Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)
View Single Post
post #196 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 03:56 AM
swagger_ROCKS
Proud #NewBlack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Re: Ratings DON'T matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brye View Post
Why exactly does it matter to me what a guy that I like draws for ratings. From what I've heard, HBK didn't draw shit yet he's still one of the best all time. Ratings don't dictate whose good.

I don't understand when ratings became more important than enjoyment. Using them as a scapegoat is fucking lame. If you don't like it, say that. But if you have to try to bring ratings into it then you really don't have an excuse.

I don't care about the ratings because I don't happen to own stock in the company and there's no legitimate threat to the WWE. If they're doing what I like, why should I complain? They should know by now that if they change all their ideas around last minute they're not going anywhere.
I think the last part is what he was getting at, that doesn't necessarily mean it has to apply to you thou. If Swagger was champ, and ratings where going down and there was a CMpunk fan who would get on his case about how the title should be taken off him because he just isn't attracting viewers would be their comments most likely. But if the title is on your fave star even though they aren't bringing in viewers then just because it's your fave star it doesn't matter?

I have noticed a lot of people say that the way Swagger won the world title has ruined it for them. And the fact that he jobbed prior to winning it and then all of a sudden wins the title out of nowhere, and is beating people like Orton and Jericho. Then I read DB fans saying that they don't care about how he won the title or how he was booked before he won the title as long as he has it, I am happy. Some people don't seem to understand what they are saying when they say it. They are pretty much saying if my fave star is at the top nothing else matters, but if it's someone I truly dislike, then it's all there fault the product is shit.

KARLA LOPEZ, THE HOTTEST MODEL/ACTRESS ALIVE. Sheamus, Swagger, Wade, Dixie, Cesaro, Sami, DB, RKO, Drew, Del Rio, Cody, Punk, AJ LEE / (STAY STRONG, JTG, AND DREW ) CHAMPviaDQ = Great GFX. Karla in Pink

Last edited by swagger_ROCKS; 01-05-2012 at 04:00 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome