Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#7,541 ·
ROH Manhattan Mayhem II

1) Erick Stevens & Matt Cross vs Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw ~ ***1/4

2) Jimmy Jacobs vs Mitch Franklin ~ *

3) Hangmen3 (Adam Pearce, BJ Whitmer, & Brent Albright) vs Nigel McGuinness, Delirious, & Pelle Primeau ~ **3/4

4) Davey Richards vs PAC ~ ***

5) Three Way Match
Austin Aries vs Roderick Strong vs Jack Evans ~ ***1/2

6) Ruckus vs Eddie Edwards ~ *1/2

7) Chris Hero vs Claudio Castagnoli ~ ***

8) ROH World Championship
Takeshi Morishima(c) vs Bryan Danielson ~ ****3/4

9) ROH Tag Team Championship - Two out of Three Falls
Briscoe Brothers vs El Generico & Kevin Steen ~ ****​

Remains as a GREAT ROH show. Fitting to take on the name of one of the most iconic shows in the original Manhattan Mayhem. These crowds in NYC were so jacked for the action. Was I the only one who didn't notice the crowd was "dead" for Davey vs PAC? I recall a reaction...

Danielson is the toughest man alive. Generico & Steen bring out the best and remove the general shitty aspects of the Briscoes. Bless them.

#7,542 ·
Shine 4

1. Rhia O'Reilly vs Su Yung
*1/2

2. Brandi Wine vs Kimberly
*3/4

3. Kellie Skater vs Reby Sky
**3/4

4. Rain vs Christina Von Eerie

5. Made In Sin vs Shazza McKenzie & Davina Rose
**3/4

6. Mercedes Martinez vs Santana
**1/2

7. Jessicka Havok vs Leva Bates
**3/4

8. Shimmer Title
Saraya Knight vs Jazz
***1/4​

#7,543 ·
El Generico & Samurai Del Sol vs the Super Smash Bros. - Evolve 18 - ***3/4

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw...ol-vs-super-smash-brothers_sport#.UOBVqqyulrG

Great little sprint, shame about the dead crowd and the slightly botched finish. SSB looked fab, here's hoping they get more Evolve/DGUSA dates. Anyone else think Generico was kind of heeling it up at times? He had a tinge of cockiness to him in this match, and bent the rules a few times, like tying up Player Uno in the ropes when Generico was the illegal man. Not used to seeing that sort of stuff from him, it was quite refreshing actually.

#7,544 · (Edited)
CZW - Redemption

1. Dustin Rayz vs Rich Swann

2. Latin Dragon vs Mr. Tofiga
N/R

3. Irish Airborne vs Greg Excellent & Shane Strickland
**1/4

4. Devon Moore vs Alex Colon
**1/4

5. CZW World Heavyweight Title
Joe Gacy vs MASADA

6. CZW Tag Titles
Rory Mondo & Ron Mathis vs Danny Havoc & tHURTeen
**1/2

7. DJ Hyde vs Matt Tremont
***1/2​

Dragon Gate The Best of WrestleJam Vol 1
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170967179718#ht_500wt_1203

ROH Reborn Stage One
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170967183661#ht_500wt_1203

#7,545 ·
Why you would put yourself through the torture that is Final Battle 2011 on 3 OCCASIONS is beyond me. I hate the double "main event" with a burning passion. Briscoes/WGTT features the worst booking I've seriously ever seen. I essentially gave up on ROH after seeing that shit.

#7,547 ·
I thought that tag match was hilarious. I don't think the double turn was even planned, it was just the fans being sick of all the shit with WGTT. Haas played it up and acted like a heel but I've read posts from here explaining how it wasn't planned. Shelton was gone and returned from the match with an injury, that's a face comeback.

I hated the match when I was there live but also had fun shitting all over WGTT and the show in general. I was frustrated with ROH and it was a good way to let off some steam.

#7,546 ·
Still smh at Steenrico losing to the Briscoes in two title matches straight, if there was a team that deserved to get a fall on the Briscoes it was them.
Why'd they give that honor to Strong/Romero on the bonus match of a ppv.

#7,553 ·
I didn't understand it either. I went into both events (Caged Rage & MM II) thinking Generico & Steen had a good chance at getting a fall on their side or winning the championships in the cage. No go. While Briscoes won every match during that series pardon the Death Before Dishonor sweep, it still ruled. The booking for NRC left a lot to be desired. Maybe b/c NRC was originally being groomed for the gold considering the AOTF win come Final Battle would only last a few shows.

-------------

ROH Honor Reclaims Boston

1) Nigel McGuinness vs John Walters ~ ***1/2

2) Daizee Haze vs Mercedes Martinez ~ **

3) Christopher Daniels vs Chris Hero ~ ***

4) Matt Sydal vs Claudio Castagnoli ~ ***1/2

5) Relaxed Rules
Samoa Joe, Homicide, & BJ Whitmer vs Steve Corino & The Briscoe Brothers ~ ***3/4

6) Colt Cabana vs Jimmy Rave ~ ***

7) ROH World Championship
Bryan Danielson(c) vs Delirious ~ ****

8) Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs KENTA & Davey Richards ~ ***3/4​

Best post GBH V Night 2 show till Final Battle? I'm sure that is a lock. Maybe International Challenge gives it a run for its money. Great show.

~ Perhaps the best opener of 2006 for ROH. Total surprise. Walters looked good and got put over well for the majority. If only they gave him a comeback at the end. It could have been even better. Finish fell a touch flat when Walters kicked out of the jawbreaker lariat only to be hit with another lariat, followed by a lackluster nearfall ---> second Tower of London to finish it. I wanted more. I suppose it being an opener was the logic there. Walters should have returned. Instead years later we get Chad Collyer back. Why?

~ Women's was short...but sweet. Less than 5 minutes the quality dames gave me something I really got behind. Big win for Martinez. Odd it lead to nothing. Solid little match.

~ Daniels vs Hero was about as bad as it could have been. Which means it was still at it's worst a nice competetive & solid match. No complaints yet again. It could have been better, but Hero's work in ROH during 2006 wasn't nearly up to the level he could always give. Pardon his debut match vs Danielson.

~ Classic Claudio + junior heavyweight formula = awesome match. vs Sydal was no exception. It helps when the high flying talent that is working vs Claudio is really good all on their own. MOTN so far and it was the shortest match involving the men yet. Those guys didn't need 11 minutes to make anything special. OWNS.

~ Oh yeah, I was digging the 6 man. It surprised me with it's makeshift indie fusion of incorporating the southern style + heated feud brawling. It had the less than common TWO FIP segments. First Whitmer was worked over, faces regain a bit of control, Homicide loses focus on the match due to his hatred for Corino, eventually the next segment was Homicide being the beaten down chump. JOE~! finally gets the hot tag and things get stiff. Really, really well done formula here. Replace the traditional southern style "face domination" in the early portion with face domination during a 5 minute brawl on the floor and there you go. Quite the surprise. Granted I walked in expecting a good match.

~ Colt vs Rave kept the old school vibe rolling with their match. It was simple. That of which was why I enjoyed it so much. Both have that flavor in which I could see rolling in some promotion from the 80's or possibly 90's in Smoky Mountain Wrestling. Cabana the fun loving face & Rave rocking the STALLING HEEL work. I was digging it. One aspect of the match left me puzzled. Rave got the advantage on Cabana having hitting him in the throat with a...wait for it...TOWEL. Not even in comedic fashion. Colt sold it as if it was damaging too. I've seen some wacky things in wrestling; that goes right on up there. DAT TOWEL ATTACK.

~ Danielson vs Delirious III - yet another great match. Not nearly on par with their match at Ring of Homicide. Doesn't have any negative outlook on this bout. Delirious's comeback was great. He had some brilliant callbacks from the previous matches & Danielson's counter to sneak out another win was sweet. Survivor Series '96 style in fashion of Austin vs Hart. Shame about the crowd oddly dying during this one. Regardless, it rocked. Danielson's title reign was nuts. I don't think he had a match that was lower than ****.

~ Main event was pretty great - if you enjoy the style. Working the tag was able to keep KENTA a bit more fresh than usual. Lots of STRIKES in this. Shocker? Of course not. Aries & Strong being such a fluid team help keep this grounded and it didn't go over the top. Flies on by for 24 minutes. I had fun. Crowd ate it up too. Fitting end to a major sleeper of a show. Out of nowhere with all of the underwhelming ROH events following Glory By Honor V Night Two - Final Battle this shows up. Certainly wasn't a 2-3 match show. Everything was well worth a watch.

#7,552 ·
ROH Showdown in the Sun Night 1

Briscoes/Nicholls and Haste **3/4
Cole/Pearce **
ANX/Young Bucks **1/2
Lethal/O'Reilly **3/4
WGTT/Coleman and Alexander ***
Storm/Bennett ***1/4
Generico/Steen ****1/4
Richards/Edwards/Strong ***1/2

Solid effort from ROH. No surprize really. The first half was just ok, but the second half was really strong. "You still got it" is one of the most overused chants in my opinion, but they were certainly warranted for Lance Storm on this show. I think it's impossible for Steen and Generico to not be awesome. Some of their matches are less awesome than others, but they are all outstanding. The main event was good, but nothing that you haven't seen before.

#7,554 · (Edited)
Well damn, I kinda wanna get that show now since I've passed up on it for years... And I have a handful of matches from Danielson's reign under ****, but I understand what you're trying to say. Shit was great!

EDIT: Just got an email from PWG. the Winter Sale is ending January 1st at 8 PM so buy now! The Adventures of El Generico, Failure To Communicate, & Mystery Vortex have all been added to the list!!!
http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter_2012.html

#7,555 ·
I'd need to see/own all of his matches to REALLY back up that claim, but so far it's pretty damn amazing. DANIELSON. Own the show. I need to myself. I only borrowed it from brother so I gots to own it too. I'm only lucky he owns some shows that I don't. It's quite the advantage :eek:

Damn. If only I had cash on me. I'd no doubt buy Mystery Vortex or the best of Generico set. I've been waiting for the Generico set for years now. Man is GOD in my eyes.

#7,556 ·
Just finished SITS day 1. Davey with so much INTENSITY in that triple threat. :lol Haas just makes me laugh, I think he set a record for telling the crowd to fuck off in this one. Cole/Pearce was fun for what it was, enjoyed the tag gauntlet the most(after Bravado terribleness) probably more than Steen/Generico LMS. Will watch Day 2 when I wake up.

#7,558 ·
The Whitmer/Jacobs 3 way and the Storm match were both great.

The majority of Danielson's 06-08 consisted of **** matches and that aint even hyperbole. There were a few weaker matches during his title run at the start in 05 and towards the end when he was injured but the bulk in the middle all ruled or served their purpose when they weren't meant to be great matches. He had a bangin 2006 in FIP too.

#7,560 · (Edited)
Just ordered Kurt Russelreunion III, All three nights of BOLA 2007, and Mystery Vortex from PWG as part of the winter sale. Was hoping the sale would last longer as I've made a lot of purchases lately, but seeing as it's the last day, and it'll be a year before theres another sale sooo...

Hopefully they don't mess it up. They sent me Threemendous III instead of Threemendous II in my second order, and I've seen a few people say that they received different DVDs than they ordered

#7,565 ·
Threemendous III was over-rated IMO. It was the first PWG show I ever watched, and it was underwhelming. It wasn't bad, but I seen a lot of people say how amazing it was, and it was pretty average by PWG standards.

Morrison/Tozawa sounds decent I guess. Would have preferred to see Dragon Kid, or Ricochet, or Yoshino or somebody who flies around a lot to see a decent spotfest, but Tozawa dropping Morrison on his head also sounds pleasing.

#7,567 ·
I had already gotten BOLA 12, so for my two PWG winter DVD sales, I went with...

Order 1:

Seven
DDT4 (2011)
EIGHT
Steen Wolf
DDT4 (2012)

Order 2:

World's Finest (mostly for Steen wins, but dat 3 way tag + TJ/Scorp goodness seems good)
Death to all but Metal
Threemendous III
Failure to Communicate
Mystery Vortex

*Note* - I basically took a 3 year break from wrestling but have most of the good shit from 2005-2008.

--

Anyways, starting SITS day 2 now. Finished day 1 late last night.

#7,571 ·
ROH Joe vs Kobashi​

1) Colt Cabana vs Claudio Castagnoli ~ ***

2) Three Way Elimination Match
Christopher Daniels vs Matt Sydal vs Azrieal ~ ***1/2

3) ROH Tag Team Championship
BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs(c) vs Tony Mamaluke & Sal Rinauro ~ **

4) ROH Pure Championship
Nigel McGuinness(c) vs Jay Lethal ~ ***

5) Roderick Strong vs Jimmy Rave ~ ***1/4

6) Ricky Reyes vs Pelle Primeau ~ SQUASH

7) James Gibson vs Jimmy Yang ~ ***1/2

8) Homicide vs Jack Evans ~ **1/4

9) Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi ~ *****​

JOE VS KOBASHI FUCK :mark:

Rest of the show was pretty consistent for the majority. I didn't like the tag team championship match much & Homicide vs Evans wasn't anything special, but it was nothing that brought down the quality. Standard great ROH quality from these days. The talent roster here was so boss.

#7,573 ·
PWG Pimpin' In High Places

3 Way Match:
Puma (TJ Perkins) vs. Zokre vs. Phoenix Star: **

Tag Team Match:
Ricky Reyes & Rocky Romero vs. The Aerial Xpress: ***

Hair vs. Hair Match:
Excalibur vs. Chris Bosh: ***

Tag Team Match:
The Ballard Brothers vs. M-Dogg 20 & Jardi Frantz: **1/2

Singles Match:
Samoa Joe vs. BJ Whitmer: **1/2

6 Man Tag Team Main Event:
Frankie Kazarian, Joey Ryan & CM Punk vs. Super Dragon, Adam Pearce & Colt Cabana: ***1/2

Good show, as usual. Commentary was SICK(!):gun: , and Adam Pearce is a fucking boss. No 4 star matches, but still a thumbs up show. And btw, since when is Excalibur the MINDTAKER? :lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.