Wrestling Forum banner

Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

• Wrestlers Draw

Votes: 251 39.5%
  • WWE Brand draws

Votes: 384 60.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.

**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

987K views 9K replies 852 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
For a list of the weekly rating dating back to January, please click here:

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2012-tv-ratings/

RATINGS BREAKDOWN FOR THIS WEEKS RAW 4/9

Raw on 4/9 did a 3.10 rating and 4.29 million viewers. The show was third for the night on cable. The show did a 2.4 in Males 12-17, 2.7 in Males 18-49, 1.0 in Girls 12-17 and 1.1 in Women 18-49 with a 69.3% male skew. It was down 21% from the 5.46 million viewers of the week after Mania show last year, and last year there was no bombshell along the lines of the Brock Lesnar return on the night after Mania show.

In the segment-by-segment, Brodus Clay & Santino Marella vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger lost 99,000 viewers.

Backstage with Laurinaitis with Miz an Cena, Marella looking for the Three Stooges and R-Truth vs. Cody Rhodes gained 255,000 viewers.

Lord Tensai vs. Yoshi Tatsu lost 415,000 viewers.

The mic work between C.M. Punk and Chris Jericho in the top of the hour segment gained 379,000 viewers to a 3.19.

Punk vs. Henry and the post-match with Jericho pouring beer all over Punk, as well as the quick Del Rio vs. Ryder match lost 169,000 viewers.

The Three Stooges in-ring segment lost 240,000 viewers and was the low point of the show at 2.90.

The Brock Lesnar interview gained 423,000 viewers.

And the Cena vs. Otunga match with Lesnar run-in gained 301,000 viewers, which is a very weak overrun number, finishing at 3.42.

#2,112 ·
They went up by ten thousand viewers. For your go-home show to WrestleMania, that's alarmingly poor. And the year-on-year comparisons look embarrassing:

Hour 1 - 4.999m
Hour 2 - 5.396m

Hour 1 - 4.141m
Hour 2 - 4.869m
- previous weeks had over 5 million, I think this may have clashed with Impact

Hour 1 - 5.445m
Hour 2 - 6.231m

Hour 1 - 4.438m
Hour 2 - 4.448m

#2,117 ·
They are banking on the youtube friday thing and the week long special.
No wonder they kept saying they were gonna hit 1.3million for this mania... Vince got some tricks up his sleeve

Don't forget UFC gets shit ratings and they get huge buys
WCW would get good ratings and do horrible buyrates

#2,111 · (Edited)
What is that, like a 3.1?

WWE is goin' down after WrestleMania bro's :lmao

Shame too, I had money saved up for Mania 29 :(

EDIT: WOW, that's actually a monstrous viewership for the special. Even if the RAW viewership was less then spectacular, glad to see people are at least interested in Rock/Cena (Y)

#2,113 ·
The ratings have been terrible for this RTWM, no two ways about it. I know buyrates and ratings aren't always correlated but when you have more than one million less viewers than you had the year before it doesn't look good for this year's number. I honestly think they will do less than a million buys globablly, the interest in the product just isn't there it seems

#2,116 ·
I think the ratings would of been way up if they held off announcing the Cena/Rock match for the year. Maybe announcing it with 6 weeks to go, that would of been a ratings spike.

But they have earned a ton of money off announcing it a year out, with record breaking ticket sales and a likely 1 million buys. So, they haven't lost.

#2,118 ·
Interesting numbers year by year. Last year of course had Rock when he was still red hot off his return, so the fact the second hour drew over 6 million shouldn't be surprising (also it was the Taker/HHH/HBK segment on that show that was great as well). I'm sure the 2010 show would've been a bit better without Impact being there, but this year there really is no excuse. I suppose the absence of Taker, HHH, and HBK hurt the overall rating a bit, but they didn't get anywhere near 5 million in either quarter. Though the Rock/Cena special doing well is a good sign, and perhaps they did over 5 million at the end, the overall number is definitely way too low for the final Raw before WM.

#2,121 ·
like ive been saying for weeks ...this comes down the fact that wwe is going back to the older stars that fans like myself are sick of ...fans want newer faces at the top in main event matches and main event feuds ...not rock/cena which was basically last year wm main event anyway as miz was just a sideshow and tripleh /undertaker for the 3rd time at wrestlemania ....only 1 new star is in 3 of the top matches at wrestlemania

and you combine that with just a terrible terrible build for wrestlemania and this is the ratings you end up with

#2,122 ·
Really shitty numbers, but I still don't agree with people who are saying the numbers are going to be even worse after Mania. I think they'll be practically the same. A couple of months ago when Rock, Michaels, Haitch and Undertaker were nowhere to be seen, and closing shows with Punk and Johnny Ace, they were doing just as good and sometimes even better numbers than the go home show for Wreslte fucking Mania. I think they'll be fine after 'Mania. It's just weird how badly Rock/Cena is drawing.

#2,123 ·
Ratings dont mean that much in this case, they will still get MASSIVE buys for WM just because its Cena/Rock.

The youtube thing on Friday should be good publicity.

Still, once WM is done and Rock is gone, and the rest of the AE guys are finished, WWE is pretty fucked unless they make new stars quickly.

Mid-90's hell here we come.

#2,125 · (Edited)
-The rating for Raw, which as previously reported was a 3.04 is the lowest since February 13th. The show ranked #1 in total viewers on cable TV last night and saw increases in most male demographics. It did take another hit among males 12 -0 17, scoring the lowest rating in that demo since January 16.

Last year's Raw before WrestleMania did a 3.81 rating with 5.84 million viewers, while two years ago it did a 3.24 rating and averaged 4.51 million viewers.

3.04 is fucking brutal for the go home show. But this is what happens when you have brodus freaking clay dancing on the Wrestlemania go home show. They deserve this.

They are taking over the Youtube homepage ads for a whole day. Good publicity.

#2,133 ·
WWE allowed it to the reach the point where no one cares bout Cena/Rock. Just piss poor booking.

So, I guess Miz=bigger draw than Triple H, Orton and Rock?

Rock didn't bring shit to ratings which shows how much that 1) The past stars only bring short run spike ratings and 2) The newer talent sucks and no one is interested in them or the product as a whole.

WWE wants to do a part 2 and 3? Part 1 is already turning out to be a damn flop. The Rock isn't gonna draw in 2012. The Rock isn't what the people want in 2012. What they want is REASON to watch wrestling. Good characters, good feuds.

RAW was complete shit last night. It felt more like the road to Capitol Punishment rather than the Road To Wrestlemania. Just no reason to look forward to the PPV at all.

#2,135 ·
WWE allowed it to the reach the point where no one cares bout Cena/Rock. Just piss poor booking.

So, I guess Miz=bigger draw than Triple H, Orton and Rock?

Rock didn't bring shit to ratings which shows how much that 1) The past stars only bring short run spike ratings and 2) The newer talent sucks and no one is interested in them or the product as a whole.

WWE wants to do a part 2 and 3? Part 1 is already turning out to be a damn flop. The Rock isn't gonna draw in 2012. The Rock isn't what the people want in 2012. What they want is REASON to watch wrestling. Good characters, good feuds.

RAW was complete shit last night. It felt more like the road to Capitol Punishment rather than the Road To Wrestlemania. Just no reason to look forward to the PPV at all.
Completely agree. I believe it was Scrilla that said the WWE doesn't know how to book for 4-6 weeks of build and he was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.