Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 12-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #96 (permalink)
619IDH
The Sleeping Giant

619IDH 619IDH 619IDH 619IDH 619IDH 619IDH 619IDH 619IDH 619IDH 619IDH 619IDH
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

Thanks in bunches for the feedback, gents. Melvis, you brought several things to my attention that I didn't think anyone besides me was paying attention to, especially regarding the Lashley/Christian situation, see if I can work into that. Obviously, my original plan of having Ablaze up by the end of the year is null, but perhaps I can get the take-home up by New Years Eve.

But first, one little tidbit of website news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohdubya.com
WORLD ABLAZE GETS A LITTLE TURMOIL

Moments ago, news broke that General Manager Mick Foley has announced that Tag Team Halloween isn't quite over yet! At World Ablaze, he's confirmed that a Tag Team Turmoil match will take place at World Ablaze to determine the new #1 Contender for the AOW World Tag Team Championships. So far, several teams have been confirmed - the Sons of the Dungeon, American Made, Samoan Fight Club, Hooliganz, Low Jack, and the team of Ken Doane and Chris Masters. The Mexicools have not been reported to have been confirmed due to injuries sustained in their tag team match last week against the SFC.
...and now for something we hope you'll really like. Kidding. Just a preview.

The Hammerstein Ballroom – Manhattan, New York City, New York

“We Alone Remain”

With only four days separating Oblivion and true oblivion, a huge main event is unfolded. Following the events of last week’s chaotic AOW Tag Team Championship match, the deal that Chris Jericho and Muhammad Hassan struck still seems to be in effect, with The Mercenaries tagging alongside the AOW Champion Chris Jericho to take on the men they all sought vengeance on last week – their opponents come Sunday, Rob Van Dam and the AOW Tag Team Champions the World’s Greatest Tag Team. And after accidentally, but not apologetically, striking Rob Van Dam across the skull with a steel chair last week, will Shawn Michaels respond before stepping into referee stripes Sunday to decide the fate of the AOW Championship…in an ECW RULES match??

After the psychological tyranny that has been displayed by Christian Cage the last several weeks, it all came to a head last week when the man formerly known as Captain Charisma used a parking lot costume party as cover to beatdown Bobby Lashley once again. Now, Christian has been restricted to a jail cell until World Ablaze is over and one these men is allowed the stay, the other not. But what of Bobby Lashley? Lashley is still not medically cleared to compete, but has put it all on the line to do so at World Ablaze, but this week, we finally get to hear Bobby Lashley’s side of the story. This Wednesday, John “Bradshaw” Layfield conducts his first AOW interview with The Real Deal.

The aforementioned deal that was apparently struck between Hassan and Jericho was originally meant to make sure CM Punk, the rebel rousing, not-so-soft-spoken young talent, didn’t get in the way of things when Punk challenged his mentor, Lance Storm, to challenge Muhammad Hassan again for a shot at the Dynasty Championship. Hassan accepted Storm’s second attempt at his “5-Minute, $50,000 Challenge”, but opted to keep Punk out of the way…by having him face the gargantuan, 400-lb monster that is Chris Jericho’s insurance policy in Paul “The Great” Wright. Will Punk be able to overcome the odds to overcome the monster? Or will Lance Storm go back into battle with Muhammad Hassan alone?

This isn’t all – the tag teams of AOW, after having an entire program to showcase their stuff last week, will be gearing up to do battle again Sunday in the recently confirmed Tag Team Turmoil match! If that weren’t enough, the animosity keeps growing between Bryan Danielson and Gregory Helms, not now just over the Cruiserweight Championship, but now over Helms taking out Danielson’s great friend Rey Mysterio. Will those two come to blows? Also, Jamie Noble declared that he’s “nobody’s stepping stone”, especially not Aero Star’s! How will Star respond, and if so, will we see the luchadore prospect appear for only the second time in an AOW ring?

This is it…the final chapter before the World is set Ablaze! All of the harrowing plots will converge Sunday, but they will all look to gain steam on the final Oblivion they have before the first Great War. What’s gonna happen? Who, alone, will remain? Tune into Oblivion, now with 90-minutes of earth-shattering action, starting at 9/8c only on FX!!

.:Confirmed for Oblivion:.

6-Man Tag Team Match
AOW Champion Chris Jericho & The Mercenaries v. AOW Tag Team Champions World’s Greatest Tag Team & Rob Van Dam

~5-Minute, $50,000 Challenge~
Muhammad Hassan v. Lance Storm

CM Punk v. Paul “The Great” Wright

PLUS…

John “Bradshaw” Layfield interviews Bobby
Lashley

Hope to get this up before the end of the year. Also hope I didn't miss any feedback I owe. If not, Happy New Year's to all.

DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT

AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
.:Origins & Endings NOW POSTED!!:.
619IDH is offline   Reply With Quote