Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #562 (permalink)
Starbuck
Best For Business

Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk-In View Post
Watching the Legends of Wrestling Roundtable on "Renegades & Outlaws" & one thing that Jim Ross said really resonated with me. Paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact quote, but he made a comment about how the majority of professional wrestlers today in WWE are content with just doing what they're told & cashing their check because it's a good, high paying job. No one tries to go out & go the extra mile to climb the ladder of success. No one tries to cause any ripples in the water, or ruffle any feathers, because all they care about is keeping their job so they can get another paycheck next week.

There isn't any passion or emotion in the show. As a viewer, you can tell that the wrestlers are just going through the motions. It doesn't feel like entertainment anymore, it feels like watching people work their jobs. Wrestlers like Kofi Kingston come to mind.

That is a big reason why I would guess the ratings are going down. There's not excitement, intrigue, interest or drama anymore. Every week it feels like the week before. Nothing changes on the show. Outcomes of matches don't matter. The belts are all worthless. The feuds are just place-holders until the next Pay-Per-View.
The locker room has become too nice it seems lol. It isn't full of veterans with egos all vying for a spot. It's full of green as shit rookies who don't want to rock the boat. If you look at some of the people who have received pushes in the past year or so, they are guys who are reportedly going that extra mile and proving their dedication. Miz and Seamus are 2 names that spring to mind. I remember a quote from somebody, can't remember who, who said that when they broke into the WWF, or E lol, that the locker room was 80% vets and 20% rookies. Nowadays that has completely changed. It may not seem like something major but I think it's very significant. People just coming in for a paycheck will keep a company afloat but they are never going to take it to new heights.

Random thought of the day lol.