Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 02-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #196 (permalink)
Bubz
Can't stop eating peanuts

Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz Bubz
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Katsuhiko Nakajima vs SHINGO (D-Ring 11/02)
Awesome match. Nakajima worked Shingo's arm at first and he did a great job selling it. There was an apron spot quite early on in to the match, and at first I thought it was a bit early for a sick spot like that, but the way it played out worked great as it was a really good comeback spot for Shingo. Shingo worked the leg of Nakajima for a bit until he made his comeback which was transitioned really well. I loved the spot where Shingo keeps going for the lariat but Jima keeps kicking his arm away causing more damage to it, but Shingo is determined to hit it. Eventually he hits one with the other arm, it's less efffective because it's not his usual arm but it works because it catches Jima off guard after he runs the ropes. Loved that spot. The finishing stretch was awesome with a lot of near falls but it didn't seem like overkill at all. If Nakajima had sold his leg for a bit longer this would have been even better. It didn't really take much away though because nothing is going to stop Nakajima from throwing those kicks, and he did sell his leg the first few times until he knocks some sense back into it. Great match, my new MOTY just ahead of Sekimoto/Suwama. ****1/4 - 1/2

Also watched the tag match...

Kenta Kobashi & Jun Akiyama vs Kensuke Sasaki & Mitsuhiro Kitamiya (D-Ring 11/02)
I loved this. It had such a great story that was always going to be good, but when you have Akiyama and Kobashi in there to tell it, it's great. Kitamiya looked good here playing the underdog really well and getting owned by Akiyama especially. Akiyama was amazing in this match, he came off as such a boss. Akiyama/Kitamiya did most of the work since Kobashi can't do all that much these days, but we got Kobashi/Kenskay chop wars and some other cool moments that played off of their match in 2005. A great story and good action to boot. ***3/4 - ****

Last edited by Bubz : 02-18-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Bubz is offline   Reply With Quote