Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

600K views 8K replies 532 participants last post by  adamclark52 
#1 ·
Unlike HDNet, the weekly broadcasts will air at different times and for those of us abroad, we'll be seeing it at all different times online too, so I guess we can discuss events/happenings here.

Here's the preview for this week.

SBG have brought some great technical leaps since HDNet. The Haas/Benjamin segment with them holding the belts looks real clear, for instance.

Can't wait.

#5,855 · (Edited)
Man, even THAT match overdelivered! Was fun all the way through and had some really nice sequences. *** 1/4

They keep this pace up and Cole/Lethal delivers and we could be watching the best ROH PPV that they've offered since switching to the live national format.

@MarkyWhipwreck swear to god all of our thoughts are identical tonight. :lol Briscoe/Fish will likely be forgettable.
Save

#5,884 ·
Both Briscoe/Page and Cole/Lethal fall in the **** - **** 1/4 range for me and that's a pretty damn good indicator on how the show went. This was even better than last year's Final Battle though because literally EVERYTHING was good and/or watchable. Honestly one of the best shows I've seen all year top to bottom from any promotion. Kudos ROH. :clap

I actually kinda feel bad for not paying for it because here they actually deserved my money. Not my fault I guess that they went on a slump with their PPV quality. :p

Hopefully they continue this quality for the rest of the year.

#5,885 ·
@Corey watcha got ? EDIT - Nvm brother I see haha

Donovan Dijak v. Lio Rush v. Jay White v. Kaimatachi - *** 1/2

Katsuoyori Shibata v. Silas Young - *** 1/4

Chaos v. Bullet Club - * 3/4

Adam Page v. Jay Briscoe - **** 1/4

Kazuchika Okada v. Dalton Castle - *** 1/4

Bobby Fish v. Mark Briscoe - ***

The Addiction v. Naito & Evil v. Tanahashi & Elgin - *** 1/2

Adam Cole v. Jay Lethal - **** 3/4 (Probably am going overboard but I loved the match)

Reactions: Corey
#5,889 ·
In a perfect world, Adam Cole would be the first ever 2-time ROH World Champion.

Reactions: MarkyWhipwreck
#5,891 · (Edited)
PPV is getting universal praise around the interwebs! :proud

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/ring-of-honor-death-before-dishonor-xiv-review-a-return-to-form/
http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/08...honor-ppv-results-caldwells-live-reportfinal/
http://www.pwponderings.com/2016/08/19/roh-081916-death-before-dishonor-xiv-ppv-live-results/

Should be one from 411Mania soon too. If only Cody Rhodes wasn't wrestling some skinny British kid on the other side of the country tonight, more eyes would be on this...

EDIT: Here's the one from 411Mania. Csonka loved it too! http://411mania.com/wrestling/csonkas-roh-death-before-dishonor-ppv-review-8-19-16/

#5,898 ·
I want to like Adam Cole, or being entertained with him, he has great mic skills, he sells his character very well, he nails the little details...but when he's on the ring, something's off with this guy

I loved Cole/O'Reilly at Final Battle...then again, I like Kyle (and honestly, I think he is the better of the 2)
I love Jay Lethal, I wish he could go to WWE, he deserves it.

But Adam fucking Cole...if you like him, fine, but he's not for me. Boring match with Lethal until the last few minutes (and they were spotty as hell)

If this is the best Adam Cole can bring to the table...I guess he is not my thing

Looking foward to being able to watch Hangman/Briscoe, Fish/Mark & BadInfluence/Ingobernables/UnbreakableAce

#5,900 ·
Maybe he's just not your taste in the ring ? :draper2

Cole/Lethal was far from boring and has been getting universal praise as one of the best matches of the year. Cole is a great wrestler, there's nothing "off" about him in the ring.

#5,927 ·

Nice to ROH is starting to bring in guests not affiliated with NJPW.

Reactions: -Sambo Italiano-
#5,941 ·
ROH looks like they're hitting a hot streak tbh. The build to Lethal/Cole was amazing and the whole Death Before Dishonor PPV delivered big time ! Now, Field of Honor is this Saturday and that card looks like it could be even better than Death Before Dishonor !

Reactions: Leon Knuckles
#5,947 ·
I got my tickets for the ROH house/possible TV taping in October and for Supercard of honor XI in April. Sadly I dragged my feet too much for October AND I forgot to sign up for ringside membership to get the presale code so I did not get 1st row for either event. Have to settle for 2nd row. Still gonna be some damn good times. Can't wait.

Reactions: Corey
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.