Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - What would Beethoven think of today's music?

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Xist2inspire
Little Poppa Pump

Xist2inspire Xist2inspire Xist2inspire Xist2inspire Xist2inspire Xist2inspire Xist2inspire Xist2inspire Xist2inspire Xist2inspire Xist2inspire
Default Re: What would Beethoven think of today's music?

In actual answer to the question, I think he'd be shocked at the sheer number of different genres and what passes for "popular music" these days. He might also be disappointed at the lack of "true" instruments being used in popular music. As for the new genres I could see him liking, I'd think he'd appreciate Jazz/Classical and the like, Soft Rock such as Coldplay and U2, maybe some R&B, maybe even Neo-Soul, and the lyrical aspect of Hip-Hop, but not the musical content. Pop music, especially the "Tween Pop" style, would most likely horrify him, as would most Rock sub-genres apart from the one I mentioned earlier. He'd label all that as pure noise. Somehow, I can't see him approving of Country, either. He'd probably deride it as "uncivilized folk music," seeing it as similar to music played by other cultures in his time.

The IWC has a bad reputation. Are you a part of the problem, or the answer?

Last edited by Xist2inspire : 01-03-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Xist2inspire is offline   Reply With Quote