Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Book thread.

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #571 (permalink)
Xander45
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

Xander45 needs to make some friendsXander45 needs to make some friendsXander45 needs to make some friendsXander45 needs to make some friendsXander45 needs to make some friendsXander45 needs to make some friendsXander45 needs to make some friendsXander45 needs to make some friendsXander45 needs to make some friendsXander45 needs to make some friendsXander45 needs to make some friends
Default Re: The "Book" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCroft View Post
it's hard for me to read a book after watching the movie. Even though the book adds way more than the movie does any suspense is killed for me.
Agreed, and I hate watching films that I've read the book for. I keep thinking "that's not what should be happening" all the way through.

Random example is Dreamcatcher by Stephen King, in the book I always pictured the general as a tough as nails almost Full Metal Jacket esque type of character. In the film he's played by Morgan Freeman, and that just completely ruined the film for me.

I'm currently reading the Night Angel trilogy, it's about an orphan that gets trained to become an assassin. Lots of weird magic, politcal intrigue involved and whores involved, really liking it. I've just started the second book.

Gives me a little break from Terry Pratchett, I love the discworld novels and have been on a bit of a discworld book binge lately.