Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#7,791 ·
Which Equinox do you speak of - Vin or Jimmy? I never had a problem with either. Then again, I'm probably Vin Gerard's number one fan if I'm being honest.

Set is stellar going by the matches on it. Never bothered owning it since I'm intent on owning every show from 2010. It was my personal favorite year by Chikara so having to own and be able to relive everything is a must. (BDK angle...ah. the best IMO <3)

why did I have to get a new computer and lose all of those precious downloads. :( At least I own Chikarasaurus Rex: King of Show. Can relive alllll of that goodness.

#7,792 ·
Jimmy Olsen. He's bad.

Also, this comp needed more of The Colony.

And Pinkie Sanchez used to RULE. Why can't Gabe book him like that in DGUSA? Smh...

Also, I own Best of 2009 too. :)

#7,793 ·
Yeah, that set did lack Colony. Don't know why. They were tag champs heading into the year and did plenty too. Finals vs BDK for example as well as the Claudio/Ares vs Fire/Solider championship change match from Wit, Verve, etc. Why the Unstable vs Portal match from that show made it over that I'll never know. Especially when the wild and awesome Unstable vs Portal match from Chikarasaurus Rex was much better and the blowoff to boot. I guess the complaint is fairly moot. A whole lot could have been on it, imo. Ophidian vs Matt Cross or Ophidian's four way from King of Trios Nights 2 & 3, respectively could have been fun additions too. More Ophidian is what I'm really getting at here, haha. He tore it up with Lince in the semi-finals of YLC -> leading into the GREAT finals as you pimped.

Soooo much goodness from 2010. YES @ the Pinkie Sanchez love. He was the man in BDK. If it wasn't for Donst being there he would have been my favorite. Both of their promos from A Touch of Class were stellar.

Never minded Jimmy much as I said. Wasn't crazy about his push, personally. Always was bigger on Colin though. Not b/c of the great work in WWE either...(lolz) He simply appealed to me more.

2009 eh? Another fine year from Chikara. It seems to be the year I trailed off and on during - have NO idea why - but luckily I caught back up in time to witness the epic BDK formation. All those years of building certainly paid off. Plus, 2009 was the year Danielson finally debuted & The Colony rose to tag team championship glory. :mark:

Didn't hurt having a great Claudio vs Hallowicked & Donst vs Hydra loser leaves town match either. Oh, and MASKS VS HAIR between FIST vs Colony. :mark:

I love that promotion so damn much. :eek:

#7,794 ·
Also, Tursas rocked. Why the hell did he leave?

Also, did Chikara ever make compilations about certain wrestlers and stables, best YLC matches, best CdP matches, best KOT matches and all that jazz?

#7,795 ·
Yeah he did. Great monster for the company. I have no idea why he bolted following High Noon. Much like a lot of the roster. He vanished.

Nope. It's only been best of's from the various years. A best of some specific matches that you listed would rock. I know they'd sell too. Maybe not a KOT one since those sell as a whole show, but certainly the Tag Championships or specific workers. SMV seems to take aim at the specific workers more than the Chikara brand does. Del Rey & UltraMantis Black have received one. I can see a Colony one coming sooner rather than later. Tbhayley, I'm shocked a set hasn't been made.

Oh, they made a 12 Large Summit set. It has all of the tournament matches + Finals on it. So, there is that one out there along with the Best of Years.

#7,797 ·
Yeah, I can't understand how Chikara and CZW let SMV forestall them with all those comps (UMB, Sara, Brodie, etc.) and let them collect money just like that. And those comps are mostly made out of Chikara and CZW matches.

#7,798 ·
Well to be honest I don't know how much most sets would do sell-wise without the shoot interview and since most wrestlers do multiple feds you really can't put them under one company's banner. And the upside to working with SMV is that most of the shows are out at the most two/three weeks from the event and for the big ones just a couple of days.

And in non DDT4 spoiler news both the Unbreakable Fucking Machines (Brian Cage/Michael Elgin) and The Inner-City Machine Guns (Ricochet/Rich Swann) will be wrestling at PWG's All Star Weekend 9 on March 22/23, and they're teasing Trent Barretta making his debut.

#7,799 ·
House of Hardcore 10/6/2012

Crowbar vs Shawn Daivari
*1/2

FBI vs Danny Doring & Roadkill

Jazz vs Winter

Tony Nese vs Anthony Reynolds
***1/4

Scott Steiner vs Luke Gallows
***1/4

Chris Masters vs Hale Collins
DUD

Sami Callihan vs Rhyno
***1/2

Young Bucks vs Paul London & Brian Kendrick
***1/2

Tommy Dreamer vs Mike Knox vs Carlito Colon

#7,808 ·
Jay Lethal's also been added to ASW9.

Gargano/Taylor should do great in PWG. London could go either way depending on if he's in a tag and how much into it he is.

#7,812 ·
Well since there's two nights I could see them doing both a singles match with them each and then as FIST in a tag match.

EDIT: And the main event will be.........

Drake Younger vs. Sami Callihan best of three final - G. Warfare Match.

I can hear it already.

#7,820 ·
:mark:

Oh, PWG...

1. Round 1 – LIGHT TUBE HELL: Jimmy Havoc vs. Drake Younger

Excellent deathmatch. One of the best openers of the year. First time watching Jimmy, and he was really good, a promising deathmatch talent. Drake is insanely over in Germany.

2. Round 1 – RUHRPOTT DEATHMATCH: Mike Schwarz vs. Matt Tremont

3. Round 1 – TLC MATCH: DJ Hyde vs. Toby Blunt

Wait… Another good DJ Hyde match (Tangled Web 5 reference)? Well, color me fucking surprised. This was a prolonged squash, basically. DJ annihilated Toby. Poor kid took a BEATING. It was very well done, damn good match.

***1/2

4. Round 1 – FANS BRING THE WEAPONS: MASADA vs. Greg Excellent

**1/2

5. Jay Skillet Trial Series – Match 5: Jay Skillet vs. Karsten Beck

6. GridIron vs. OI4K (Dave Crist & Jake Crist)

7. Robert Dreissker vs. Are$

8. wXw 16 Carat Gold 2013 Qualifier: Alex Colon vs. Jonathan Gresham

At first, this match was nothing special, just a decent back-and-forth action between two smaller wrestlers. But then, they just kept getting better and better. Mainly due to Colon being awesome, but Gresham was really good too, he surprised me a lot. The crowd was hot for them, despite everyone waiting for a deathmatch main event. The finishing stretch was particularly good. Awesome match. Alex Colon is definitely one of the most underrated Indy wrestlers, every time I watch CZW, he’s one of the standouts.

***1/2

9. Finals – NO ROPE LIGHT TUBE BARBED WIRE DEATHMATCH: Drake Younger vs. Matt Tremont vs. DJ Hyde vs. MASADA

Usually, it’s kind of hard to execute 4-Way deathmatches properly, but the guys did a good job here. Sure, there were few sloppy and borderline messy moments, but nothing major or cringeworthy. Good match overall, and the right guy won. The finish was fucking tremendous. And brutal.

***1/4

Awesome show, with a lot of FUN. The Oberhausen crowd ruled, they helped a lot. The wrestlers worked hard, and this definitely wasn’t a throwaway show. The Drake/Havoc opener was great, it was the MOTN, and the DMOTYC. Can’t decide between Hyde/Blunt and Colon/Gresham for the second best match. Overall, thumbs up for this event. Now I need to find more CZW shows from Germany and England.

#7,819 ·
It's a gimmick match that they know draws with fans. Reseda ate up their first match. They'll eat it up tenfold with the gimmick attached. The ratio of Guerrilla Warfare matches often lean towards great and with this Callihan vs Younger match having an excuse to be violent than previous, I think it could work to their advantage. Of course it's such a polarizing match among fans on here that it could equal out to the same result as Mystery Vortex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.