able to give any feedback. That apology also extends to both Stojy and Melvis, whom I've noticed have posted shows since this thing's been up. Was hoping for a few more words on this thing, seeing as how I really wanted to know how people feel about the main events.

That said, it's still more than open for feedback (which I'll do my damndest to return). But I do wish to get back in the game and get back in the section. So first some fallout news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Informer
~Complete PPV buyrates and such aren’t completely accounted for, seeing as how it’s just a day after it all went down, but projections so far aren’t looking too great for AOW. Poor and last minute promotion may have hampered the buyrate considerably, but most PPV providers showed a rapid amount of orders for the event the day before and the day of the event, possibly bringing into light the notion that if promotion were a little better, more people would’ve bought the event had they known about it.

~As far as the network goes, whatever AOW does is going to be seen as great and profitable. FX did not have very high expectations for the event in the first place. That said, FX doesn’t really get any of the profits from the PPV, but the dollar signs may result in AOW’s TV contract being extended beyond February.

~From an AOW standpoint, the event was slightly disappointing. The company exhausted a great deal of expenses on the PPV set alone, much less getting Avenged Sevenfold to perform live. Much like PPV buys, the actual tickets to the event sold at a rapid pace in the final 48 hours, with capacity going from a confirmed 6,000 ticket holders on Saturday morning to the 12,000 that would wind up in attendance Sunday night. The Banknorth Garden usually seats 18,000.

~As per previous news, we all saw what come of the injury to Chris Masters, but sources are also confirming that Gregory Helms was injured prior to the PPV as well, Helms being the mystery wrestler who had been injured with a hairline fracture. As aforementioned, the fracture shouldn’t keep Helms off TV for long, if at all, but the 50/50 split going on backstage between either Danielson or Helms winning was unanimously put in Danielson’s favor after that reveal.

~In a chain reaction to that event, the Aero Star/Jamie Noble match’s ending was changed just a few hours before the show was to go on. With the still backstage indecisiveness over who would be Cruiserweight Champion, the ending, which was to be Star getting a definitive win over Noble, was changed to give both men momentum, regardless of who walked out with the title later. Needless to say, this potentially worked out much better.

~In response to the news earlier about William Regal being backstage, most are blowing it off as dirtsheet gossip, but multiple sources have said he was indeed backstage. Regal’s lack of appearance at the actual PPV heightened the uncredibility of the news.

~With Lance Storm being written off at the event and Rey Mysterio written off prior, expect to see the midcard morph and attempt to get a spotlight. While the Cruiserweight, Tag Team, and of course, World titles getting a good bit of spotlight for the foundation of AOW, the Dynasty Championship ranks have been a tad weak. Expect to start seeing several tag teams start having individuals branch out from the tag team division, staying in teams, but seeking individual gold. The World’s Greatest Tag Team may potentially do so, and if the Low Ki/TJ Wilson exchange we got is any indication, the Dynasty ranks may not be the only ones subject to this.

Until next time, friends, this has been The Informer…

And some exclusives from aohdubya.com…

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohdubya.com
POST-WORLD ABLAZE BACKSTAGE INTERVIEWS

After the ground-breaking event that was AOW World Ablaze, someone took it upon themselves to give us not one, not two, but THREE aohdubya.com exclusive interviews! We've got online exclusives from the mouths of Ken Doane, the World's Greatest Tag Team, and even a very special third interview!! But with The Miz seemingly taken for a ride by the Boston Red Sox at the conclusion of the event, who was backstage and doing interviews?

Spoiler for Interview One:
Super Crazy:
Bienvenido! Hola damas y caballeros, esto es Super Crazy!! De Miz has been…como se dice…‘taken care of’ by de Boston Red Sox.
~Super Crazy laughs a bit to himself

Super Crazy:
Super Crazy was sitting an’ waiting for news on Psicosis anoche. While waiting, I was watchin’ de…de…de storm chasers. Dose people dat chase de tornados y hurricanes, sabes? An’ Super Crazy thought Super Crazy was super crazy, but dose people are really crazy!
~Super Crazy illustrates this with his hands

Super Crazy
:
So to show jus’ how super crazy Super Crazy can be, I am going to give ju’ de storm chasing interviews dat ju’ want, que sabe? ‘cause De Miz…is a soft pendeho. Super Crazy gets de interviews ju’ want!
~Crazy sneaks around, bringing the cameraman around with him, lurking through the halls of the Banknorth Garden for someone to interview…when he comes across the path of a fuming, yet now fully dressed Ken Doane

Super Crazy
:
Doane!! Misser Doane!! Misser Ken!! Misser Ken Doane!! Can we have a word wit’ ju’?

Doane:
A what?

Super Crazy:
A word wit’ ju?

Doane:
Do you even speak English? The hell are you saying?

Super Crazy:
Why ju’ attack Chriss Masters, Misser Ken Doane?

Doane:
Masters…? Why did I attack Chris Masters? What kind of question is that? He was holding me back. He was doin’ nothing but preventing me from moving forward and making an impact on this company, on this scene. And if you’re holding Ken Doane back, then get prepared for the whiplash, because there’s nothing that’s gonna stop me from doin’ what I say I’m gonna do!

Super Crazy:
But why ju’ attack…? He seem like buen amigo –

Doane:
Buen amigo? A friend? Chris Masters was never my friend. We just shared a common goal and that was that we both wanted to leave our mark on this company and prove we were the best up and comers around. But y’see, Super Crazy, this isn’t the Mexican-American boarder, where anyone and everyone can get in. No. This is the professional wrestling world. Only one of us can be the true best. Only one of us can be the real future. And only one of us can make a true impact. And I proved tonight that that man is me – Ken Doane, IMPACT PLAYER!!
~Doane throws Crazy’s microphone out of his face after shouting those last words, walking off with his luggage in tow.

Spoiler for Interview Two:
Super Crazy:
Okay…I try again. Dis time, we going to see who is left in locker room, okay? So dey be calm and not enojado, que sabe? Okay…
~Crazy sneaks locker room door open, sneaking in and motioning for the cameraman to follow him. When he steps into the shot, we get a good look at who is still left in the locker room…it’s The World’s Greatest Tag Team!

Super Crazy:
Esto es!! Es Shelton Benjamin y Charlie Haas! De AOW Tag Team Campeones! What ju’ two still doing here?

Charlie Haas:
First guys to show up and last ones to leave, right Shelton?

Shelton Benjamin:
That’s how we roll.
~Benjamin removes a towel from his left shoulder, revealing a bag of ice taped to it from the beating it took earlier

Super Crazy:
"El Corazon de los Campeones". De Hearts of Champions!

Shelton Benjamin:
Thanks, but we don’t really feel like champions.

Super Crazy:
Por que? Why es that, Shelton Benjamin?

Shelton Benjamin:
Just look at us. I probably can’t move this shoulder for a few days and Charlie can’t walk straight for the next few days.
~The camera pans to show Benjamin’s shoulder again, as well as panning to Haas’ taped up knee

Charlie Haas:
And that goes without talking about our competition, either.

Super Crazy:
Ah, de new num’er one contendientes, American Made?

Charlie Haas:
That’s them. See Crazy, we take great amounts of pride in what we do, and we expect our opponents to do the same. But we also respect our opponents and each other in and outside the ring. Our opponents tonight didn’t earn our respect until tonight after taking us to our absolute limit.

Shelton Benjamin:
Say that again.

Charlie Haas:
But when we looked on the horizon and saw who won the Tag Team Turmoil match and the way they did it? That’s not respectful at all. American Made has done nothing but disrespect the Sons of the Dungeon since they got here, and to wrap it all up, they showed the ultimate sign of disrespect on an opponent by taking an easy way out and having someone do it for them and pickin’ the bones.

Shelton Benjamin:
Yeah, and if I didn’t know any better, I’d say they struck some kind of deal with those nasty Samoan guys that came before’em.

Super Crazy:
De Samoan Fight Club?

Shelton Benjamin:
That’s them, the Fight Club. But me and Charlie here? We’re not defending jack squat against guys who can’t show any kind of respect to their opponents.
~Benjamin looks dead into the camera on that one, Haas soon following suit with his own statement

Charlie Haas:
American Made, you guys got the skill…but you ain’t got the will. You guys don’t have…what’d you call it, Crazy?

Super Crazy:
"El Corazon de los Campeones", De Heart of Champions!

Charlie Haas:
That’s it. You guys got no heart.

Shelton Benjamin:
So you guys get no championships.
~Super Crazy nods very quickly and smiles on that last line he helped set up, looking back into the camera and we fade away...

Spoiler for Interview Three:
Super Crazy:
Okay, my las’ go…I no even have to chase dis one down! Es none ot’er…dan REY MYSTERIO!!
~The camera does pan to indeed show Rey Mysterio, mask and all, in street clothes. Unfortunately, the joyous sight is hampered by the fact that Mysterio has his crutches.

Mysterio:
Como te vata, Super Crazy?

Super Crazy:
Estoy muy bien. Pero y tu?

Mysterio:
Ah, I’m doin’ pretty well for a guy on crutches, I think. Had my surgery about a week ago and I’m well on the road to recovery, man. Ready to be back out there in a few months.

Super Crazy:
Bueno, bueno. Si no estás saludable, por qué estás aquí esta noche?

Mysterio:
First of all, Super Crazy, you can hurt Rey Mysterio physically. But you can never hurt the spirit he has within him. But second of all, I can’t stay away from that ring. Whether I’m at a hundred percent or runnin’ on empty, I’m gonna be here because it’s what I love. I came here tonight to enjoy the show like everyone else, but also to share some love and root for a few guys.

Super Crazy:
Como quien?

Mysterio:
Like who? Like –
~Just when Mysterio is about to tell who he came here for, a very angry Miz enters the frame, bruised in several places and obviously beat up, likely by the hands of the Red Sox. Miz has a terrible scowl on his face, staring at Mysterio, then looking at Super Crazy, before looking at the camera…then back to Super Crazy

The Miz:
Wait, wait wait wait wait wait just a damn second! I don’t know if you can comprende me, compadre, but you of all people should not be holding that microphone and doing my backstage interviews!

Super Crazy:
Ju’ were gone, dere was work an’ –

The Miz:
Oh, that’s how it is? I’m gone for five seconds, and you swoop in here and take my job from me? Wait, what am I saying? Correction - try and take my job from me? Reality check - you don’t have the chops, amigo. You don’t even have the language, amigo! Step aside!
~Miz snatches the microphone from Crazy and pushes him aside assuming Crazy’s place beside Rey Mysterio

The Miz:
Now if you would be so kind to pick up where you left off with your rightful interviewer, Rey Mysterio?

Mysterio:
Le estaba diciendo a Super Crazy que yo estaba aquí para animar a algunas personas en los bastidores.
~Miz stares at Rey, completely stupefied and dumbfounded at the rapid flourish of Spanish flying off of Mysterio’s tongue. Mysterio just smiles at Miz. Miz then turns to Super Crazy, who is still beside him, speaking to him through gritted teeth

The Miz:
What…the HELL…did he just say?

Super Crazy:
I don’ know, Senior Miz. Ju’ should know. Af’er all…ju’ have de chops. An’ ju’ have de language, amigo.
~Miz, having been completely trumped here, gets another scowl on his face before throwing the microphone back into the chest of Crazy and walking away, throwing his hands up and yelling as he walks away

The Miz:
I FREAKIN’ HATE THIS CITY!!
~Crazy and Mysterio look at Miz as he temper tantrums off, chuckling to themselves before the happy Super Crazy continues

Super Crazy:
Perdon, Rey Mysterio, but who were ju’ here for?

Mysterio:
Uh I came here to support a couple of guys. Of course, I came here to support my man Bryan Danielson and let me be the very first one to congratulate you, Bryan, on a very, very well earned win in what was probably one of the best matches I’ve ever seen in all my years. You gave’em hell and you truly deserve to be called the true Cruiserweight Champion.
~Super Crazy puts the mike under one of his arms and gives his own round of applause

Super Crazy:
Bueno, bueno. Anyone else?

Mysterio:
Another guy I came here to see for myself was Aero Star. He kid reminds me so much of me when I first started doin’ my think, heck, I think the kid’s even better now than I was then. And he might not have walked away with the win in the record books, he more than made his statement like a real luchador would in the end. You did lucha proud tonight, Aero.
~Super Crazy tucks the microphone under his arm and claps again

Mysterio
:
But uh…I also came here tonight to support Rob Van Dam and Bobby Lashley too, but…
~Mysterio’s eyes and words drift off, Crazy’s excitement gone as well, a much darker and serious demeanor taking both men. Super Crazy’s voice even gets deeper on the next few lines, noting this is probably the best place to end the interview

Super Crazy
:
Si…gracias, Rey Mysterio, por su tiempo.

Mysterio:
De nada.
~Crazy nods in gratitude, while Mysterio begins to walk away on his crutches, as we completely fade away…
Haven't the slightest clue when the next show will actually be up, so don't wait for it

DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT

AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
.:Origins & Endings NOW POSTED!!:.
619IDH is offline   Reply With Quote