Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 01-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #84 (permalink)
Rah
The nightmare's dream

Rah is making a name for themselvesRah is making a name for themselvesRah is making a name for themselvesRah is making a name for themselvesRah is making a name for themselvesRah is making a name for themselvesRah is making a name for themselvesRah is making a name for themselvesRah is making a name for themselvesRah is making a name for themselvesRah is making a name for themselves
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavo View Post
I liked past two episodes of Impact. Pacing of both shows was excellent.

Genesis was good too, with Hardy/Roode being ***1/2, Ray/Abyss ***3/4 and X Division title match ***1/2, as the MOTYC's.

As far as rematches on Impact go, I prefer Angle/Storm as it was only the second of their 4 matches that was really, really good. First back in September was great, FR and Genesis were solid, but unspectacular, while this 4th match was superb.

I might little overrated Hardy/Roode from Impact, after watching it again, I'm lowering it to from ***1/2 to ***. Worth checking out, though. Nevertheless, TNA has begin the year very good, and I hope they continue the year with excellent matches and shows.
Damn, you dropping the rating probably means I should rewatch it, then. Perhaps with good company the match felt better than it did but I'll admit I loved the hell out of it. Sick bump and great selling in the match, too. Hardy looks good in "defeat" and the storyline continues - with which I'm predicting Hardy taking the title at Victory Road for the circle to come to a close.

As for the Angle/Storm matches, though, I agree 100%. Their first match is definitely my favourite but for a TV rematch, Thursday's match wasn't in any shape bad.

Anyway, as Seabs said, these aren't MotYC's. But they did make me happy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitlick View Post
Nah if you listen to his podcasts regularly he hates anything with dangerous bumps or weapons...
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldinhio View Post
I wouldn't listen to a word Meltzer says
I would rather pour acid into my ears than listen to Alvarez's annoying voice nor can I really be bothered to watch podcasts on the whole. That aside perhaps I'm missing something but as someone who absolutely loathes deathmatches I can appreciate, and even really enjoy one that is done superbly. Especially being someone taken so seriously (just stepping through news reports and the WWE section you can see just how much people hang off of his words) surely the onus is on him to thus be as impartial as possible in rating the match? Hell, if he's not willing to do that then at least give the match an N/A or something.