Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2011 MOTYC Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #3143 (permalink)
Cactus
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Cactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missed
Default Re: The 2011 MOTYC Thread

My stance on spotfests...

Spotfests are your typical action movies. All explosions, car chases and shoot-outs. They waste no time building up characters and jump right into the action. They are very easy to enjoy even if they don't have a deep and complex storyline with well-established characters. However, if every movie was a 'no-brain needed' action movie, I wouldn't watch many movies. I love some movies for the little things in them and wrestling is the same for me. The Kawada/Taue versus Misawa/Kobashi 9/6/1995 tag match is a match filled to the brim with little psychological factors and that's what makes it so great, but if all matches were like this, I'm sure I wouldn't watch that much because it's a match you need a brain to enjoy.

Spotfests are just another 'genre' of matches in the wacky world of wrestling.
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote