Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)
View Single Post
post #342 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Fabregas
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brye View Post
And then I press the close button.

And my gripe is that wrestling 'fans' have changed to the point where the actual product has come second to the numbers it makes and I just find that ridiculous and I'd love to hear why people care so much. Plus I have to come into these threads anyway.
Why do you think that is? It's because the product sucks so much these days that some of us actually enjoy discussing ratings more than the actual show. And I'm not joking, I'm being dead serious. In fact I'm willing to bet that most of the people who enjoy the ratings threads are the ones who absolutely hate the current product. The ratings are the only thing we can relate to because it backs up our view that the product is terrible.

For the people who do somehow enjoy the current product, of course you don't care about ratings, why would you? I'm sure if I was a smark during the attitude era I wouldn't have cared about ratings either, because I would of been enjoying the show too much, i'd rather discuss storylines and my favourite wrestlers, and thats exactly what I did back then. So you see, this trend of people talking about ratings isn't a case of them caring more about ratings, its more a case of them NOT caring about the show.

"Imagine the worst situation - we lose Fabregas and Nasri. You cannot convince people you are ambitious after that. You cannot pretend you are a big club. A big club holds onto its big players and gives a message out to all the other big clubs that they just cannot come in and take [players] away from you." - Arsene Wenger

Last edited by Fabregas; 01-05-2012 at 09:48 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome