Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - GCB's WWE
Thread: GCB's WWE
View Single Post
post #86 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
GCB
Learning to break kayfabe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

SMACKDOWN, January 7

Friday January 7th, 2011 | Mobile Civic Center, Mobile, Alabama

As in last week’s episode of Friday Night SMACKDOWN, the new General Manager of SMACKDOWN, Michael Cole, has a pre-recorded message for the start of the show. Cole is stood in front of a blue SMACKDOWN sign holding a microphone and he smiles a cheesy grin as the camera rolls and he begins the show ...

MICHAEL COLE
Can I have your attention, please?

Despite the fact that his address is pre-recorded so won’t feature any reaction from the crowd, Cole pauses ...

MICHAEL COLE
Thank you. I am Michael Cole, the new General Manager of SMACKDOWN, the soon-to-be Number 1 show in the WWE. For all the new viewers tuning in tonight now that Teddy Long has been fired, I welcome you. Tonight’s SMACKDOWN will be, as always, a vintage show. In last week’s SMACKDOWN main event, Christian – with assistance from RAW’s Randy Orton – defeated John Cena in a Number 1 contender match to earn himself the chance to face CM Punk for the World Championship in just over two weeks time at the Royal Rumble. Despite the fact that Christian was illegally assisted by Mr. Orton, I have spoken to John Cena and he has accepted that he was defeated and that Christian should challenge CM Punk at the Rumble. Due to Mr. Cena’s excellent attitude towards this issue, I have decided that he will be given a spot in the Royal Rumble for SMACKDOWN. Furthermore, Mr. Cena and myself both agree with the decision of the WWE owner, Chip Butty, that Randy Orton should be banned from appearing at the Royal Rumble event. With Orton out of the way, I fully expect John Cena to win the Royal Rumble for the WWE’s apex show.

Now, onto tonight’s show, we are live in Mobile, Alabama, where tonight’s main event will be a rematch from last week as John Cena will go one on one with Christian. After his punishment last week on RAW, I do not believe that Randy Orton would be stupid enough to try and appear on SMACKDOWN tonight again. However, to ensure that Randy Orton has no impact on tonight’s result, I have decided to appoint a special guest referee for the match – the World Heavyweight Champion, CM PUNK! I am sure that you are now desperate for the show to begin so I will finish here – enjoy the show!

The camera fades as SMACKDOWN’s opening credits roll to begin the show ...

***** KNOW YOUR ENEMY *****

*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***

Todd Grisham and Mick Foley introduce the show as the camera zooms in on the WWE Universe who are excited for tonight’s SMACKDOWN event here in Mobile. Grisham and Foley hype up the announcement from General Manager Michael Cole that tonight’s main event will feature Number 1 contender Christian up against John Cena with CM Punk, the World Champion, as the special guest referee for the match. Foley also speculates that it is a massive night for Cena as he begins his preparations for the Royal Rumble match; Foley is confident that Cena could provide SMACKDOWN with another Royal Rumble victory after Edge won it whilst on SMACKDOWN last year. Grisham says that Cena must be a strong contender to win ...

*** MY TIME IS NOW ***

JOHN CENA

... Grisham’s comments are interrupted as the man himself, John Cena, heads out into the arena. Looking thoroughly annoyed over the events of last week, Cena storms towards the ring and ignores the boos that echo around the arena as he snatches a microphone and calls for his music to be cut. As his music fades out, Cena stands facing the cameras looking annoyed and ready to get something off his chest right now ...

JOHN CENA
Yeah, you’re all right, you’ve guessed correctly. I am incredibly p****d off tonight. Trust me, you don’t wanna’ get on the wrong side of me tonight. So all you idiots here in Mobile ...

Huge boos for Cena after his insult ...

JOHN CENA
... you better shut up and listen real good because I’ve got something important to say tonight. When I arrived here on SMACKDOWN a month ago, I thought I had left behind the moaning and the bitterness of Randy Orton for good. The so-called ‘Viper’ on RAW was jealous of my position on RAW as the top dog and the man that was always there to be shot at – but was hardly ever beaten. Bitterness is a terrible thing, as you lot here in Mobile know only too well ...

Cena cracks a smile for the first time as the hate rains down on him once more, he holds up the microphone to further upset the crowd as he shows his contempt for them ...

JOHN CENA
... As I was saying ... Bitterness is a terrible thing, Randy, it eats away inside you. Despite all your successes on RAW, all your reigns as the WWE Champion, you could never beat me, you could never overcome me to become the Number 1 guy on RAW. By leaving RAW, I have done you a massive favour ... you now have a chance to be the man. So what did you do instead? You blamed me because you lost your WWE Championship to Wade Barrett, you keep invading SMACKDOWN to attack me? And now, now, you’ve been suspended from the Royal Rumble because you interfered in my Number 1 contender match last week on SMACKDOWN. A nobody, a washed up, broken down, never-was excuse of a SMACKDOWN superstar, Christian, has a shot at the World Championship.

Cheers for the mention of Christian as Number 1 contender ...

JOHN CENA
At the Royal Rumble, Christian faces CM Punk for the title and I have decided to accept that. I could moan and complain like you, Orton, I could let bitterness take me down but I am not going to do that. I am going to make sure I create history instead. You see, Orton, unlike you, I have some pride and dignity left. At Vengeance, I defeated you once and for all, I am finished with you and I have other goals to accomplish now – and they’re all here on SMACKDOWN. I have no reason to feud and fight with the top man on RAW – I’ve already proven time after time that he, you, has no business in the ring with me. So, I am setting my sights on Cleveland, Ohio, 16 days time, the Royal Rumble. An event that you have been barred from Orton, an event where I will win the Royal Rumble match and secure my spot in the main event of WrestleMania where I will defeat the World Champion and become the top man here on the top brand in the WWE ...

A loud ‘Cena sucks!’ chant begins which again forces a smile from the man himself ...

JOHN CENA
Oh, trust me, Mobile, Cena does not suck. Mobile might suck, Alabama might suck, Randy Orton might suck but I don’t. Tonight, I begin to prove to you all that John Cena is for real. I am starting an undefeated streak that will last from tonight when I face Christian in a rematch from last week until WrestleMania and beyond. Nobody will defeat me, I will win the World Heavyweight Championship and I will rule SMACKDOWN. If you don’t believe me, Mobile, just watch me.

More boos from the crowd as Cena’s music restarts and he taunts the crowd in the ring by waving his hand over his face and confirming to the crowd that they can’t see him. Cena exits the ring and heads for the ramp as Grisham and Foley remind us of the announcement on RAW: Randy Orton, as punishment for appearing on SMACKDOWN last week, is barred from the Royal Rumble PPV and will not feature in any matches, he will not even be allowed to set foot in the building. Grisham speaks of hundreds of Twitter and Facebook petitions and protests over the barring of Orton from the Rumble and Foley suggests that he thinks something should be done to allow Orton to compete if that is what the fans want to see. The camera switches backstage where Josh Mathews is stood smiling and holding a microphone in the SMACKDOWN interview area ...

JOSH MATHEWS
Ladies and Gentlemen, we just heard from one half of the SMACKDOWN main event tonight in John Cena, now please welcome my guest at this time, the man he will face tonight and the World Championship Number 1 contender ... CHRISTIAN!

Cheers from the crowd here in Mobile for the popular superstar who appears beside Josh Mathews with a huge grin on his face ...

JOSH MATHEWS
Christian, in two weeks time, you will challenge CM Punk for the World Heavyweight Championship at the Royal Rumble but tonight you have to face John Cena again with the World Champion, CM Punk as the special guest referee ... Your thoughts?

CHRISTIAN
You know what, Josh? I just heard the rubbish that John Cena spoke in the ring just then, he sounded as if he was completely deluded in some way. But Cena is right in one thing he says – SMACKDOWN is the top show here in the WWE. You see, Cena thinks he can just head on over to SMACKDOWN and win the World Championship, he thinks because he was the ‘Face of Monday Night RAW’ that it will be simple here on SMACKDOWN. Well, Cena, you’re wrong. Here on SMACKDOWN, we have some of the best WWE superstars there has ever been. Tough veteran guys like Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Kane, the Phenom of the WWE, The Undertaker. Up and coming young guys like Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Alberto Del Rio and Cody Rhodes. Guys like Matt Hardy and Mark Henry who have never held the big title and are desperate to do just that. And, though I’m not a fan of him, the World Champion CM Punk, one of the toughest guys in the WWE.

Christian laughs to himself as he thinks about Cena’s comments ...

CHRISTIAN
Cena, you seem to think that you can walk into SMACKDOWN and just win the World Championship? It doesn’t work like that! You need to learn to respect those guys that are established here on SMACKDOWN and realise that to be the World Champion you are going to have to fight and scratch and claw for your life in order to get the opportunity. Just like I have done. For years here on SMACKDOWN, I have fought, scratched, bitten and clawed my way up, recovered from injuries and defeats, kept on battling for my chance. After I beat you last week, I finally earned what people like Matt Hardy and Mark Henry would do anything to get – a shot at the World Championship. At the Royal Rumble, I face CM Punk with the title up for grabs and I am determined to take my chance.

Christian considers his next words carefully before continuing ...

CHRISTIAN
CM Punk is a hell of a wrestler, I will have to be at my very best to beat him. But, Josh, I have worked too hard and for too long to let this one pass. The difference between Cena and me is that I will respect CM Punk, I will go out there knowing that I can be beaten at any second if I don’t stay focused. I’m not going to guarantee victory but I am going to guarantee that CM Punk will never have to work harder to retain that title, I will guarantee that I will do everything I can to win the title and I believe that I can. Cena believes that he can just show up here on SMACKDOWN and win the World Championship, it appears he has Michael Cole on his side as well. You can earn it too, Cena. Go to the Rumble, win it and get your shot and I’ll see you at WrestleMania. But tonight, do not underestimate me. You blamed your defeat last week on Randy Orton? Well, tonight, with CM Punk as the referee to ensure no outside interference, you’ll have no excuses. Your ‘undefeated streak’ will end before it even begins, Cena. I am going to prove to you that ...

Christian pauses and looks to his left as somebody else catches his eye. The camera turns to show CM Punk, World Championship belt over his shoulder, standing looking at Christian with a cocky smirk on his face. Punk silently applauds Christian’s comments before slowly walking away as Grisham informs us that he is set to go one on with Evan Bourne next before his special guest referee role later tonight. Christian watches Punk walk away with a determined look in his eyes ...

A match card appears on screen showing the World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk and his opponent for the next match, Evan Bourne. Grisham and Foley hype up the appearance of the World Champion tonight and he is coming next after this commercial break. Will Punk continue on with his winning streak with a victory over the high flying Evan Bourne? Or will he manage to cause an upset here tonight on SMACKDOWN?

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME!

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with the arena ready for the first contest of the night – already heading down to the ring is the Tag Team of Evan Bourne and Mark Henry with the music of Bourne ringing out around the arena as he receives cheers and slaps hands with the WWE Universe ...

*** BOURNE TO WIN ***

St. Louis, Missouri | 183 pounds
EVAN BOURNE
(with Mark Henry)

Bourne gets into the ring and jumps up in the corner where he salutes the fans here in Mobile as the referee checks on Mark Henry who appears to just be here to support his partner. Foley and Grisham remind us of the Tag Team Turmoil match that Chip Butty announced on NXT last week and reminds us that Bourne and Henry will be facing the Tag Team Champions, the Major Broskis, on NXT next week to try and secure a late entry into the match. With Henry on the outside and Bourne preparing in the ring, attention turns towards the titantron as the music of the World Champion starts up ...

*** CULT OF PERSONALITY ***

Chicago, Illinois | 222 pounds | World Heavyweight Champion
CM PUNK

A mixed reaction for the World Heavyweight Champion as CM Punk heads out sauntering onto the stage with a look of smugness on his face. With the World Championship belt fastened around his waist, Punk kneels down on stage and shouts that it is ‘clobbering time’ before heading down towards the ring. The WWE Universe is jeering Punk although he retains his hardcore support and there is a faint ‘CM Punk’ chant as he steps into the ring. Punk points to Henry and demands that the referee tells him to stay out of his business tonight before climbing into the corner and raising the World Championship for the WWE Universe to see.

MATCH 1 | SINGLES MATCH
CM PUNK vs. EVAN BOURNE (w/Mark Henry)

Both men use their feet to their advantage in the early stages of the contest as they look to gain the upper hand – CM Punk is the man who manages to get in control of the contest though and the World Champion looks to get the match over as quickly as he can. However, he cannot focus on the match and keeps glancing over at the hulking figure of Mark Henry at ringside even though he is innocently cheering on his tag partner rather than looking to get involved in the contest. A backbreaker from Punk leaves Bourne down on the mat in trouble and Punk heads to the top rope looking for a top rope elbow. Again, he gets distracted by Mark Henry though whilst on the top rope, for no reason. With his eyes diverted towards Henry, this allows Bourne the chance to jump up and hit a hurricanrana to Punk that crashes him down off the ropes. Bourne makes a quick pin as the crowd get excited that they’re about to see a shock win for Bourne ...

1 ... 2 ... Punk kicks out!

Shocked by the attack, Punk jumps up quickly and swings at Bourne but he ducks and hits the ropes before jumping up at Punk and hitting a double knee attack that takes the champion down once again. Punk is down on the mat and Bourne hits a standing moonsault to the Straight Edge superstar before hooking the leg for another cover ...

1 ... 2 ... Punk kicks out!

Bourne is exciting the crowd now and he hits a spinning kick to the head of Punk that takes him down before he heads for the top rope with the cheers of the crowd ringing through the arena. Evan Bourne climbs the ropes with the WWE Universe and Mark Henry cheering him on. Bourne leaps off the top ropes looking to hit AIR BOURNE ... Punk rolls out of the way at the last second! Bourne eats the mat instead and Punk survives again. He takes a second to recover as Bourne struggles to his feet and then he hits a running knee in the corner before following it up with a bulldog that takes Bourne down to the mat face first. Punk makes a cover on Bourne ...

1 ... 2 ... Kick out from Evan Bourne!

Punk hits a series of kicks and forearms to the ribs and head of Evan Bourne before whipping him into the ropes and hitting a snap powerslam that crashes Bourne down again. Punk has taken control now and he steps through the ropes to the outside before slingshotting himself back into the ring over the top rope to hit a clothesline to Bourne. A Shining Wizard kick crashes Bourne out, he looks beaten here as the World Champion is impressively taking him apart – Punk makes the cover ...

1 ... 2 ... Bourne kicks out just in time!

Punk looks around at the crowd who are jeering him in the main – he smiles a wicked smile and signals that it is time for Evan Bourne to go to sleep. Punk lifts a groggy Evan Bourne up onto his shoulders and looks out at the WWE Universe with a grin; his attention is again taken by Bourne’s partner, why can’t Punk ignore him tonight? The hesitation is just what Bourne needs and he wriggles down the back of Punk and rolls him up for a surprise schoolboy pinfall ...

1 ... 2 ... 3! Nooooooo! Punk escapes just in time!

The crowd groan desperately as Bourne fails to hold the champion down for the complete three count. Bourne slaps the mat in frustration but he jumps to his feet and prepares to go on the attack again. A standing knee to the jaw of CM Punk staggers him before he jumps up onto the middle rope, springboards off and delivers a drop kick to Punk. Cover from CM Punk ...

1 ... 2 ... Kick out from Punk!

Bourne seems determined to secure the victory here and he prepares to hit another big move as Punk gets to his feet; Bourne goes to hit an Inzuguri to Punk but the World Champion manages to duck as Bourne’s foot looks to connect. Off balance after the miss, Bourne turns to face Punk. Punk is ready now and he forces Bourne’s head down before lifting him up and hitting a powerbomb that crashes Bourne down on his back. Punk, quick as lightning, now leaps on Bourne and starts folding him up ... ANACONDA VICE LOCKED IN BY CM PUNK! WILL EVAN BOURNE TAP OUT?

** TAP **
** TAP **
** EVAN BOURNE TAPS OUT! **

WINNER
CM PUNK (6:26)

Grisham and Foley praise the effort from Evan Bourne but then suggest that CM Punk is one of the best wrestlers in the world due to his ability to stay in the fight until he gets an opportunity. Mark Henry helps his partner out of the ring as the referee holds Punk’s arm in the air and hands him the World Championship belt which he raises aloft. With Punk victorious, he smiles another confident smile and waves mockingly to Bourne as he disappears up the ramp. Punk is handed a microphone which he prepares to speak into as he waits for his breath to slow down after the action of the match ...

CM PUNK
That, that was what the WWE is all about. Two talented guys, one on one in the ring, fighting for supremacy and honour. And – in the end – the best man, the best wrestler in the world ... the World Heavyweight Champion ... won the match again. Tonight, I fought off the efforts of Evan Bourne and in two weeks time, I will fight a man who has been trying to break into the main event for over a decade ... Christian.

Loud cheers for Christian who is a popular choice to be challenging for Punk’s World Championship ...

CM PUNK
Now, I got to tell you, Christian is a great competitor and he deserves his chance. I overheard him earlier tonight telling you all that he was living his dream by challenging for the World Championship and that he would do everything in his power to become champion. That is a noble sentiment but the fact remains that I am the best wrestler in the world, Christian, I am the guy that beat Big Show to win the World Championship and I am the guy that defeated Kane, Show and Kofi Kingston at Vengeance to keep hold of it.

Some mild jeers for Punk but he continues on regardless ...

CM PUNK
I don’t care who I have to face, the fact of the matter is that I am the World Champion here on SMACKDOWN. As you just saw, I am capable of overcoming all barriers to ensure victory and at the Royal Rumble, I will do just that once again. Christian, your dream is to go to the Royal Rumble and win the World Heavyweight Championship? Unfortunately, I am the Straight Edge superstar here on SMACKDOWN, it makes me better than you and come the Royal Rumble, I will defeat you and be your nightmare.

Punk drops the microphone as ‘This Fire Burns’ starts up once more and he heads out of the ring back up the ramp with the title belt high above his head. Punk stands on stage and looks out over the SMACKDOWN audience and shrugs his shoulders as if to say that he is sorry but that is the way it is going to be. There are jeers for him but Grisham and Foley speak of how tough Christian is going to find it against CM Punk and how his dream might not be as close as he thinks. Foley suggests that Punk is on a huge roll right now and that he could well be the best on SMACKDOWN – how can Christian defeat him?

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

CATCH NXT SEASON 3 NEXT TUESDAY NIGHT!

Who will be ranked Number 1 in the first NXT rankings – Vladimir Kozlov or the Great Khali?
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

*** CRANK IT UP ***

BIG SHOW

A mixed reception for the World’s Largest Athlete as he heads out towards the ring with a look of sorrow on his face and holding his hands up in an apologetic way. He heads up the steel steps and steps over the top rope without stopping for his trademark choke slam salute to the fans and takes a microphone. He holds his hand up for his music to be faded and for the fans to settle a little before he starts ...

BIG SHOW
Errr ... Look ... Last week, I ... Well ... I got carried away. I got caught up in a match and I ... well ... see for yourself ... Roll the footage ...

Big Show, looking embarrassed by his actions from last week, signals for the technicians to show the footage from SMACKDOWN last week when he went one on one with Kofi Kingston in a battle between two friends after Kofi had challenged him over hitting him from behind in the World Championship match at Vengeance. With the smaller Kingston proving to be a more difficult challenge than perhaps Big Show expected him to be, Show suddenly resorted to picking up a TV monitor from the SMACKDOWN announce table and crashing it into the head of the African ... The camera returns to the ring where Big Show is stood looking apologetic still and he appears to be annoyed with his actions last week ...

BIG SHOW
Most of you know that over the years, I have had a few issues with controlling my anger. Recently, I have controlled it well but last week, well, last week, something just snapped for a moment. I don’t know what caused me to do what I did. Kofi Kingston is an amazing young star here on SMACKDOWN, he is the future of the WWE and I am proud to count him as a friend of mine ...

Show wipes away the beads of sweat collecting on his forehead and shakes his head a little as he recalls his actions last week ...

BIG SHOW
So, I’m out here right now to ask my friend, Kofi Kingston, to come out to the ring so I can apologise to him in person, so I can shake his hand and so we can move on from this situation once and for all. Kofi, will you please come out here?

Show turns his attention towards the stage and the titantron which remains quiet for a few moments. With the whole of the arena focused on the entrance to the arena, it suddenly comes to life with yellow and green as Kofi begins to make his way towards the ring ...

*** S. O. S. ***

KOFI KINGSTON

It is a less than excited Kofi Kingston that heads out into the arena, he is not his usual self after what happened last week. Kofi walks towards the ring in a custom made tracksuit and there are no pyrotechnics here. Kofi heads into the ring where he picks up a microphone coming in and stands opposite Show as his music fades ...

BIG SHOW
Thanks for coming out, Kofi, it means a lot to me.

Kofi remains quiet and simply looks up into the eyes of the taller Big Show ...

BIG SHOW
Kofi, I asked you out here, man, to apologise for my actions last week. I don’t know what caused me to do that, I just snapped for a moment inside. You know how it can be sometimes, I was frustrated that I couldn’t put you away ... I just lost control. All week, I’ve replayed that moment in my head trying to justify it or come up with a reason for why I did it ... But I can’t ... All I can do, Kofi, is say that I am sorry. I am truly, truly sorry. Kofi, I am proud to count you as a friend of mine here on SMACKDOWN, I hope you can forgive me.

Big Show extends his hand towards Kofi and offers to shake and forget last week for good. Show continues to tell Kofi that he is sorry for his actions as Kofi considers whether or not to accept the apology. Looking round the ring, Kofi is encouraged by the WWE Universe to shake hands with Big Show and, after a long pause, Kofi takes Show’s hand and he shakes it.

BIG SHOW
Thanks, Kofi. That means a lot.

KOFI KINGSTON
Man, I have to say that I’ve been angry with you all week. But I can see it in your eyes that I can trust you, that you didn’t mean to do what you did. To drive you to do what you did, I must have frustrated you and showed that I am a major player here on SMACKDOWN. I hope I made a believer out of you, Show?

BIG SHOW
I’ve always been a believer in you, Kofi. You are the future of this business and I see you entertaining the WWE Universe for a long time ...

KOFI KINGSTON
And winning World and WWE Championships?

Show pauses at first but then nods his head to Kofi ...

BIG SHOW
Sure, Kofi. I think you have all the tools to become the World Champion or the WWE Champion. With a little luck as well, there is no reason why you can’t ...

KOFI KINGSTON
Show, Show, Show, last week I took you to the limit and forced you to a place where you had to resort to an extreme moment of fury due to frustration. Yet, you still don’t believe in me. Do you?

Kofi looks to Big Show who looks uncomfortable as he looks into his friend’s eyes considering what to say ...

BIG SHOW
Kofi, that isn’t what I said, I said that ...

KOFI KINGSTON
Look, Show, I’ve accepted your apology. We’re cool. But we’re friends and I need you to be honest with me. If you don’t think I can win the big one, tell me.

BIG SHOW
Kofi, you have all the tools. I just don’t see that you have that last little piece that you need. I don’t know why, I can’t explain it. I hope you can prove me wrong but you’re right, I’m not convinced, I don’t think you can win the WWE Championship or the World Championship. I’m just being honest with you, man.

Kofi nods his head in appreciation and thinks carefully for a moment before responding ...

KOFI KINGSTON
That’s fine, Show, that’s cool. I am going to prove you wrong some time but I appreciate your honesty. I guess we’ll find out at the Royal Rumble ...

BIG SHOW
The Royal Rumble that I am going to win, Kofi!

There are some slight boos for Big Show’s interruption but Kofi looks at him with a smile ...

KOFI KINGSTON
We’ll see, Show. We’ll ...

????
Hold it there!

Another interruption for Kingston but this time it is the SMACKDOWN General Manager who is walking out onto the stage to huge jeers and heat ...

MICHAEL COLE
May I have your attention please? I am Michael Cole and I am the new General Manager here on SMACKDOWN. Now, Kofi, Big Show, I’ve been listening to you from my office and whilst this apologising and handshaking is all fine for ‘these’ people here in Mobile ...

More jeers for Cole as he infers that ‘these’ people are simple ...

MICHAEL COLE
... It is not fine for the SMACKDOWN General Manager who has a show that needs exciting action to help it overtake Monday Night RAW in the ratings. So here is what I think needs to happen. Kofi, last week, your friend Big Show hit you in the head with a television monitor and got himself disqualified. Here you are vowing that you are going to prove him wrong and win the Rumble, go to WrestleMania and win the World Championship. Now, I happen to agree with Show here, you’re never going to do that ...

Intense hate for Cole now as he insults Kofi; the Ghanaian looks not impressed as he looks up at Cole on the stage with a look of anger on his face ...

MICHAEL COLE
Oh, be quiet, Mobile!

A ‘You Suck!’ chant erupts in the arena and Cole is subjected to an embarrassing few seconds where he shakes his head and denies the claim ...

MICHAEL COLE
Now, if I can continue without interruptions, Kofi, I want to see you prove your credentials here on SMACKDOWN. So tonight, we are going to have a rematch. It will be Kofi Kingston – one on one ... with the Big Show!

BIG SHOW
Hold it, Cole, there is no need for that! Kofi and I have put our little squabble behind us, there is no reason for us to face off against each other tonight.

Kofi looks surprised at Show’s comments as he seemed up for facing his friend – he looks to Show and listens carefully to Cole’s response ...

MICHAEL COLE
You appear to be forgetting who the SMACKDOWN General Manager is, Show. I am – and I say tonight will see Kofi Kingston face the Big Show. And before you argue, let me tell you something. If you refuse to take part, both of you will not even be entering the Royal Rumble!

Show looks worried but Kofi speaks to him off microphone and looks to be reassuring him that they can have a great match and retain their friendship. Show accepts and the pair of them shake hands once again ... Cole smirks to himself on stage and turns on his heels and walks away to leave Show and Kofi in the ring as Foley and Grisham hype up tonight’s big match between the pair of them. The camera switches backstage where Cole is walking along a corridor with a grin on his face after throwing his weight around. He turns into the door marked SMACKDOWN GENERAL MANAGER and heads into his office where we see an annoyed looking Matt Hardy waiting for him ...

MICHAEL COLE
What the hell are you doing in my office, Hardy? Get the hell ...

MATT HARDY
Relax, Michael, relax, I’m here to see you. I wanted to talk to you about my match tonight ...

MICHAEL COLE
What is there to understand? Tonight, Matt Hardy up against Cody Rhodes in a Number 1 contender match for the Intercontinental Championship. The winner will get to face Alberto Del Rio in the near future for the Intercontinental Title. I don’t get why you’re confused ...

Hardy looks at Cole and it seems he isn’t happy about being in this match ...

MATT HARDY
Michael, I don’t wish to dis-respect the Intercontinental Championship, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio or SMACKDOWN but ... I’m not interested in being the Intercontinental Champion anymore. I want to be getting set for the Royal Rumble, I want to be making my way up the ranks here on SMACKDOWN in order to receive a shot at the World Championship in the future.

There is the sound of cheers from the crowd for the popular Hardy who looks to Cole expectantly ... Cole muses for a moment as he considers a response ...

MICHAEL COLE
Hmmmm ... TOUGH!

More loud jeers for Cole as he smirks at Hardy who looks even more annoyed now ...

MICHAEL COLE
I don’t understand why everybody thinks they can question my authority tonight, first Big Show, now you. I am the SMACKDOWN General Manager, I am in charge of this show. And I am telling you, Hardy, to go out there, face off with Cody Rhodes and do your best to win the match and earn yourself an Intercontinental Championship match. And if you don’t win the match, Hardy, do you know what I’ll do?

Hardy stares at Cole waiting for the answer ...

MICHAEL COLE
I won’t enter you into the Rumble match. So, if you want to enter the Royal Rumble, you better become the Number 1 contender for the Intercontinental Championship. Am I understood?

Hardy scowls at Cole but realises there is no use arguing and he storms out of the General Manager’s office ... Cole looks content as he sits down on his desk with a smile on his face ...

MICHAEL COLE
SMACKDOWN General Manager taking charge ... Vintage Michael Cole!

The cameras return to the ring and Tony Chimel announces that the next match is the Number 1 contender match for the Intercontinental Championship as mentioned by Cole just moments ago ...

*** SMOKE AND MIRRORS ***

Marietta, Georgia | 223 pounds
CODY RHODES

Rhodes makes his way towards the ring after checking his appearance in the mirror on the stage and apparently making the decision that he looks good. Rhodes is dismissive of the WWE fans in the walkway and he runs up the ring steps before entering the ring and taunting the crowd over his looks as well as signalling that he is going to become the future Intercontinental Champion after he defeats Matt Hardy here tonight ...

*** LIVE FOR THE MOMENT ***

Cameron, North Carolina | 235 pounds
MATT HARDY

A good reception for Hardy although he looks far from happy as Grisham and Foley recall the previous altercation with the SMACKDOWN General Manager, Michael Cole, where Hardy was forced to compete in this Number 1 contender match for the Intercontinental Championship. Foley reminds us that, even though Hardy would prefer to chase the World Championship, he has to compete tonight and win a shot at the Intercontinental Title or else he loses his place in the Royal Rumble in just over two weeks time. Hardy steps into the ring and looks set to take out his frustrations on the ‘Dashing’ one in this match that he dare not lose ...

MATCH 2 | NUMBER 1 CONTENDER MATCH (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP)
CODY RHODES vs. MATT HARDY

An even match between one of SMACKDOWN’s veterans and a younger up and coming superstar that sees both men have spells in control of the contest. Rhodes’ nasty side certainly shows as he halts Hardy’s early momentum by pulling down the top rope and causing Hardy to topple head first over the rope and outside the ring where he crashes into the barriers. Rhodes utilises the referee’s count – and his lenient side – as he rams Hardy into the barricades and the ring posts on the outside to try and take the momentum away. Once he rolls Hardy back into the ring, Rhodes proceeds to physically dissect Hardy and looks to be inching closer to victory and a date with Alberto Del Rio in the near future. However, an attempted Cross Rhodes fails and Hardy reverses into a Side Effect to regain the upper hand. A leg drop from the top by Hardy misses and Rhodes just fails with a surprise roll up before looking to bash the lights out of Matt in the corner as he connects with big right hands. Things look bleak for Matt when Rhodes springboards from the rope and connects with a devastating kick – BEAUTIFUL DISASTER KICK! Rhodes makes the cover but it is not enough as Matt manages to grab the bottom rope and break the count much to the dismay of Rhodes who is livid with the referee. As Rhodes argues with the ref, Hardy sneaks up and rolls him up for a 2-count before taking advantage of Rhodes’ being off-guard and whipping Rhodes to the corner, hitting a clothesline and following up with a Bulldog. Hardy heads up the ropes in the corner and he hits the Hardy pose – which prompts a reminder from Foley that Matt’s brother Jeff Hardy will be returning soon – before a Hardy Leg Drop from the top rope. Hardy gets a 2-count again but he appears to be ready now and he waits for Cody to stagger up ... TWIST OF FATE! HARDY HITS THE TWIST OF FATE!

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER
MATT HARDY (6:56)

Hardy rolls out of the ring with a look of annoyance still in his eyes as he heads up the ramp. He slaps hands with some fans and raises his hand in victory as Grisham hypes up a future Intercontinental Championship match with Alberto Del Rio as well as Matt’s now confirmed place in the Royal Rumble. Matt backs away up the ramp but is suddenly attacked from behind with a clothesline to the back of his head and shoulders. The camera swivels round and Alberto Del Rio is staring at the floored Hardy with an evil smile on his face. Hardy hit the ramp hard and he struggles back up just in time for Del Rio to stand back and watch as Cody Rhodes – upset at his loss – sets him up and hits the Cross Rhodes on the steel. Jeers and boos are echoing around the arena but Del Rio smirks and laughs before grabbing Hardy’s arm and locking in the deadly Cross Arm Breaker as well. Hardy is squirming and looks to be in tremendous pain as Del Rio synchs it in harder and Matt is forced to tap out to the Mexican. However, he refuses to release and Hardy looks to be in danger of injury here as he taps out further. Eventually, Del Rio heeds the advice of the officials who pour out from backstage and releases the submission hold before standing over Hardy. His announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez, hands him a microphone and Del Rio looks set to speak as he stands over the writhing Hardy ...

ALBERTO DEL RIO
My name ... My name is Alberto Del Rio ... But you already knew that! You also know that I am the Intercontinental Champion ... And it is my destiny to be the greatest Intercontinental Champion ... of all time. It is also my destiny to win the Royal Rumble ... and go to WrestleMania to challenge for the World Championship as well. Matt Hardy ... he is a nobody, a él no es nadie, he will never beat me for this Intercontinental Championship ...

Del Rio holds the title belt high over his head ...

ALBERTO DEL RIO
... And he will not beat me in the Royal Rumble either. Next week, on SMACKDOWN, Michael Cole has told me we will have our match for this title ... and you, Matt Hardy, you will lose ...

Del Rio stomps hard in the stomach of Hardy before holding the title up high again and stepping away, backing up the ramp as the medics check on Matt’s condition ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN vs. RAW 2011!

In stores now!
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with a replay from this week’s NXT where Chip Butty appeared on the show to announce a ‘revamp’ of the Tag Team division ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXT, LAST TUESDAY
*** POPPIHOLLA ***

WWE Owner
CHIP BUTTY

Another mixed reaction for the owner too as he heads out wearing a suit and smiling and waving to the fans. Butty climbs into the ring and shakes hands with the Tag Team Champions before asking if he can borrow one of their belts. As his music fades, Butty holds up Ryder’s Tag Team Championship belt and begins to speak. He says that the Tag Team Championships are a title to be proud of – they have been held by some of the greatest performers ever seen in the WWE. Butty lists the great Tag Team Champions of the past – from the original champions, Luke Graham and tarzan Tyler to Mr. Fuji and Professor Tanaka, The Blackjacks, The Wild Samoans, The British Bulldogs, The Hart Foundation, Legion of Doom, Money Incorporated, Headshrinkers, New Age Outlaws, APA, Hardy Boys, Edge and Christian, Dudley Boys and Degeneration X ... He says that all of them have been proud to hold these titles and that it is time that the current titles were given a shake up and the Tag Team division reinvigorated ahead of WrestleMania 27. Butty suggests that he wants the very best Tag Teams to compete at WrestleMania and that the Royal Rumble will be the start of it. Butty says that he has identified a number of WWE superstars that will – from now on – purely focus on the Tag Team division and will be aiming to win the titles. At the Royal Rumble, six of these teams will battle for the titles, including the Major Broskis.

Ryder and Hawkins don’t like the sound of five teams challenging them although the WWE Universe seem happy enough with the decision. Ryder interrupts Butty and questions the decision to have five challengers before adding ‘Are you serious, bro?’ for good measure. Butty assures him he is serious and that at the Rumble, we will start to find out who the best Tag Teams are in a Tag Team Turmoil match. Butty reminds us that this means that two teams start and the winners continue on until the end – coming into the match later is an advantage. Butty says that there will be three Tag Team matches over the next three weeks on NXT – the winner of each match will guarantee that they will be given fourth, fifth or sixth entry in the match whilst the losers will end up starting or coming in as the third team and having to win more matches to take the titles. Ryder and Hawkins look extremely worried now but Curt asks who the other five teams will be. Butty announces that tonight we will see the Usos face Cryme Time – big pop for Cryme Time – for a later entry into Tag Team Turmoil. Next week, Ryder and Hawkins will face ... Evan Bourne and Mark Henry! And in the week before the Rumble, the Hart Dynasty will face a newly formed team. Butty says he will introduce them now ... they are called ... THE BRITISH EMPIRE!

*** LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY ***

Great Britain
BRITISH EMPIRE
Finlay, William Regal & Mason Ryan

With Finlay discarding his green Irish colours in favour of red, white and blue British colours and carrying the Union Jack flag, out head the three members of the British Empire – Finlay, fellow veteran William Regal and the unknown face of Mason Ryan. They immediately are getting heat, there is something about their sneering looks that tells you that this team are not a team who are going to be sucking up to the fans. As they enter the ring, Butty shakes their hands and welcomes them to the WWE whilst the Tag Team Champions look on nervously. Regal takes a microphone and immediately thanks his fellow Brit, Chip Butty, for allowing them to take part in the Royal Rumble Tag Team Turmoil match. He then turns his attention towards Ryder and Hawkins and stares at them – Regal advises them to get out of the ring now. Slowly, Ryder and Hawkins decide to heed the advice and they exit the ring to leave the Empire all alone in the ring. Regal informs the WWE Universe that long ago, Britain ruled the oceans and the world. They owned the majority of it, they discovered half of it and they led the way so that countries like the USA could follow in their footsteps. A ‘USA!’ chant goes up and Regal demands respect and quiet – huge heat already for the British Empire. Regal accuses them of being typical Americans, loud and crass. He says that they should try and be more like their British cousins across the ‘Pond’ ... sophisticated and respectful. Regal introduces the Empire to us – representing Northern Ireland will be Finlay, representing England will be himself and then he introduces Mason Ryan, who looks to be a real powerhouse, a representative of Wales. Regal informs the WWE Universe that only two of them will be taking part in Tag Team Turmoil but they aren’t going to spoil that surprise ... yet. Regal goes on to promise one thing – by the end of the Royal Rumble, the British Empire will begin to take over the WWE with the Tag Team Championship firmly in their grasp. Regal sarcastically thanks the WWE Universe in Alabama for their time and their welcome before asking for quiet whilst the British National Anthem is played in honour of the WWE’s newest tag team. Huge boos erupt around the arena to the disgust of Regal and his team but the British National Anthem of ‘God Save The Queen’ plays ... Another ‘USA!’ chant goes up to interrupt and Regal does not look impressed as it ends. Striker and Matthews hype up the arrival of this new team and speculate that the Tag Team Turmoil match doesn’t sound good for the current champions, the Major Broskis.
*** BRINGIN’ DA HOOD TO U ***

Brooklyn, New York | 525 pounds
CRYME TYME

As the replays finish, we head back into the arena where JTG and Shad Gaspart are in the ring working up the crowd as they prepare for their upcoming match against the Tag Team Champions ... Grisham and Foley remind us of their victory over the Usos on NXT last week that guarantees them fourth, fifth or sixth entry into the Tag Team Turmoil match at the Rumble with Foley suggesting that this could be a fabulous chance for Cryme Tyme to get their hands on the Tag Team Championships for the first time ever!

*** RADIO ***

Long Island, New York | 450 pounds | Tag Team Champions
MAJOR BROSKIS

The usually goofy and upbeat Long Island Broskis head out onto the stage with their Tag Team Championships looking a little wary after the announcement on NXT from the WWE owner, Chip Butty. As they near the ring, a confident looking Cryme Tyme mock them from the ring and Grisham reminds us that the champions will have their own date with destiny next week on NXT as they face Mark Henry and Evan Bourne looking to earn a late entry, just like Cryme Tyme, in the Royal Rumble match-up for their titles. Ryder and Hawkins head into the ring and hand over their title belts to the referee and prepare for their match. As the referee is about to ring the bell though, another of the six teams involved in the Royal Rumble title match make an appearance ...

*** LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY ***

William Regal, Finlay and Mason Ryan
THE BRITISH EMPIRE

The three members of the Empire head out and make their way slowly down the ramp, stopping half way. Ryan is carrying a Union Jack flag and – after their big comments on NXT – they are getting quite a helping of heat as they stand in the rampway watching the ring. With it clear that they are here to watch, the referee is satisfied and rings the bell so that the match can begin ...

MATCH 3 | TAG TEAM MATCH
CRYME TYME vs. MAJOR BROSKIS

Throughout the match, the British Empire remain on the ramp watching the action but they do not interfere at any stage of the contest. Their appearance seems to have affected the Tag Team Champions more than Cryme Tyme who appear much more relaxed during the match. Cryme Tyme dominate the early stages but Curt Hawkins manages to rake the eyes of JTG to halt his momentum before quick tags between him and Ryder lead to JTG becoming isolated. As the match heads towards its conclusion, JTG makes several failed attempts to tag in Shad as well as one occasion when Shad gets the tag and begins a dominating spree but the referee misses the tag due to quick thinking from Ryder. Ryder hits the Rough Ryder on JTG and fails to make the cover as he chooses instead to make a tag to Hawkins who climbs to the top rope ready to finish the match off. Hawkins soars off the ropes looking for the Heat Seeking Elbow but JTG misses and manages to make the tag instead. Shad is a ball of fire as he crashes in and takes out Hawkins and Ryder over and over with big elbows and clotheslines. In the end, Shad hits the BIG BOOT to Curt Hawkins and makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNERS
CRYME TYME (5:28)

The Tag Team Champions roll out of the ring and look shell-shocked as Cryme Tyme pick up even more momentum heading into the Rumble with another big win. Ryder and Hawkins turn to leave and realise that the British Empire are stood in their way. Eyes are locked as Regal raises his brows to the champions before a little sarcastic applause. With that, the Empire turn to leave as Ryder and Hawkins continue to look uncomfortable over their recent problems in the ring ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

THE ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA 27 BEGINS ...

Who will win the Royal Rumble and advance to WrestleMania 27?
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with the Number 1 contender for the Divas Championship, Maryse, in the ring with her music ‘Puorquoi’ playing. The music fades and the French – Canadian Diva lifts the microphone to speak to the audience ...

MARYSE
On Tuesday night on NXT, I proved once again that I am the sexiest of the sexy and the next Divas Champion ...

Maryse points to the big screen and a replay of her pin over Layla, the Divas Champion, is shown before footage of Maryse celebrating with her tag partner, Alicia Fox. On return to the ring, there is some mild heat for Maryse who holds her hand up to block out the looks from the WWE Universe before smiling a sultry but wicked smile and continuing ...

MARYSE
Next week on NXT, I am going to finally challenge Layla for the Divas Championship ... and I will be the Divas Champion again. There are many inferior Divas here in the WWE, I will prove next week that I am the most sexy, the most beautiful, the most amazing Divas Champion of all time.

*** HOLLA ***

Jacksonville, Florida
KELLY KELLY

The popular K2 heads for the ring looking determined to defeat the Number 1 contender and gain some momentum in her quest for the Divas Championship. She waves to the crowd as she skips down to the ring in gold before climbing into the ring. Shockingly, Maryse decides to attack Kelly immediately and she drags her into the corner by the hair and berates her for thinking that she is even in her league. Eventually, the referee convinces Maryse to leave Kelly alone and the Number 1 contender steps back and puts her own hair straight as a determined Kelly gets back to her feet and assures the referee that she is good to go in this match ...

MATCH 4 | DIVAS SINGLES MATCH
KELLY KELLY vs. MARYSE

Kelly starts as a ball of fire as she races across the ring the moment that the bell is rung, firing slaps off with her right and left hands as Maryse tries to cover up. Kelly is clearly enraged by Maryse’s unprovoked attack before the bell and she starts to stomp away at the Number 1 contender until the referee manages to drag her away. This is the chance that Maryse needs and she kicks Kelly stiff in the gut before popping Kelly off into the ropes and hitting a spinning backbreaker to her opponent before ‘wiping’ off her hands to insult Kelly further. Maryse drops to her knees and clasps Kelly’s face hard as she talks derogatively to her whilst squeezing at her cheeks. Kelly squirms free but Maryse hits a spin kick to her as she attempts to get back up to a fighting position. With Kelly back down, Maryse mounts her and starts driving the back of her head into the mat over and over as she looks to wear her down further. Grabbing the hair, Maryse drags Kelly to her feet before hitting a Russian legsweep that drives Kelly face first into the mat. Maryse rolls Kelly over onto her back and arrogantly places her foot on Kelly’s stomach as the referee makes the count ...

1 ... 2 ... Kelly kicks out!

Maryse smirks and goes to pull Kelly up once more but she is suddenly surprised as Kelly rolls her up into a pinning combination of her own ...

1 ... 2 ... Maryse kicks out!

Maryse looks shocked as she gets quickly back to her feet and swings at Kelly again; K2 ducks and hits the ropes before hitting a clothesline to the Number 1 contender and the crowd rally behind Kelly as she looks for a big win. As Maryse looks to get up, Kelly uses stiff kicks to force Maryse back into the corner before hiking up her hot pants and performing the stinkface move to Maryse. Kelly milks the crowd before making her way onto the middle rope and then taking Maryse down with a bulldog. Kelly makes the cover, has she done enough?

1 ... 2 ... NO! Maryse kicks out again!

Kelly immediately looks to hit K-squared as she sets up but Maryse is too quick and she spins Kelly’s leg away. As Kelly spins round, Maryse hits a spinning kick to the side of Kelly’s head. Kelly crashes down to the mat and Maryse poses with her hands outstretched as if to say that it is all too easy. Boos are heard from the WWE Universe as she drags Kelly up once again and sets up for a DDT. Maryse flicks her hair around and hits the DDT ... FRENCH KISS FROM MARYSE! With Kelly out on the mat, Maryse flops back and just lounges against Kelly for the pin ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER
MARYSE (2:53)

’Pourquoi’ blasts out around the arena as Maryse arrogantly poses on the middle ropes and signals that she will become the Divas Champion for the third time – Foley and Grisham remind us that she will challenge for the title next week on NXT. On stage, Layla, the current Divas Champion heads out and stands staring at Maryse in the ring. As Maryse smirks towards the Divas Champion, Layla simply holds the Divas Championship high in the air as SMACKDOWN heads into a replay of last week’s action on NXT ...

*** NXT RECAP ***

*** NXT WEEK 2 ***

A round-up of this week’s episode of NXT is aired including highlights of the following:

MVP saying he is uncomfortable with the way Kaval is being treated by Team JBL but he has no choice

The Rock telling R-Truth that he should cut out the dancing and the rapping

Kaval demanding respect from JBL but getting a beating from Kozlov before Santino rescues him

The Rock asking Great Khali if he likes pie

Drew McIntyre taking Ranking #5 by defeating R-Truth after the Future Shock DDT

Chavo Guerrero owning Vickie Guerrero before defeating MVP to take Ranking #3 before a handshake to close the show

*** CRANK IT UP ***

Standing 7 feet tall | The World’s Largest Athlete
BIG SHOW

SMACKDOWN returns from the NXT recap with a troubled looking Big Show heading for the ring for his rematch from last Friday with Kofi Kingston. Show doesn’t wave to the crowd as he seems to be worried over the match and he climbs into the ring clearly not his usual self. Grisham and Foley remind us of last week when Show’s match with Kofi ended in him being disqualified for use of a TV monitor and then some replays of Show’s comments earlier are shown where Show questioned whether Kofi had the ability to win the World or WWE Championship ...

*** S. O. S. ***

Ghana, West Africa | 212 pounds
KOFI KINGSTON

Looking much happier than he did earlier after Big Show’s apology, Kofi Kingston heads out and his pyro is used this time as green and yellow fireworks are fired into the air. Kofi heads for the ring looking pumped up and ready to make a believer out of Big Show this time. As he climbs the ropes in the corner to salute the fans, the WWE Universe cheer Kingston and it is clear that they believe in him even if Big Show isn’t so sure!

MATCH 5 | SINGLES MATCH
BIG SHOW vs. KOFI KINGSTON

As last week, an even contest as the two friends – after a quick handshake in the centre of the ring before the bell – go at it as Kofi’s speed and agility matches up against the power and destruction of Big Show. The crowd are fully into the match, most of them behind Kofi but a good chunk of them rooting for Show as well, and it is full of highlights as Show narrowly misses with his Knockout Punch on several occasions as well as Kofi springboarding off the top ropes for a huge crossbody at one point to almost get the 3-count. However, the match is even, back and forth, until Big Show begins to show more signs of frustration at his inability to put Kofi down and keep him down. The match spills outside of the ring and the referee is eager to get both men back inside rather than count them out as the WWE Universe seem really into the match and are desperate to see a winner. Big Show tries to go for a Knockout Punch on the outside but Kofi manages to duck below his fist and avoid the contact, Kingston jumps onto the steel steps and looks for Trouble in Paradise but this time Show moves and Kofi fails. As Kofi spins back round, Big Show grabs him by the throat and looks set to smash Kofi into the announce table with a choke slam. Show lifts Kofi by the throat and is about to hit the choke slam when he regains his sense and control and lowers Kofi back down and releases him. Kofi looks up at the Giant warily and as the referee’s count reaches 7, he slides under the rope and into the ring. Show climbs into the ring as well and faces Kofi with a look of a man who came close to cracking there.

The match continues some more and it returns to the back and forth action of before until the referee unfortunately gets caught in the wrong place at the wrong moment. As Big Show looks to hit a huge shoulder block to Kofi, the Ghanaian ducks away and Show smashes into the referee and sends him down to the mat and under the bottom rope. Show looks concerned but then turns back towards Kofi who is recovering in the corner unaware of the referee’s plight. As Show heads towards Kofi with his hands up to explain about the referee, Kofi spins ... TROUBLE IN PARADISE! KOFI KINGSTON HITS TROUBLE IN PARADISE! Kofi hooks the leg of Big Show for the pinfall and the crowd count it out ...

1 ... 2 ... 3!

However, the referee doesn’t count it and Kofi jumps up in disbelief. He looks around for the referee and spots him outside the ring and realises what had happened. Kofi looks down at Show guiltily and realises that he was trying to tell him about the referee when he hit Trouble in Paradise. Kofi heads out and tries to revive the referee as Show groggily rolls out of the ring and under the bottom rope. Kofi is helping the referee up and helps him back into the ring before trying to get him back ready to call the rest of the match. However, Big Show is suddenly advancing on Kofi behind his back ... WITH A STEEL CHAIR! Big Show looks incensed over Kofi’s actions with the Trouble in Paradise kick and he is seething, spit flying away from his frothing mouth as he stands behind Kofi. The WWE Universe simultaneously try to persuade Show to leave it and tell Kofi that he is in danger. However, Kofi is unawares ...

BIG SHOW SMASHES THE CHAIR INTO THE BACK OF KOFI KINGSTON!

Loud boos emanate from the WWE Universe as Show angrily throws the chair under the rope and out of the ring. Still groggy from before, the referee missed the chair shot and the match is still ongoing. Big Show seems to consider his actions for a moment and then he begins to smirk and drags Kofi up from the ropes where he was recovering. Show grabs Kofi by the throat and roars which gets a negative response from the crowd for the first time in a long time. Show doesn’t care, he lifts Kingston high ... BIG SHOW WITH THE CHOKE SLAM! Show makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER
BIG SHOW (10:32)

Big Show stands over Kofi Kingston as the groggy referee raises his arm in victory completely unaware of what actually happened in the latter stages of the match. Show takes the abuse that is raining down on him from the WWE Universe with a enraged smirk ... It appears that Show has made his choice here and has snapped after failing to put Kofi away legitimately before. Show looks down at Kofi who is grimacing in pain on the mat, holding his lower back where he landed from the Choke Slam and was hit hard with the steel chair. Show watches Kofi as he begins to slowly get to his feet and the referee watches as he becomes aware that something appears wrong with this. Show holds out his hand to Kofi and helps him back to his feet before Kofi suddenly snatches his hand away. Kofi lifts his head and looks incensed with Big Show now – he knows what happened there. Show laughs in Kingston’s face though, he isn’t bothered by the looks of things ... KNOCKOUT PUNCH! Suddenly, Big Show levels Kingston to the dismay of the WWE Universe and the referee! Big Show steps over Kofi and exits the ring as the referee checks on Kofi and the Giant begins to walk backwards up the ramp towards the stage as he argues with the abusers of his actions in the aisle. Foley and Grisham suggest that something has snapped in the Big Show to cause this and they both appear to be amazed by what has happened. The camera zooms in on Big Show on the stage and he shouts out that he will win the Royal Rumble before heading out with the camera returning to an unconscious Kofi as SMACKDOWN heads into another commercial ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

CATCH MONDAY NIGHT RAW LIVE!

Catch Randy Orton’s reaction to his Royal Rumble suspension this Monday!
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with Big Show walking with a purpose backstage as he smiles at his actions before the break. A replay of the shocking conclusion to Show’s match with Kofi is shown and Foley and Grisham speculate that the angry Giant has been woken up and that the SMACKDOWN locker room better be prepared for it ... The cameras return to the ring where the lights go out and the arena is bathed in eerie red lights ...

*** SLOW CHEMICAL ***

KANE

The red lights make the former World Heavyweight Champion look increasingly menacing as he heads for the ring ready to address the WWE Universe. The Big Red Monster heads into the ring as Foley and Grisham speculate over what he has to say tonight and how he must be feeling after last week’s SMACKDOWN. Replays are shown that show that Undertaker’s usual mind-games cost Kane victory over the World Champion CM Punk as well as preventing him from confronting Taker after his return match with Jack Swagger later in the evening. Kane is in the ring, still bathed in red light, with the microphone in his hand as the replays finish ...

KANE
You should ... have stayed ... away!

Kane’s eyes flicker with anger as he looks out into the WWE Universe ...

KANE
YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED ... AWAY ... DEADMAN!

An ‘Un-der-ta-ker!’ chant begins in the arena and this seems to rattle Kane even more as he screams at people to be quiet, that his brother is finished ...

KANE
Deadman, I finished you once and for all. On Memorial Day weekend, I put you into a vegetative state, I proved once and for all that I am the Devil’s Favourite Demon ...

Boos and jeers for Kane as he smiles as he remembers his actions ...

KANE
When you tried to come back, I destroyed you again and at Night of Champions, I beat you so bad that you were forced to stay away at No Mercy. Instead of facing me for the World Heavyweight Title, you stayed away, scared, terrified, broken down ...

More heat for Kane who appears to be enjoying himself again ...

KANE
At Cyber Sunday, I defeated you in your own speciality match, Deadman. I locked you in a casket and I proved once and for all that I am the better brother ... that I am the real ‘Brother of Destruction’ ...

Kane laughs maniacally as he recalls the Casket Match from Cyber Sunday in his mind ...

KANE
But you couldn’t just die, could you, Taker? You had to keep coming back, you had to keep trying to please the ‘Creatures of the Night’ here in the WWE. These people don’t believe in you no more, Deadman. They see you for what you are. Broken, beaten, a dying old man.

Another ‘Un-der-ta-ker!’ chant goes up in defiance of Kane’s words ...

KANE
They may chant your name, Deadman, they may cheer you and support you ... but they are deluding themselves. They know what I know. They can see it. They saw your match last week with Jack Swagger, they saw how close Swagger came to defeating you. You no longer inspire hope in these people, you no longer inspire fear into the WWE locker room. You are just another washed up superstar who won’t give up, you’re not the ‘Phenom’ anymore ...

Kane is smiling as the heat continues to come his way ...

KANE
And I intend to finish you once and for all, Undertaker. The time has come. No more mind games, no more deceptions and lies, just you and me in a battle to the death. I know you can hear me, Deadman! The time has come for the Devil’s Favourite Demon to end your career once and for all, the time has come for me to be merciful and put you out of your pitiful, miserable existence. Undertaker ... I ... WILL ... DESTROY YOU ... ONCE ... AND ... FOR ....

*** GRAVEYARD SYMPHONY ***

THE UNDERTAKER

As the crowd go wild and the red lights drop to leave the arena in complete darkness, there is a thud as Kane drops the microphone after the interruption. The titantron lights up and the smoke fills the stage and the ramp as everybody prepares themselves for the entrance of the Deadman, the Phenom ... However, suddenly, the titantron goes black and white and we see a graveyard. In the distance is a shadow, digging a grave, throwing muck away from himself and working hard in the moonlight. As the shadow comes into clear view, it is the Undertaker who is toiling away digging the grave out and the crowd go wild for this. With his music still playing, Undertaker lifts his head and the camera focuses in on his face which has eyes rolled back into his head and the Phenom’s tongue out in typical pose. Undertaker turns his gaze towards the grave and he points to a headstone at the end ... as the camera zooms in, the words shine clear in the moonlight ... KANE ... REST IN PEACE ... The crowd go wild as the camera returns to Undertaker once again. Looking directly into the camera, Taker prepares to speak ...

UNDERTAKER
Little brother, you are correct. The time has come. Next week will be the beginning of the end for you. Kane ... Rest ... In ... Peace!

Once again, the crowd go mad as Undertaker signals that it is time for Kane to be finished as he cuts across his throat before staring menacingly into the arena where we now see what appears to be a terrified Kane looking up at the titantron. Suddenly, Taker raises his arms on the tron and there are lightning strikes in the arena before Undertaker disappears and the lights come back on in the arena where Kane is stood in fear, looking nervously around him. The crowd give Kane more abuse with a ‘Rest In Peace!’ chant and he makes his way out of the ring and up the ramp as SMACKDOWN heads into another commercial ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

ATLANTA, GA

86 DAYS TO GO!
*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

*** MY TIME IS NOW ***

West Newbury, Massachusetts | 240 pounds
JOHN CENA

It is time for the main event as SMACKDOWN returns with John Cena heading for the ring looking confident as he goes up against the Number 1 contender for the World Championship at the Royal Rumble later, Christian. Replays of the earlier comments from Cena are played where he promised to begin an undefeated streak tonight that will take him to a Royal Rumble victory and beyond WrestleMania with the World Heavyweight Championship. The camera returns to Cena in the ring nodding his head at his earlier comments ...

*** CLOSE YOUR EYES ***

Toronto, Ontario, Canada | 227 pounds
CHRISTIAN

A great pop for Christian as he heads out surveying the arena for Peeps and then heading to the ring holding up one finger to signal that he is the Number 1 contender for the World Championship. Foley and Grisham discuss Christian’s comments about Cena being over-confident and believing that he can just show up on SMACKDOWN and defeat anybody to win the World Championship. Foley suggests that Christian is correct about the long list of guys that Cena needs to compete with but he also believes that Cena is capable of defeating all of these guys and proving that he is exactly what he claims to be. Grisham then reminds us that this main event has a special guest referee ...

*** CULT OF PERSONALITY ***

World Heavyweight Champion
CM PUNK

With his title gold over his shoulder, CM Punk heads out to the ring wearing a black and white striped shirt that shows he is the official for this match. He heads to the ring smirking and he enters the ring as Foley and Grisham speculate about his intentions tonight. Once in the ring, Punk stares into the eyes of Christian who eyes the title on his shoulder; however, Cena demands Punk’s attention and points to the World Championship and clearly tells Punk that he will see him at WrestleMania. Punk looks unfazed and he lifts the title off his shoulders and hands it to the timekeepers at ringside before the match can begin ...

MATCH 6 | SINGLES MATCH
CHRISTIAN vs. JOHN CENA

World Champion CM Punk as Special Guest Referee

CM Punk calls the match fair and square in the early stages and both Christian and Cena are slugging it out as they look to earn a momentum building victory heading into their respective Royal Rumble matches in two weeks time. Punk steps back at all times and watches the action, counts the pinfall attempts and does not get involved in any controversy at all. The first spell of dominance arrives when John Cena manages to choke Christian over the top rope with a move that could have led to a disqualification from some referees but not from CM Punk, the World Champion. Cena begins to pull out many of his big moves from his arsenal, a top rope leg drop to the back of Christian’s head seems to have Christian down and defeated and Cena hooks the leg ...

1 ... 2 ... Christian kicks out!

Christian rallies after that and he manages to catch Cena unaware with an uppercut punch from the outside as Cena leans out of the ring. This allows Christian to take Cena to the limits as he pounds away on him desperate to prove that his win last week was deserved and that he would be Number 1 contender without Randy Orton. Christian almost manages to hit the Killswitch on Cena at one stage but Cena wriggles clear and exits the ring for a break – something the 2010 John Cena would never have done! After taking some abuse from the WWE Universe at ringside, Cena taunts them by telling them they can’t see him before dragging Christian out of the ring by the foot in a cheap move while Christian was complaining to Punk. Christian is thrown hard into the barricades at ringside and Cena looks to win with a countout as he returns to the ring and allows Punk to make the count. As Punk reaches the count of 8, Christian wobbles towards the ring and rolls under the ropes to continue the match. Cena attacks and he has Christian down and in trouble as he hits some of his once revered moves despite the boos and jeers that now accompany them. Shoulder block, shoulder block and then a ‘You can’t see me!’ fist drop before he stands back ready to hit an Attitude Adjustment. The crowd are screaming at Christian to get out of the way but he gets groggily to his feet and Cena lifts him to his shoulders ... Christian wriggles clear and pops Cena off into the ropes but he is hit with another shoulder block as Cena regains control. Cena pounces on Christian and locks in the STF instead and Christian is in trouble. Punk drops to his knees and offers Christian the chance to tap out and give up but it appears the sight of the World Champion inspires Christian as he begins to fight and drag his way towards the ropes. With the crowd cheering him, Christian reaches the ropes and Punk forces Cena to break the hold to Cena’s dismay.

Cena isn’t happy and he confronts Punk over it; the World Champion points out that Christian reached the ropes and that he was the referee so he had to break the hold. Cena is unhappy and as he turns Christian almost locks in the Killswitch for a second time – but Cena reverses into a roll up ...

1 ... 2 ... Christian kicks out!

Christian is now back in the match and he hits Cena hard in the face before springboarding off the ropes and flipping Cena over, sunset flip into a pin ...

1 ... 2 ... Cena kicks out!

As Cena gets up, Christian twists him into place and hits a reverse DDT that crashes him down into the mat onto his back ...

1 ... 2 ... Cena kicks out!

Christian is building momentum here and he looks determined to get the win, to force Punk to count Cena’s shoulders down 1, 2, 3! Cena slithers out of the ring again but this time Christian climbs the ropes and delivers a plancha from the top rope that crashes Cena down on the floor outside the ring. Christian rolls Cena back into the ring and shoves him towards the centre before climbing up the ropes again ... Diving Headbutt from Christian! Has he done it?

1 ... 2 ... Cena kicks out at the last second!

Christian looks a little frustrated this time but regains his composure and stands back from Cena waiting for him to get to his feet. As Cena gets up, Christian jumps onto the middle rope, springboards off the rope and looks to hit a missile dropkick. However, Cena sees him coming and avoids the contact and Christian crashes down on the mat. Cena takes a second to recover and then grabs Christian ready for a suplex ... He hooks the leg and hits a Fisherman’s Suplex that leaves Christian down in a pin ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER
JOHN CENA (7:43)

MICK FOLEY
Wait a minute! Christian had the bottom rope!

As Cena rolls to the outside in celebration, Christian jumps to his feet and argues with Punk about his hand being on the ropes. CM Punk claims to have missed it and when the replays are shown, it appears that Punk is right, he never saw the hand on the rope. Christian, however, refuses to accept this and he continues to accuse Punk of deliberately costing him the match against Cena here tonight. Christian can clearly be heard to be accusing Punk of mind games ahead of their Royal Rumble match but Punk turns his back and heads over the ring to take his World Championship. As the belt is handed to him, Christian spins Punk back around and the belt falls to the mat. Christian shoves Punk hard in the chest and the tension rises between the World Champion and the Number 1 contender when suddenly John Cena slides back into the ring behind Christian. He spins Christian around and lifts him up onto his shoulder and is clearly setting up the Attitude Adjustment when Punk shoves Cena over instead. Punk grabs Christian who is disorientated and lifts him up ... GO TO SLEEP! Punk smirks a knowing smirk as the crowd jeer his actions and he then stands over Christian and signals that he is the World Champion. However, Punk is not finished yet as Cena is not impressed with being shoved over on his backside. Cena and Punk stare at each other and Cena points to the World Championship on the mat and then to himself while clearly informing CM Punk that he will see him at WrestleMania. Cena drops down and rolls out of the ring and backs away up the ramp as Punk picks up the title and stares out at Cena over the top rope as he leaves. Christian is slowly getting back to his feet though now and he grabs Punk unawares – KILLSWITCH! CHRISTIAN HITS THE KILLSWITCH TO CM PUNK! Christian stands over Punk and puts his foot on his chest and counts out ... 1 ... 2 ... 3! The WWE Universe cheer Christian as John Cena stands watching on the stage and SMACKDOWN ends with three of its top stars in confrontation over the biggest prize on the show ...

***** END OF SHOW *****

CONFIRMED MATCHES

WWE Championship
Wade Barrett (c) vs. Triple H

World Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. Christian

Tag Team Championship - Turmoil Match
Major Broskis (c) vs. Usos vs. British Empire vs. Cryme Tyme vs. Hart Dynasty vs. Evan Bourne & Mark Henry

30-man Royal Rumble match
Winner will get to challenge for WWE/World Championship at WrestleMania 27

Last edited by GCB; 02-12-2012 at 02:33 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome