Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE: A Strong Response

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2012, 05:43 AM   #1553 (permalink)
Nige™
Team GB

Nige™ 17001 - 17500Nige™ 17001 - 17500Nige™ 17001 - 17500Nige™ 17001 - 17500Nige™ 17001 - 17500Nige™ 17001 - 17500Nige™ 17001 - 17500Nige™ 17001 - 17500Nige™ 17001 - 17500Nige™ 17001 - 17500Nige™ 17001 - 17500
Default Re: WWE: A Strong Response

Huge Royal Rumble News!

Earlier today we learned of plans coming out of the Survivor Series and moving forward, including a massive spoiler for the Royal Rumble in two months.

The company are planning to celebrate the year of the 25th anniversary of WrestleMania, not just the event itself, starting with the Rumble.

Spoiler for Rumble Plans:
For the first time ever, one of the world titles will be defended in the Royal Rumble match and the winner will go on to the WrestleMania main event to defend the title. Right now it’s not been decided which title will be on the line but both brands will be represented in the match, meaning a superstar from the opposing roster could take possession of their rival brand’s title.

Plans have been touted for both world champions and a decision will be made very soon as to which option creative will go with.

We’ve also learned that at WrestleMania there will be a triple main event including both world title matches and an absolute ‘blockbuster’. The word is that both Shawn Michaels & The Undertaker will be part of those matches and both are strongly considering retiring after the event. John Cena, Triple H & CM Punk will also be part of the major plans, and a triple threat match for the WWE Championship between The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels & Triple H was also discussed but it appears that plan has been dropped, although it is still considered an option.

The Hall of Fame will induct eight new members and they will be announced in the build up, after the Royal Rumble. We understand that one of the men being considered for a Hall of Fame spot will be part of the WrestleMania card but probably not as an active competitor.

On a separate point, following Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley’s appearance at the Survivor Series in a segment with CM Punk, we’ve heard that she will be appearing on Smackdown for at least until the end of the year in what will be a big storyline with the World Heavyweight Champion.

I wanted to post this today after reading that maybe a major twist in the Rumble match. I’ve had this planned for months and will be sick if the Punk/Ziggler match ends in a screw-job and the title is on the line in the Rumble. My storylines heading in to WrestleMania revolve around the outcome of the Rumble and I don’t want to change those plans, plus I wanted to do something big.

Also, just a quick note to say I’ll be posting all shows up to and including Night of Champions in recap form as I want to pick up the pace and get to 2009. Progress has been really slow this year for numerous reasons. Raw’s written and Smackdown is almost done. Raw will be up in the next week.

Nige™ is offline   Reply With Quote