Wrestling Forum banner

Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

• Wrestlers Draw

Votes: 251 39.5%
  • WWE Brand draws

Votes: 384 60.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.

**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

987K views 9K replies 852 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
For a list of the weekly rating dating back to January, please click here:

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2012-tv-ratings/

RATINGS BREAKDOWN FOR THIS WEEKS RAW 4/9

Raw on 4/9 did a 3.10 rating and 4.29 million viewers. The show was third for the night on cable. The show did a 2.4 in Males 12-17, 2.7 in Males 18-49, 1.0 in Girls 12-17 and 1.1 in Women 18-49 with a 69.3% male skew. It was down 21% from the 5.46 million viewers of the week after Mania show last year, and last year there was no bombshell along the lines of the Brock Lesnar return on the night after Mania show.

In the segment-by-segment, Brodus Clay & Santino Marella vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger lost 99,000 viewers.

Backstage with Laurinaitis with Miz an Cena, Marella looking for the Three Stooges and R-Truth vs. Cody Rhodes gained 255,000 viewers.

Lord Tensai vs. Yoshi Tatsu lost 415,000 viewers.

The mic work between C.M. Punk and Chris Jericho in the top of the hour segment gained 379,000 viewers to a 3.19.

Punk vs. Henry and the post-match with Jericho pouring beer all over Punk, as well as the quick Del Rio vs. Ryder match lost 169,000 viewers.

The Three Stooges in-ring segment lost 240,000 viewers and was the low point of the show at 2.90.

The Brock Lesnar interview gained 423,000 viewers.

And the Cena vs. Otunga match with Lesnar run-in gained 301,000 viewers, which is a very weak overrun number, finishing at 3.42.

#1,200 ·
Well, they were saved from oblivion by HBK/Triple H promo and Undertaker video segment. Not surprising.

How can a show this close to Mania open at a 2.9?
I'm not sure, exactly, but I'm thinking a combination of the previous week's Raw being very uneventful combined with the image of the Elimination Chamber participants standing behind podiums somehow turned a lot of people off. Oh, and the dog show. :rolleyes:

What a sad number. The Nitro where Russo won the WCW Championship got a 2.9 facing competition.
Yes, but a 2.9 back then and a 2.9 now aren't exactly the same thing. There are a lot more choices in television viewing for people in the realm of cable today.

However, it's still not a good rating and it's particularly dispiriting, I imagine, for WWE considering the time of year. At this point, they just have to create the closest thing they can to a cliffhanger of a pay-per-view that gets people excited and wanting to tune in to Raw on Monday night, and just build from there for the rest of the way to Wrestlemania.

#1,201 ·
It's looks like that Taker/HHH storyline is doing great,it's always the highest segment in last 3 weeks.
Punk can't draw.

#1,206 ·
lets face it IWC

Punk cant draw, he lost viewers after two segments with big loses. I am a big fan of the guy, but he is apparently only appealing to hardcore wrestling fans, which is why he is selling so much merch. Suprised Cena did not gain more, but to be fair the story line is stupid, the need to step it up, but at least Rock is coming back so that would, help with both him and HHH, and Cena to draw people in.

#1,207 ·
Well, nice to see the whole Taker/HHH build up is drawing, as HBK/HHH's segment with the vid at the end proves. Unfortunately, the rest of the show didn't do so hot.

People need to keep in mind the Punk/Miz match was Q4, and didn't reach the overrun. Now considering it was a Punk match, I wouldn't expect it to draw well anyway, but just keep that in mind.

#1,218 ·
This is no surprise though. Punk is not a draw. HBK's return drew huge ratings. Lets see what the ratings are next week for HHH/Taker build-up without HBK.
Probably approximately the same, because the primary draws in this program, in descending order, are Triple H, then The Undertaker and then Michaels is a distant third, though he's obviously going to benefit by being a "special attraction" (though you could argue that Trips and Taker behoove from that general moniker, but to a considerably lesser extent--and especially in the case of Triple H who's been back, on and off, since midsummer).

The writing to the angle is helping it a lot as well. Having Undertaker issue the challenge to Triple H? Brilliant twist. The new wrinkle of Triple H not wanting to destroy the Taker brand because it's good for business? Genius. The writers can't be coming up with this, it has to be all Triple H and Undertaker.

#1,213 ·
I really wonder why Punk's segments get low ratings. I enjoy him as WWE Champ and find him entertaining. Unless it's all the Little Jimmies that don't feel the same way and they change the channel. This is not encouraging at all. At least Daniel "Ratings" Bryan didn't lose viewers.

#1,217 ·
LOL, HHH/HBK segment draw more than what Jeri'no draw'show and Punk even though their segment was not at the start. Infact HHH/Taker segments in the last 3 weeks out draw all other current feuds. Just shows that the casuals have much more interest in HHH/Taker III and these veterans than any other story unlike the IWC smarks who find their feud boring.

#1,219 ·
Breakdown:

Q1 - 2.93 rating / 3.96 million
Q2 - 2.89 rating / 3.91 million
Q3 - 2.88 rating / 3.89 million
Q4 - 2.94 rating / 3.98 million
Q5 - 3.60 rating / 4.80 million
Q6 - 3.00 rating / 4.18 million
Q7 - 2.85 rating / 3.86 million
Q8 - 2.80 rating / 3.72 million
Overrun - 3.10 rating / 4.23 million

Yes, Punk vs Miz was the lowest rated segment on the entire show.

#1,220 ·
Breakdown:

Q1 - 2.93 rating / 3.96 million
Q2 - 2.89 rating / 3.91 million
Q3 - 2.88 rating / 3.89 million
Q4 - 2.94 rating / 3.98 million
Q5 - 3.60 rating / 4.80 million
Q6 - 3.00 rating / 4.18 million
Q7 - 2.85 rating / 3.86 million
Q8 - 2.80 rating / 3.72 million
Overrun - 3.10 rating / 4.23 million

Yes, Punk vs Miz was the lowest rated segment on the entire show.
Ouch.

#1,223 ·
Quarter 1: Show opened at a 2.9
Q2: Lost 49,000 viewers (Chris Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston)
Q3: Lost 24,000 viewers (Backstage shenanigans with John Cena and Zack Ryder; John Laurinaitis and David Otunga)
Q4: Gained 93,000 viewers (Big Show vs. Randy Orton)
Q5: Gained 822,000 (return of Michaels, Triple H, Undertaker video) to take the show to a 3.6
Q6: Lost 621,000 viewers (Dolph Ziggler vs. R-Truth)
Q7: Lost 320,000 viewers (Tamina Snuka vs. Brie Bella; Eve walking into the back of an ambulance & ensuing snog with Cena)
Q8: Lost 139,000 viewers (C.M. Punk vs. The Miz) to do a 2.8.
Over-run: Gained 505,000 (Kane zooming Ryder off a 3ft stage) viewers to close out on a 3.1.
What a sad breakdown in February, open at 2.9? horrendous. Jericho lost only 49k so that's great for this time slot, Show/Orton gained on a random slot is also great but not surprising, Show was always a decent TV draw like he proved on SD and Orton is the second biggest name and star in the business. Punk/Miz did the lowest rating of the night, abysmal, again this is the lowest rated champion on RAW without competition since 95 and I'm sure that even then, they were not so miserable as TV draws. Would be funny to see if Meltzer is doing a comparison and where Punk is, but like I said, it's top 5 for sure. After WM when the real stars are not busy, he will not be near this title, in fact he's probably going to SD.

HBK/HHH was a great segment and good to see they gain, It's not a surprise because I was going to say a 4.0 for a HBK/HHH segment, 20 minutes without commercials for the first time in over a year but if you look at the show's average, it's a great gain, not a great number but a great gain. HBK was always a good attraction and he proved it here again. Probably the best segment of the year so far.

#1,224 · (Edited)
I'm really not surprise who really wants to see Miz on the ring the guy is terrible. Punk/Christian, Punk/Bryan, Punk/Jericho Punk/Morrison even Punk/Tyson Kidd can draw. The Miz is the most talentless guy in the ring on this roster.

Edited: Shut up Rock316AE you said it before that this is the worst roster. So don't blame Punk when the roster is shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.