Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 01-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cactus
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabs View Post
Kohei Sato vs Daisuke Sekimoto - ZERO-1 World Heavyweight Championship - ZERO-1 01.01.2012
Hoped more than I expected for this to be great and it ended up being better than I ever thought it had a chance of being. Sekimoto's phenomenal in it and strangely he always seems to put in his best solo performances when he's working from behind which he is from the chairs spot on the floor onwards. His selling was top notch with all the little things he did like his blank faces after taking a big bump and clenching his fingers. Really liked as well how he did his in part in making Sato look like a super champ by not giving any power moves away in the first half of the match without building to them. Could have done with 5 minutes chopping off in the 2nd third but you know.

Thanks for the heads up. I have this show, but not sure if I can be arsed to sit through all 2 hours of it, not being familiar with Zero-One and all. Anything else worth seeing from it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubz View Post
I'd just like to say that Bryan vs Show from SD was seriously entertaining to watch. Bryan running away from Show was great and I legit thought Show was going to tap out. Also made me wonder if they are going to turn Bryan heel after he got the cheap victory and acting like a douche about it lol.
I second this. It's not a MOTYC or anything, but I loved the psychology in it. I know it's a cliche but it really was a modern day retelling of David vs. Goliath. I'd love to see what these two could come up with at the Royal Rumble. Henry was great on commentary too. He wasn't a one dimensional heel and actually put both guys over and he didn't side with Michael Cole like most heels do. ***1/4
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote