Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Bubz
The trick is to stay alive...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

IWGP Heavyweight Title - Tanahashi vs Suzuki
The fact that this wasn't the same as every Tana match in his reign immediately made it better for me. MiSu dominated nearly the whole match apart from a few hope spots and the comeback at the end and it was awesome. Tana didn't get any pointless leg work in like he usually does and when he did try it failed misserably because MiSu was just a badass cutting him off. I also loved Suzuki winning in every strike exchange until the last one where Tana won and it led to his comeback. This is the first time in so long that the finish in a Tana match didn't annoy me much. I loved MiSu using the enormous ramp to try and gain a countout and I also loved how he played a complete dick all the way through and taunting Tana and the crowd which always led to Tana getting some offense in. The first great match of the year then for me. ****1/4

The show overall was really good imo. Both tag title matches were easy **** matches for me and there was a few ***1/2 matches too in Sugi/Goto and the Nakamura/Yano vs Go/marufuji tag.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome