Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 02-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #194 (permalink)
wildpegasus
Learning to break kayfabe

wildpegasus wildpegasus
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRulz View Post
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. SHINGO (D-Ring, 2/11/2012)

And there you go, this is your first D-Ring main event. Awesome, kick-ass match, so easy to wacth. They went back-and-forth style mostly, but we got few control segments too. SHINGO is such a great powerhouse, but he has no chance against Jima's M-16 strikes, so he works his legs, but not for long enough to be efficient. Jima still strikes like a motherfucker. The finishing stretch was very exciting, SHINGO was on the verge of victory, but Jima used his strikes as a defense this time, and after few blows won the match with German Suplex Hold. Awesome, awesome match, they really stiffed the hell out of each other, the storytelling was very simple and nice. MOTYC, easily, and great showcase for D-Ring's first main event.
Rating: ****1/4
Yeah, I was just about to mention this match so everyone would make sure to check it out. I don't really care for analayzing matches too much anymore because it takes the fun out of wrestling (seen so many people sadly fall into this trap over time including myself to a degree somewhat) as I'd rather concentrate on the ring. action. wrestlers. what they're going through and escape into it so let's just say this was freaking awesome fun. Love. love. love Nakagima's kicks and work ethic. Awesome crowd and the TV production made everything feel even more alive.
wildpegasus is offline   Reply With Quote