Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Official BTB Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #2656 (permalink)
Emperor DC
Usertitle ist hier

Emperor DC Emperor DC Emperor DC Emperor DC Emperor DC Emperor DC Emperor DC Emperor DC Emperor DC Emperor DC Emperor DC
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

What you just described under that second quote is me, word for word. Seriously.

I have always and will always hate the idea of planning too much outside PPV cards for the future. I'll write them down for however far I've gotten in planning, or want to get, but from there, it';s all in my head. Planning down on paper means you need to change things around later on, but when it comes from your mind, it's so much more rewarding and works out so much better.

The times I've written something and then changed it for something else there and then, changing the course of something, and it's been praised is extraordinary.

Al element of planning is needed, but what you said is totally right. Too much outside of the basics and your work does become robotic and emotionless. Most of the fun about any sort of fictional writing is being able to feel how your work is progressing and being able to mould it as you go. That's destroyed when you see too many goalposts as to what needs to happen.
Emperor DC is offline   Reply With Quote