Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 01-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Coffey
Moron

Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I'll be honest, I don't think it's the talent. WWE did this to themselves. For YEARS Vince McMahon has tried to make the name "WWF" (now WWE) the draw instead of the individuals. You go back and look at the territory days and you had posters with the headliners on them. THIS SATURDAY AT THE MURPHY WRECK, BOBO BRAZIL! Things of that nature. Nowadays it's all WWE Presents: and WWE Monday Night RAW feat. Superstars!

So now that people are losing interest in wrestling, they're losing interest in the WWE name, as a brand, and the whole company declines because of it. There's not a name in the company that can increase the ratings solely because in the end, it's just another SUPERSTAR in WWE.

Personally, I'm not enamored with the people at the top right now. I think Bryan Danielson is a great professional wrestlers but he doesn't fit to me in WWE. I like C.M. Punk as a talker but, much like Roddy Piper, I don't care to watch him wrestle. Give Punk a Piper's Pit and I might care. The Miz? Del Rio? Kane? Cena? I just don't care. So I'm not making this statement because I'm trying to make excuses for smark darlings or anything...I just think it's a different era. And I can't say that I'm sad about it. Put on bad TV you deserve the ratings to go down.

And let's not even talk about how antiquated the Nielson system is.