Wrestling Forum banner

Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

• Wrestlers Draw

Votes: 251 39.5%
  • WWE Brand draws

Votes: 384 60.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.

**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

987K views 9K replies 852 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
For a list of the weekly rating dating back to January, please click here:

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2012-tv-ratings/

RATINGS BREAKDOWN FOR THIS WEEKS RAW 4/9

Raw on 4/9 did a 3.10 rating and 4.29 million viewers. The show was third for the night on cable. The show did a 2.4 in Males 12-17, 2.7 in Males 18-49, 1.0 in Girls 12-17 and 1.1 in Women 18-49 with a 69.3% male skew. It was down 21% from the 5.46 million viewers of the week after Mania show last year, and last year there was no bombshell along the lines of the Brock Lesnar return on the night after Mania show.

In the segment-by-segment, Brodus Clay & Santino Marella vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger lost 99,000 viewers.

Backstage with Laurinaitis with Miz an Cena, Marella looking for the Three Stooges and R-Truth vs. Cody Rhodes gained 255,000 viewers.

Lord Tensai vs. Yoshi Tatsu lost 415,000 viewers.

The mic work between C.M. Punk and Chris Jericho in the top of the hour segment gained 379,000 viewers to a 3.19.

Punk vs. Henry and the post-match with Jericho pouring beer all over Punk, as well as the quick Del Rio vs. Ryder match lost 169,000 viewers.

The Three Stooges in-ring segment lost 240,000 viewers and was the low point of the show at 2.90.

The Brock Lesnar interview gained 423,000 viewers.

And the Cena vs. Otunga match with Lesnar run-in gained 301,000 viewers, which is a very weak overrun number, finishing at 3.42.

#593 ·
Only just managed to see Raw and I'm not usually a complainer, I don't remember me ever slagging off WWE like most people do. But this Raw was fucking awful if I'd of been watching it live I would of given up and gone to sleep. Even the Jericho thing is pissing me off now, I know I'm supposed to be pissed off but it's making me not care about him at all "Oh great Jericho not saying anything" why the fuck would I want to watch that. I can't remember a Raw being this bad tbh.

And the Brodus Clay debut wtf? I know it'll be some storyline of them punishing him or something and eventually he'll be a monster but it pretty much killed any momentum (even if it was just a small amount) he had of being a monster heel.
Anyway, Raw was poor.
Oh and for anyone who says "Don't watch if you don't like it" I probably won't watch alot of next week's show as I'll be skipping any segments/matches that are shit...

/rant

#599 ·
I stay away from WF for a good week and a half, and I return.

And my prayers have been answered. We finally have one thread for ratings. Finally, stupidity can be enclosed to one space.

Thank you Based Somebody.

#600 ·
The viewership and rating for the January 16th episode of RAW are delayed until tomorrow due to the holidays in America yesterday.

I hope it's up on last week, it deserves to be, really. It'll probably be an early 4 million again, but I hope we don't see an hour under 4 million again.

#607 ·
January 16th, 2012
Hour 1 - 4.320m (last week 4.096m)
Hour 2 - 4.258m (last week 3.920m)

Source: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...e-liars-being-human-wwe-raw-much-more/116805/

Last Week
- Hour 1 - 1.6 18-49 rating
- Hour 2 - 1.6 18-49 rating

This Week
- Hour 1 - 1.7 18-49 rating
- Hour 2 - 1.7 18-49 rating

A collective sigh of relief goes around WWE HQ. Still not great numbers, but after last week, an increase and both hours above 4 million even if not comfortably above that mark.

#608 ·
Both Raw and SD went up by .3M viewers from the week before.

Wonder how soon until people say the ratings are cause henry was in the main event(despite the fact that punk was there too,and ppl somehow thinks that he makes a difference in past weeks for ratings dropping)

#610 ·
Yeah. I was expecting quite a bump since there was no football. I don't think these are good numbers at all tbh. I guess they are fine with coasting though since they can bank on Rock returning and boosting everything up pretty soon. The quarter hours should be interesting to say the least though. We got Cena in an unusual quarter hour, we got no powerhouse in the 10pm timeslot which was left to Truth/Barrett/Miz/Seamus and Punk finally got to go off on one again but it wasn't against a huge name like it was before. I'll be looking forward to those lol.

#614 ·
Source: PWTorch
Link: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_57120.shtml

WWE Raw on Monday, January 16 scored a 3.01 rating, up five percent compared to a 2.87 rating last week, but below a 3.10 rating for the 1-2-12 episode two weeks ago.

Raw averaged 4.29 million viewers, up seven percent from 4.00 million viewers last Monday up against the BCS National Title game. The first Monday of 2012 averaged 4.48 million viewers, four percent more than this week's Raw.

Raw continued its pattern of losing viewers in the second hour. The first hour averaged 4.32 million viewers and the second hour decreased slightly to an average of 4.26 million viewers. It marks 12 out of the last 13 weeks that Raw has seen a second hour decline in viewership.

-- On cable TV Monday night, Raw ranked #5 on cable behind History Channel programming and Fox's coverage of the Republican Party debate. Raw did rank #1 among males 18-34 & males 12-17 for the first time since Summer 2011 before pro and college football season began.

Raw ranked #2 among males 18-49, trailing "Pawn Stars" on History. Meanwhile, teen males continues to be on the decline. Raw ranked #6 in m12-17 and dropped to the lowest level since the Fall 2011 season premiere week. Raw's m12-17 rating was one full ratings point below the same week last year.

-- Last year's Raw this week on the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday scored a 3.27 rating and averaged 5.02 million viewers. The first hour started at 4.80 million viewers and the second hour grew to an average of 5.25 million viewers. Raw has not reached that second hour viewership level since the April 11 episode when Edge announced his retirement.

Caldwell's Analysis: WWE continues to bleed viewers in the second hour and, even removing football competition from Raw for the first time in four months, the rating did not increase like it typically does in January. WWE is losing a grip on its future buyers - teen males 12-17 - and just trying to hold on to adult viewers, compared to History Channel, which is dominating the 10:00 p.m. EST hour.
It's a good thing the ratings increased. It should be since football is over I guess. But it's pretty weird to see that on average the WWE almost lost 1 million viewers compared to last year. The big question is what's the problem? Are people just not interested anymore? And if so what are the reasons for this?

#616 ·
Source: PWTorch
Link: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_57120.shtml

It's a good thing the ratings increased. It should be since football is over I guess. But it's pretty weird to see that on average the WWE almost lost 1 million viewers compared to last year. The big question is what's the problem? Are people just not interested anymore? And if so what are the reasons for this?
Because they spent a good amount of time of not building any stars and focusing everything on Cena. They've completely damage their product and now its biting them in the ass.

#615 ·
Its hilarious that Pawn Stars keepings beating them and stealing their target audiance, ever watched that show? its incredibly dull and repetitive yet oddly addictive.
I thought Raw was actually a pretty good show this week, far better than last week, their only chance of stopping this slide is strong enough booking in the period when Rock brings back a few viewers in the run to mania, make the whole show good enough that viewers will want to stick around. Easier said than done though.

#621 ·
Whoever didn't watch missed a great show so it's there loss i guess.

They've had 2 awesome shows in a row now (Well, apart from the Kane/Cena crap) so hopefully they're happy enough with the ratings and continue booking Raw the way they've been doing it the last couple of weeks. They can never seem to keep it consistent though, normally when they have 1 or 2 good shows they follow it up with a shit one

#624 ·
WWE is not as good as it's ever been. It's bad. It's a bad product. It's bad wrestling, bad TV, bad story-telling. Bad everything. I could talk about their terrible continuity all day. Zack Ryder loses his belt despite not being medically cleared. But like less than a month ago, Daniel Bryan wasn't allowed to cash-in his Money in the Bank on Mark Henry because he wasn't medically cleared? There's too many holes and none of it makes sense. It's not about little kids, or parents, or going head-to-head against football, or basketball or NCIS or whatever else. The show is just bad.

#625 ·
The one reason you give for it being worse now is that the logic is flawed and they contradict themselves when they've been doing that since the 90's. I don't know what show you've been watching in the past but WWE/F have always changed the rules to make things easier for themselves.

#626 ·
WWE is as better as its ever been
That's a good one.

Though Raw was actually good this week they hardly give viewers reasons to watch. No matches announced a week beforehand to get excited about, no huge angles to close the show. Whatever they did in the summer and early fall they need to do it here; and even then the product has been so watered down and awful since 2007 they need to keep producing consistently good shows to get viewership back to the mid 2000 levels(4.0s).

Or maybe they need to put the belt on an over heel. Shoulda been HHH/Punk feuding between now and Mania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.