Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2005: Raising the Bar.

View Single Post

Old 12-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #94 (permalink)
cp954
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

cp954 cp954 cp954 cp954 cp954 cp954
Default Re: WWE 2005: Raising the Bar.

WWE Monday Night Raw- 27/6/05- Anaheim; California

We begin the show with a look back at last night’s PPV, Vengeance. We get a highlight reel with the theme music from the show as we get flashbacks through all the matches that took place last night. We see some of the opening contest as Chris Jericho defeated Edge before we see the Dudleyz retain their tag team gold. It’s then action from the Women’s title match in which Trish Stratus suffered a severe ankle injury and Victoria captured the title before we see Mark Jindrak come out victorious against Big Show. We then get action from the Intercontinental title match as Muhammad Hassan and The Great Khali defeated Shelton Benjamin, making sure Hassan retained his gold before we see the shock return of Kane to be Shawn Michaels’ opponent. The end of the match then plays out as Kane defeats HBK, meaning Michaels is now the property of Raw General Manager, Eric Bischoff. It’s then the turn of Christian and Ric Flair as highlights are shown from their match up as we see Captain Charisma pull off a huge victory. The end of the video package comes as we see the main event, Batista defending the World title against Triple H and leaving with his title still intact after defeating his long term rival in a hard fought contest, seemingly ending the ‘war’.

Pyro then hits and we are welcomed to Raw by our commentary team

Jim Ross: Twenty four hours removed from a chaotic, hellacious Vengeance, tonight the road to Summerslam begins!! I’m Jim Ross, joined as ever at ringside by Jonathan Coachman and Coach, what a night we had last night in Vegas.

The Coach: Oh baby, last night was a wild night J.R and I got a feelin’ that tonight is gonna be no different. Tonight inside that very ring, Eric Bischoff is going to give Shawn Michaels his induction as his PERSONAL EMPLOYEE. He’s the bosses property now and I cannot wait cowboy, that is gonna be a moment to savour let me tell ya.

Jim Ross: I don’t think I’m gonna be able to sit here and watch that, I really don’t. Shawn Michaels defeated by a returning Kane last night and must now suffer the humiliation of being the property of Eric Bischoff. I can only imagine just what Bischoff’s got in store for Shawn Michaels tonight.

‘Time to Play the Game’

Boos ring out immediately as Triple H makes his way out looking in a foul mood here tonight, 24 hours removed from being defeated by Batista for the World title.

Jim Ross: That picture tells a story folks. A frustrated figure here tonight is that man Triple H as he came up short last night in his efforts to win back the World Heavyweight title. Batista proved just too strong and too good for the Game last night.

The Coach: Now hold on there, you believe that? You really believe that Batista is too good for Triple H? You have GOT to be kidding me? Batista is nothing compared to that man right there, NOTHING.

Jim Ross: Two victories in a row, first at Wrestlemania and then last night at Vengeance would suggest otherwise partner. Triple H just didn’t have enough to deal with the Animal and you can tell by the look on his face that he knows it.

Trips has a mic and is dressed in jeans, a t-shirt and his denim blue vest type jacket thingy, you know the one right. The crowd boo him as Trips takes a moment before beginning to speak.

Triple H: Last night…. last night it uh..it didn’t exactly go the way I had hoped it would go, nor did it go the way I had expected it to go.

A ‘Batista’ chant begins.

Triple H: See last night was supposed to be the night where I got back what was and still is rightfully mine, where I got back the World Heavyweight championship.

Trips sighs, still looking angered here.

Triple H: It was supposed to be the night where I became the eleven time World champion and the night where the war was finally over with. But instead I didn’t get back what was and still is mine, I didn’t get to be the eleven time World champion I wanted to be, I didn’t get back what I deeply, deeply desire. But the war? The war is indeed over.

Cheers.

Triple H: Only problem with that is, Dave Batista.. won the war.

Trips grits his teeth saying Batista’s name as the crowd lets out a nice response.

Triple H: Batista beat me at Wrestlemania and well, he beat me again last night at Vengeance. And knowing that a guy like Batista has beaten me now not just once, but twice, it hurts the living hell outta me.

Another decent pop meets that remark.

Triple H: For weeks now, for months infact I’ve been comin’ down to this ring and I’ve been tellin' everybody in the back, I’ve been tellin' everybody at home watching, heck I’ve told Batista himself exactly what I thought about him and that is that he is nothing but a fluke of a champion.

Heat.

Triple H: And up until last night I firmly believed that. I had absolute no doubt in my mind that Batista got lucky at Wrestlemania and that he got lucky again at Backlash. But what happened last night, well what happened last night, it uh.. it put my claims to rest.

Trips scratches his chin, clearly not pleased with having to say this.

Triple H: After last night all I can do is stand here, hold my hands up and this pains me to do, really it does, but I gotta admit that last night and throughout this whole thing Batista’s been the better man.

Pop for that surprising comment from the Game who still cuts a desolate figure.

Triple H: Beat me once, yeah sure whatever, I have an off night, it happens to the best of us. But beat me twice? You gotta have something inside ya that separates you from everybody else to do that and Batista did that exactly.

Trips nods his head as a few Batista chants start up.

Triple H: So when I got home last night, I sat down and I had all kinds of things runnin’ through my mind. I kept on thinking about that match and I kept on thinking, what exactly is it that separates Batista from the rest? What exactly is it that Batista’s done to beat me on not just that one occasion but TWICE?

Trips pauses before continuing.

Triple H: And I was sitting there for a long, long time and you know what answer I came up with? Nothing.

Heat for Trips now.

Triple H: I got absolutely NOTHING. There ain’t a DAMN THING that Batista’s got that separates him from anybody else back there and there ain’t anything special that Batista’s done to BEAT ME.

Boos for Triple H ring round the arena.

Triple H: Boo it all you want but it’s the cold, hard truth and it brings me to my next point. Which is, that if Batista’s not got that something special about him, then how exactly did he beat me? And then y'know, it hit me, it dawned on me. It dawned on me that last night wasn’t about Batista, it wasn’t about how good he was inside this very ring. No, y’see last night I realised that it was about me and it was about how bad I was.

Trips sighs, clearly unsettled here as some fans cheer and some boo, clearly unsure what to do with Trips putting the spotlight on him yes but admitting he failed.

Triple H: For the first time in a long, long time I stood in front of the mirror at home and I felt as though I was no longer looking at the Game, the Cerebral Assassin, the TEN TIME World champion. When I looked in that mirror, up and down about fifteen freakin' times over, searching and hoping for it but I didn’t see that. I saw myself and I saw doubt, I saw disappointment, I saw fear.

The fans are in a bit of shock here, not knowing how to take to Trips comments.

Triple H: Fear that I will NEVER get to the very top again. Doubt that I can get to where I wanna be, where I NEED TO BE. DISAPPOINTMENT in my..self.

Trips hangs his head again before taking a deep breath.

Triple H: And at that very moment I realised that right now, at this point in my career, I can NOT and I WILL NOT embarrass myself ANYMORE.

A few boos with the odd cheer in there for Hunter.

Triple H: So having taken all of that into consideration, I made the decision to come here tonight, to stand in the middle of this ring, in front of all you people and tell each and every single one of you that tonight is the LAST time you will see me on Monday Night Raw for the foreseeable future.

Coach yells out ‘WHAT?!?!’ as the crowd goes nuts!! Some are cheering wildly whilst others look shocked, others are also cheering hear as Triple H announces he’s leaving??

Triple H: Now I know that that may come as a shock to a lotta people but I’ve left myself with no other option. I can’t come out here and step foot inside this ring again and tip toe around, losing to guys who CAN‘T EVEN LACE MY BOOTS.

Trips shakes his head.

Triple H: BUT. And you people here tonight along with the guys in the back had all better listen to this really, REALLY carefully. I am FAR from finished here on Raw. I am FAR from finished in the WWE. AND I AM FAR FROM FINISHED IN WANTING MY WORLD TITLE BACK!

The intensity is evident here from the Cerebral Assassin.

Triple H: I may be gone a month, two months, six months, a year. I don’t know right now and to be honest with you, I don’t care. But I WILL be back and you can BET YOUR ASS, I WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER BEFORE!!

A decent pop greets that.

Triple H: So Batista, Edge, Jericho, Flair, Christian, Shawn Michaels. Whoever the hell it is that’s holding that World title when I come back, you’d better believe that I’m comin’ for ya.

A real intense sound to the Game’s voice as he signals his intent here.

Triple H: And before I step back through these ropes, I wanna put everybody on notice. I’m not known as the Game for nothing. J.R. over there didn’t call me the Cerebral Assassin for nothing. I am not a ten time World champion FOR NOTHING. I am all of those things because simply put, I AM THAT DAMN GOOD! AND WHEN I COME BACK…

Trips pauses as a few fans chant his name while others keep booing.

Triple H: When I come back, you will all see.....exactly why.

Trips tosses the mic down and exit’s the ring with his music playing and a shocked crowd here split by the decision of Triple H here tonight.

Jim Ross: A SHOCKING start to Monday night Raw folks! Triple H has..he’s gone!! I can’t quite believe it Coach. Triple H believing that he needs to go away and to rediscover himself, to find the Game, the Cerebral Assassin once again after what happened last night at Vengeance. For the life of me, I woulda NEVER expected Triple H to come out with that, EVER.

The Coach: I am speechless J.R Really and truly, I’m speechless! The greatest superstar on this show, h..he.h..has just LEFT?! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME?! Hunter please don’t go!! What are we gonna do without Triple H around here J.R?

Jim Ross: An unbelievable start to Raw, what more drama will unfold here tonight folks?!? Good Lord.

We see a shot of Triple H looking back down the ramp before sipping his water, turning and departing.

Commercials

We return and immediately get a replay of the shock opening to Raw in which Triple H announced he would be leaving Raw and the WWE for the foreseeable future, following what happened last night at Vengeance.

Back to ringside and inside the ring already are the team of Val Venis and Viscera, set for
action.

Jim Ross: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw folks on what is already proving to be a wild night, following the blockbuster announcement to kick off the show in which Triple H announced he was leaving Raw and leaving the WWE for the foreseeable future.

The Coach: BUT he IS coming back J.R. Don’t get too excited just yet, he will be back and he said it himself, he will be better than ever before. God I hope that day comes around quickly.

‘Perfection’

It’s the sound of new music to the WWE fans as we get set for the debut of Raw’s newest tag team, Ken Doane and Nick Nemeth; The Platform to Perfection.

Jim Ross: Well we are all set for some tag team action right about now and the two men you can see in your picture are Ken Doane on your left and Nick Nemeth on your right. For weeks we’ve been seeing videos from these two young men talking about and showing us how they lead their lives and how they’re gonna come here to Raw and teach all of us just what it takes to be perfect. They have certainly got an attitude about them, that’s for sure.

The Coach: I’ve been waiting for this moment for FAR too long J.R. These guys are gonna finally be able to teach YOU what it takes to get to the levels of perfection that they have and that of course the Coach, yours truly has. Lord knows I’ve been tryin’ with you but it’s about the toughest job in the world partner, Doane and Nemeth can make it possible. Look at ‘em, they are PERFECTION PERSONIFIED!

Jim Ross: They got the look Coach, no doubt but we’ll just see whether they can back it up here tonight.

Match One: Tag Team Match

Ken Doane and Nick Nemeth vs. Val Venis and Viscera

It’s Doane and Venis who kick off the match with Doane cutting a cocky, arrogant grin before posing to the crowd which draws him instant heat and it’s a mistake as Val clubs Doane from behind and takes him down to a decent pop. Venis then begins to stomp away at the fallen perfectionist as the referee breaks things up, preventing an early disqualification. Venis waits and allows the rookie to get back to his feet before charging at Doane but Doane sees it coming and tosses him up high, crashing down with a big back body drop. Doane is quickly into the cover, 1...2...Shoulder up from Val.

Doane then runs the ropes at good pace before dropping a vicious looking elbow right into the chest of the veteran before delivering some hard stomps to the ribs of Val before getting a ticking off from the referee and heading over to make the tag to Nemeth. Nemeth is straight in and straight to work on Val, locking his opponent into a headlock before yanking away, applying firm pressure as the crowd gets behind Venis(very quietly albeit). Val struggles to break the hold as he fights with all he’s got and eventually finds an opening as Nemeth’s grip lets up and Val breaks free. Venis elbows Nemeth in the mid section and again before running the ropes once more, charging at Nemeth but he’s caught with a BEAUTIFUL DROPKICK! The fans even let out an ‘Ooooooh’ as Nemeth smashes his feet into the mouth of Venis. Nemeth scrambles across into the cover, 1..2..Kick out by Val much to the fans approval.

Nemeth picks Val up before whipping the big man over and towards his corner where Viscera tags himself in! The 500 pounder steps through the ropes and suddenly Nemeth’s cockiness eludes him and he has a rethink of charging over there. Eventually, with Viscera ready and raring to go, Nemeth yells out to the crowd ‘I’m perfect, I ain’t afraid of anything or anybody!’ before he races over towards the big man and he’s met with a thunderous clothesline! Nemeth is right back to his feet but again he’s met with a big clothesline as Viscera looks to build some momentum. The World’s Largest Love Machine then scoops Nemeth up before pressing him up high in the sky and delivering a HUGE Military press as Nemeth comes crashing down! Big Vis into the cover, 1..2..DOANE INTERFERES and smashes Viscera across the head with a big boot.

The referee then demands that Doane get back to his corner as Nemeth slowly gets to his knees while Viscera rolls around on the mat. Nemeth then gets himself up and lets out a little smirk, realising he’s back in control. Nemeth positions himself behind the giant, facing his partner Doane, what has Nemeth got in store here? The big man is to his knees as Nemeth spins around and SMASHES VAL VENIS OFF THE APRON!! Nemeth takes Venis down with a big right hand as Val lands hard on the outside. Back inside the ring and Viscera is up, he’s spun round by Nemeth who delivers a THUNDEROUS DDT. Nemeth now with the tag to Doane who heads immediately up to the top rope. Doane then lets out a huge smile before posing to the crowd and delivers a MASSIVE Leg Drop off the top rope! Cover by Doane, 1..2..3., it’s over!!

Winners: Ken Doane and Nick Nemeth(5:09)

The Coach: Now THAT was impressive! Dare I say it J.R. but that..that was PERFECT!!

Jim Ross: I’ll hold my hands up, Doane and Nemeth very impressive here tonight against a game Val Venis and Viscera. Are we looking at the future of t..

The Coach: No, no, no we are not barbeque boy. We are looking at the present as well as the future of tag team wrestling. Ken Doane, Nick Nemeth providing each and every one of us, ESPECIALLY you J.R with the platform to perfection, I LOVE IT!!

We see a smirking Doane and Nemeth back up the ramp as the crowd boos.

We then cut backstage and we enter the office of Eric Bischoff who has a smug look on his face as ever. The camera then turns and we see the new Women’s champion, Victoria who enters the room

Eric Bischoff: Victoria!! How are ya? And I must say, congratulations on what was a BEAUTIFUL victory last night.

Victoria smirks.

Victoria: Eric thank you,, thank you very much, and I must offer my congratulations to you for what you did last night with Shawn Michaels. That is gonna be something I think everybody can look forward to later on tonight out there.

Eric Bischoff: Abso-freakin-lutely!! I cannot wait for tonight, believe me I’ve got a surprise in store for Shawn later tonight and I think he’s gonna like it.

Heat for the GM who smiles slyly again.

Eric Bischoff: But uhm, wh..what exactly is it ya came by for Victoria? Something I can do for ya?

Victoria: Well I was uh, I was just wondering what the latest news was on Trish after what I did to her last night? I mean, I know she went to the hospital, well, I say she went but we both know that I PUT her in the hospital.

Heat now for the Women’s champion who shows off her mean streak.

Eric Bischoff: The latest news I heard was that Trish suffered a pretty badly broken ankle last night. And hey I gotta be honest, between me and you, I couldn’t care less! I mean, that’s one less problem I got in getting this show to look the way I want it to look.

Big heat for Bisch there.

Eric Bischoff: I don’t think that there is anybody better to be the face of the Women’s division here on Monday Night Raw than you Victoria. And I’m pretty damn sure that title’s gonna be in your hands for a long, LONG time to come.

Bisch lets out a smile again as does Victoria.

Victoria: That’s exactly what I was hoping to here Eric and trust me, I won’t let you down.

The two smile at one another again with evil intentions as Victoria exits.

Eric Bischoff: What a night this is gonna be. What…a…night.

Bischoff smiles again before punching his fist and rubbing his hands together.

Commercials

We return and we are taken immediately backstage to be shown Ric Flair arriving at the arena in a limousine. Naitch’s arrival is greeted with a massive pop.

Jim Ross: Well there he is ladies and gentleman, the Nature Boy, the dirtiest player in the game, Ric Flair is here and tonight we WILL hear from the sixteen time World champion after what transpired last night in Vegas.

The Coach: That’s a whole lotta nicknames J.R. but you forgot one, the most important one. The man who got BEAT by Christian at Vengeance.

Jim Ross: Oh c’mon Coach, don’t start with that bull.

The Coach: It ain’t bull J.R, it’s about as real as it gets. Captain Charisma got the victory last night and not a damn thing you say can change that.

‘Break the Walls Down’

It’s a massive ovation that greets the music of Y2J, Chris Jericho who heads down to the ring set for action, fresh off a big win last night over his rival Edge.

Jim Ross: Chris Jericho got exactly what he deserved last night. For weeks, for months Edge has screwed Chris Jericho, he’s cost him title after title, shot after shot but last night Edge got what was coming to him and Jericho got a huge win.

The Coach: I stand by what I said last night J.R. The referee pulled a fast count, there is NO way Edge woulda lost that match if it weren’t for that referee, we need him suspended. Hell, fire him for all I care.

Jim Ross: Jericho caught Edge off guard and you know it full well Coach. For all Edge’s smarts, he didn’t catch on to Jericho last night. Y2J proved he is still as good as they come around here on Monday Night Raw, that‘s for sure.

‘You think you Know Me’

‘Metalingus’

The music of Mr.Money in the Bank then hits and out steps Edge, not dressed to compete, carrying his breifcase and surprisingly having a wry smile on his face.

Jim Ross: Well uh, we know that Edge is not Chris Jericho’s opponent and to be honest, after what Edge said last night following his loss, the last thing I expected was for him to be out here smiling.

The Coach: Maybe he realised that last night didn’t matter. He is STILL the Money in the Bank contract holder and while he has it don’t count a dime what Chris Jericho does around here. Not a dime.

Edge has a mic as the crowd starts up a ‘You Suck’ chant.

Edge: I know, I know. You weren’t expecting to see me now were ya Chris?

Jericho smirks a bit as he stretches his neck a little, preparing for his match.

Edge: Well I’ll be honest, I wasn’t expecting this either. See while you were all set for your match tonight, my intentions were clear as day in my mind. After what happened last night, after you somehow, someway managed to beat me, I was just…I was so angry, I was so frustrated.

Edge pulls his hair a little.

Edge: I told everybody last night that I would come here tonight and I would send a message to you. That I would get payback on you and that I would put you in your place Chris.

Jericho looks to be getting impatient.

Edge: But I kinda cooled off a bit since then and I thought things through a little and y’know something, I figured that I didn’t need to do any of that here tonight because while I still want you gone from here, to stop living off your past and while I still want you to see the light, to see that these people DO NOT CARE about you anymore.

Strong heat for that.

Edge: While I still want all that Chris, I’ve realised that I don’t need that right this very second. Tonight I was gonna come down here with the intention of finishing you off FOR GOOD. I was gonna beat you down, tear you apart, crush you into pieces, NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN. But I don’t want it panning out that way now. No, n-n-n-No.

Edge takes a breather.

Edge: Chris, plans change. And the way I want this to work now is that I want this to be slow, I want this drawn out, I want this to feel like an eternity for you Chris. I want you to suffer. I want to punish you. I want you to FEEL EVERY MOMENT of pain I’m gonna inflict on you. And that? That still begins right here tonight because thanks to our General Manager.

Boos already for Bischoff.

Edge: Thanks to our General Manager, I’ve been given a bit of a…. a bit of a licence tonight. See I’ve been given the opportunity to choose your opponent here tonight Chris and well, all I can say is boy are you gonna like it.

Edge lets out a little laugh before he pulls away from the ramp and holds his hands out to present Jericho’s opponent here tonight.

‘Arab America’

It’s the music of the Arabian Entity and out steps the 7’3 giant member of the quartet, The Great Khali to ‘oooohs’ from the crowd as Jericho lets out a little smirk, knowing he’s in a spot of bother here tonight.

Jim Ross: Oh wow.

The Coach: Edge you’re a freakin’ genius ha ha! This Khali he…he…he’s UNSTOPPABLE J.R! Look at the size of him, it’s like looking at Godzilla for cryin’ out loud. Jericho ain’t so cocky now is he huh?

Jim Ross: I don’t know when he was being cocky Coach but I know damn well that he ain’t smiling right about now having to take on this absolue giant of a man. We saw Khali last night as he teamed with Muhammad Hassan to take on Shelton Benjamin and we saw just how devastating he can be. You gotta feel for Chris Jericho tonight. We know he’s had his issues with Eric Bischoff recently and clearly that’s played a factor here tonight.

The Cocach: I don’t feel anything right now except excitement. And as far as Eric Bischoff playing a role in this, well I say it ain’t a moment too soon. He shoulda done this weeks ago, that way Edge wouldn’t have had to put up with what Jericho pulled off last night when he bribed the referee to make a fast count.

Jim Ross: Oh enough Coach!!

Match Two: Singles Match

Chris Jericho vs. The Great Khali

Edge looks on from the ramp as Jericho takes a quick glimpse at him before setting his sights firmly on the Punjabi Giant. Jericho paces the ring for a few seconds, wondering just how he’s gonna tackle the seven footer who simply stands and stares a hole through Y2J. A ‘Y2J’ chant starts up and it’s the man who defeated Edge last night who makes the first move, going toe to toe with Khali before kicking the giant right in the kneecap, followed by a series of kicks, trying to take the big man down but it only knocks the Entity member off balance.

Jericho then runs the ropes and looks to take Khali down with a clothesline but he’s met with that vice like grip of Khali who grabs him by the throat before tossing Jericho half way across the ring, into the turnbuckle. Jericho’s neck smashes right off of it as Khali marches towards him and we get another camera shot of Edge who looks more than pleased with what’s occurring. Khali, looking intimidating as ever grabs Jericho by the hair before slapping the chest of Jericho with a huge chop! The sound can be heard all over the arena as Jericho winces in pain.

Khali then delivers another big chop as Jericho drops to his knees, struggling to deal with the Entity’s largest member. Khali then stalks Jericho who crawls along the mat before Khali sees enough and decides to bring Jericho to his feet, delivering a clubbing knee to the mid section as Jericho gasps for air. Khali then hoists Jericho up before dropping him right back down with a big scoop slam. Khali goes for a cover, simply putting his boot across Jericho’s chest, 1..2..kick out from Jericho to a decent pop. The crowd tries to rally behind Jericho here, chanting for the former Undisputed champion but Khali’s size and strength seems to be too overbearing as he brings Jericho back up.

Irish Whip from Khali but Jericho holds onto the ropes, allowing some time to find his feet. Khali heads over at a snail’s pace and Jericho delivers a right hand! Right hand after right hand from Jericho but Khali doesn’t seem to budge before he pushes Jericho back into the ropes before Khali runs and attempts a clothesline but Jericho pulls the rope down and sends Khali tumbling to the outside as the crowd go wild!! Khali crashes down as Jericho takes a look at Edge, who is looking a lot more worried now, before he heads to the outside after Khali.

Khali struggles to get back up as Jericho delivers some forearms to the head of the big man before bringing him up to his knees, Khali’s upper body is upright as Jericho stands back, looks at Edge, smiles and charges at Khali, sending him FLYING with a massive almost dropkick like move as his feet slam into the face of Khali! Edge can’t believe it and starts to look very anxious, running his hands through his hair before Jericho gets the big man up again to his knees before trying with all his might to bring him to his feet but he struggles and backs off as Khali brings himself up eventually. Jericho goes for a right hand but he’s sent tumbling as the massive hand of Khali shoves him away and Khali gets back inside the ring. Jericho is down on the outside as the count reaches 7 from the referee. The referee then checks on Khali momentarily as we see Jericho getting back up but then we see Edge heading after Jericho!! The Money in the Bank holder brings Jericho to his feet, Irish whip, Jericho reverses though and sends Edge crashing into the steel steps!!

HUGE pop for Jericho who then at the count of 9 gets back inside the ring but he’s met with the fist of Khali who sends him spiralling. The Punjabi Giant then paces before bringing Jericho upright again as he whips Jericho across the ring but Jericho uses all his momentum and jumps onto the second rope before flying high in the sky and delivering a scissor kick to Khali, knocking the giant down!! Jericho gets up and heads over to towards Khali but BAM!! EDGE FROM BEHIND SMASHES JERICHO WITH THE MONEY IN THE BANK BRIEFCASE!! The referee calls for the bell as Edge gets drowned in heat from the crowd.

Winner via Disqualification: Chris Jericho(7:01)

The Rated R Superstar then begins to lay into Jericho, hammering away with kicks to the head of Jericho who puts his hands up to his head but it’s no use as Edge continues hammering away. Mr.MITB then rolls Jericho over onto his back before climbing on top of him and delivering some big right hands to the forehead of Jericho who is absolutely defenceless here. Edge then takes a second before he goes over towards the tunbuckle and Edge loosens it before tossing it away and we get a close up shot of the exposed turnbuckle here as Edge walks right back over to Y2J. Edge then lets out a sick smile before he brings Jericho upright and then SMASHES Jericho’s skull off of the exposed turnbuckle!! AGAIN AND AGAIN Edge is repeatedly bashing Jericho’s skull off the exposed turnbuckle before he lays Jericho down with a right hand. The crowd are shitting all over the Money in the Bank holder here. We then see a shot of Jericho who is bleeding heavily here

Jim Ross: Makes me SICK!! EDGE SHOWING NO REMORSE HERE TONIGHT!! WHAT’S HE GONNA DO NEXTTO A HELPLESS JERICHO?!?

The Coach: I gotta stand up and applaud this.

Coach does exactly that as J.R stares a hole through him.

Edge continues to dismantle Jericho with right hands, before retunring to the Money in the Bank briefcase lying on the mat. Edge then surveys the arena who continue to boo the life out of him. The Rated R Superstar then brings Y2J up to his feet before letting out a sly smirk before lining Jericho up SMASHING the briefcase across the skull of Jericho who is bleeding profusely here

Jim Ross: Somebody stop this for crying out loud. Edge has..he’s..Edge has SNAPPED!

Edge then grabs a mic from ringside before getting right down and in the face of Jericho.

Edge: (Panting) What uh..what was it I told you earlier on tonight Chris?

A pause before Edge continues.

Edge: Plans change.

Edge then drops the mic and lets out a sick laugh before picking up his briefcase and leaving to a ton of heat.

Jim Ross: I don’t know what the hell has gotten into Edge but he seems like he is lost right about now, just lost. Edge seems completely out of control and Chris Jericho is gonna want payback, believe me on that one. Edge is gonna get his, make NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT!

The Coach: Oh c’mon J.R. Edge said it himself, plans change. He didn’t intend on doing that to Jericho but I guess Y2J did something here to change Edge’s mind, I can’t help but think what it was.

Jim Ross: Coach just shut up for god’s sake. Edge knew EXACTLY what he was doing here tonight, this was the plan all along after Jericho beat him last night. Edge can’t take it!!

Commercials

We return and go straight to a replay of the Edge-Jericho situation from before the break. We then hear from J.R who gives his thoughts before handing us over to Todd Grisham.

Todd Grisham: Thanks J.R. And please welcome my guest at this time, he is the World Heavyweight Champion, Batista.

The Animal appears, dressed smartly, cutting a wry smile after his victory last night.

Todd Grisham: Batista first of all, last night you defeated Triple H AGAIN to retain the World title. Just wanted to hear what your thoughts are on that match and that victory last night?

Batista: Y’know I thought that Wrestlemania was about as good a moment as I’d ever have, as I’d ever feel in my entire career. But last night at Vengeance, I got that same feeling over and over and OVER again.

Nice pop there for the champion.

Batista: Last night was a big moment for me and for my reign as World champion. I proved I can go toe to toe with the very best at Wrestlemania, I proved I could beat the very best at Wrestlemania. But last night I proved that wasn’t just a one off. Last night I proved that I am NO fluke and that I deserve to be at the very top of the food chain here on Raw.

Another decent pop.

Batista: It was a tough match, no doubt about it. Triple H, as much as I hate the guy, I know that he can get it done inside that ring. He called this whole thing between us a ‘war’. Well last night? Last night I ended the war. Last night I WON the war.

Batista smiles cheesily.

Todd Grisham: Well as you said ,the war is now over with and we saw a shocking start to Raw tonight when Triple H announced he would be leaving Raw for the foreseeable future. What are your thoughts on that ?

Batista: Well I uh..I certainly wasn’t expecting that one. I heard what Hunter had to say and I got no problem in saying this but I think every word that came outta Triple H’s mouth out there tonight was a complete and utter pile of crap.

BIG pop for the champion there.

Batista: Hunter claimed that last night wasn’t about me, it wasn’t about how good I was, how I retained my title. It was all about him wasn’t it? About how bad he was, how he wasn’t on his game. Well I got news for Triple H, he wasn’t bad last night, not at all. And he was on his game but Todd, my game was just too damn good for him.

Again a nice pop as Batista‘s intensity is evident.

Batista: I know what Triple H is like. He’s not got it in him to give credit where credit’s due. He never has and he never will. Last night wasn’t an off night for him. Make no mistake about it, last night was the changing of the guard around here and THAT is the real reason Triple H is leaving. He can’t stand being second best.

Tista shuffles his title belt a bit.

Batista: He knows deep down that his time at the top is done. He knows that I’m the man around here now. Triple H knows…he can’t beat me.

Pop for that.

Batista: So I’m telling you and I’m telling everybody out there, don’t buy any of Hunter’s crap. He’s gone and he ain’t comin’ back because of ME. All I can say is, Hunter if you’re watching this, enjoy your time off and trust me, you don’t wanna rush back cos I’ll still be here. And I will still be the World..Heavyweight..Champion.

Pop again before the champion walks away with Grisham nodding his head and we head back ringside to hear…

‘Born Naughty’

The music of William Regal hits and down comes the Englishman, set for action, accompanied by his protégé, Mark Jindrak, fresh off a big victory over Big Show last night at Vengeance

Jim Ross: Well two men who certainly had a good night just 24 hours ago at Vengeance. William Regal was an on looker as he watched his protégé, the impressive Mark Jindrak defeat Big Show and Coach I gotta be honest, Jindrak DOMINATED the World’s Largest Athlete.

The Coach: It was one of the most impressive displays I’ve seen in a long time J.R and this young kid Jindrak has got a HUGE future, especially if he’s got William Regal by his side. BUT, J.R how great is it to see William Regal in action here tonight?!

Jim Ross: Well it ain’t gonna be easy for Regal here tonight, cos he’s gonna have to deal wit..

'Wellllllll, it’s the Big Show’

J.R. is cut off by the music of the seven foot giant the Big Show who storms through the curtain and onto the ramp, to a nice pop from the fans

Jim Ross: With THIS MAN!! Big Show, as I’m sure you can tell by the look on his face here tonight, he is not happy after what went down last night. I know for sure that he’s gonna wanna send a message here tonight to Mark Jindrak.

The Coach: He can try all he likes to send a message but Mark Jindrak will not be phased AT ALL by anything Big Show does, be it to Regal, be it to ANYBODY on this roster. Jindrak’s got nothing to fear and he proved that last night.

Match Three: Singles Match

Big Show vs. William Regal

Show doesn’t take his eyes off Jindrak in the first thirty seconds or so as Regal is on his guard and neither man makes a move before Show finally turns his attentions to Regal and heads over to the Englishman. Regal though is quick and immediately strikes Show with a couple of left hands but it’s no real use as Show grabs the back of Regal’s neck and head butts him down to the mat as Show again looks over intently at Jindrak whose near nothing expression remains the same.

Show then brings Regal up and tosses him into the turnbuckle with ease as Regal’s back pounds off of it. Show then in his usual fashion delivers a stinging chop across the bare chest of Regal who winces in pain as the fans ‘Wooo’ with the echo heard all the way around the arena. Show again continues with another chop, followed by another as we get a close up of Regal’s chest which has turned from white to red in seconds. Show finally relents and brings Regal out of the corner before whipping his rival’s manager across the ring into the opposite turnbuckle. Regal again smashes right off of it as Show charges full speed at the Englishman but he sees it coming and manages to get out of harms way as Show crashes into the turnbuckle!

Show falls backwards as Regal senses an opportunity here and he spins the big man round before delivering a big left uppercut before several kicks to the left knee of the giant. Regal continues kicking away as Show is taken down to one knee and Regal now deliver a massive running knee to the side of Show’s head!! We see Jindrak clap on the outside as Regal goes in for a cover, 1..2..Shoulder up by Show but Regal doesn’t seem to frustrated by that. Regal immediately goes back to work on the World’s Largest Athlete, again targeting the left knee as he hammers away with left hands before delivering some stiff kicks as Show now begins to show the pain he’s in as the veteran wisely keeps him grounded.

Regal now eases off and shouts out to the fans ‘This man is NOTHING, HE(pointing at Jindrak) is the future’. This obviously earns Regal heat as he now looks for a submission manoeuvre on the fallen giant. Regal tries with all his might to get the leg of Show but Show is crawling and fighting with all he’s got to avoid it. Regal seems to be winning the battle but out of nowhere Show finds a burst of power and uses all his strength to shove Regal off of him with a massive kick! Regal goes tumbling as Show desperately tries to get up. Regal is up fairly quickly though and heads after Show who is up to his knees now. Regal goes for a forearm but Show blocks it and delivers a massive right hand, knocking Regal down.

Show is now to his feet as Regal, on the mat, backs away, holding his hands out pleading with Show not to hurt him. Show’s face though is one of no remorse as he grabs Regal up by the throat before delivering a kick to the mid section as Show coops Regal up high in the sky. The fans get on their feet as Show now lifts Regal above his head before tossing Regal to the outside as he lands on his protégé Jindrak!! Both Regal and Jindrak are now down as Show lets out a roar and heads after Regal, perhaps Jindrak too. Show steps through the ropes and jumps down to the outside but feels his left knee buckle a little bit, clearly still in pain as Jindrak is to his knees with Regal just about crawling back to life. Show grabs Regal by the back of the neck before bringing the Brit to his feet as Show then grabs the arm of Regal and whips Regal shoulder first into the barricade as the fans go wild! Show then yells ‘I’m not playin’ around anymore’ which gets him some cheers.

Regal clutches his right shoulder, clearly in some discomfort following that nasty fall as Show sets his sights on Jindrak who is now almost back to his feet. Will Show take all his anger out on the rising superstar? No is the answer as Jindrak turns around to see Show staring a hole right through him. The fans feel the tension here as neither man seems to be phased but Show realises that the deal here tonight is with Regal not Jindrak, and instead turns and heads after the fallen Englishman, still with one eye on Jindrak though as he picks Regal up. Show then tosses Regal back inside the ring as he slowly heads back, still looking on at Jindrak who looks right back at the giant.

Show steps back through the ropes, still clutching that knee as he crouches down with Regal crawling across to the opposite side of the ring as he grasps for the ropes to bring himself up. Regal reaches them but he’s met by the huge hand of Show who grabs his hair but Regal tries to fight, using an elbow to the mid section, followed by another as he tries to rattle Show. Regal continues elbowing and elbowing before knocking Show down to his knees with a stiff kick again to the injured left knee as Show lets out a cry in pain. Regal has now escpaed Show’s grip and runs the ropes, looking for a running knee but Show catches him by the throat!! The fans let out a big pop as Show’s face suddenly becomes enraged and he looks intensely at Regal before turning round and facing Jindrak who looks a little disappointed now. Show looks at Jindrak, points and seems to say ‘This one’s for you kid’ before hoisting Regal up high in the sky and delivering a THUNDEROUS Chokeslam. Cover from Show, 1..2..3, that’s all she wrote

Winner: Big Show(7:39)

Jim Ross: Message sent!! Big Show in absolutely NO mood to mess for fun and games here tonight folks. He wants Mark Jindrak and he wants to show the ‘Protégé’ exactly what he is capable of. If I were Jindrak, I wouldn’t be too keen on dealin’ with an angry giant right about now.

The Coach: As impressive as that was. And as impressive as William Regal is J.R, he ain’t Mark Jindrak. Big Show can be as intense, as angry, as hell bent on getting his hands on Mark Jindrak as he wants but facts are, Jindrak’s too damn good, he proved it last night.

We then head off to a video package where we see the same man from last night’s video appear, Mr.Kennedy who is again sitting on a chair in a dark room, chewing gum with just a spotlight on him.

Mr.Kennedy: Yeah me again, can’t contain your excitement right? Well I should be right anyway, cos I’m as exciting as it gets for you people, believe me.

Kennedy holds out one finger.

Mr.Kennedy: If you can get excited by a guy like uh.. like Dave Batista for example, then something.. something’s just not right is it?

Kennedy holds out another finger.

Mr.Kennedy: A guy like Ric Flair seems to get you people on your feet. I ask again, something’s just not right is it? I could go on and on, Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Shawn Michaels. All these guys, they can get you people on the edge of your seats, they excite you, they ‘en..ter..tain’ you.

Kennedy counts them all off on his fingers before getting up off his chair.

Mr.Kennedy: To me that, that just has to be some kind of SICK JOKE. Each and every one of them has absolutely NOTHING to offer. Not to me and not to any of you people watching this.

Kennedy looks up at the sky.

Mr.Kennedy: See that spotlight. Watch this.

Kennedy walks around in a circle.

Mr.Kennedy: That spotlight, y’see it? It follows me EVERYWHERE I GO! And y’know why it does that? Do ya? That spotlight follows me around because I DESERVE it. I am as gifted as you can get, inside the ring, outside the ring, people stand up, they listen to me, they watch me, they LOOK UP.. to me.

Kennedy spits his gum out.

Mr.Kennedy: But I don’t quite get it, why do they listen to the guys I mentioned earlier on? Why do they watch them? Why do they look up to..them?

Kennedy lets out a little laugh.

Mr.Kennedy: And y’know what conclusion I came to? I came to the conclusion that you people, albeit very stupid, you people don’t know any better. You people have yet to see, yet to be blessed, yet to be given the very privilege of seeing someone quite like me in front of your very eyes.

Kennedy then grabs a microphone that falls from the sky.

Mr.Kennedy: This right here, this is gonna be the symbolic when I come to the WWE. This microphone, in my hands will be the very thing that teaches you people a thing or two about what exactly excitement really and truly is. I am going to teach you what it’s REALLY LIKE to be on the very edge…of your seats.

Kennedy changes facial expressions, looking more intense now.

Mr.Kennedy: Monday Night Raw ain’t gonna be so predictable anymore. And the man to give you that sense of excitement again, that sense of urgency, that sense of unpredictability is yours truly…..MISTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Kennedy pauses..

Mr.Kennedy: KENNEDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Mr.Kennedy: Coming to Raw: Soon

Commercials

‘Woooo’

‘Also Sprach Zarathrusta’

We return to Raw to hear the oh so familiar entrance music of the Nature Boy, Ric Flair who makes his way out, suited and booted to a big pop.

Jim Ross: Last night at Vengeance was a rough night for this man, the Nature Boy Ric Flair after he was defeated by Christian in what can only be described as controversial circumstances.

The Coach: Controversial? What exactly was controversial about it J.R? Christian beat him one, two, three in the middle of that ring.

Jim Ross: Flair had Christian locked in the Figure four!! Christian was gonna tap but for Tomko’s interference.

The Coach: Christian was just about to get to the ropes J.R. Tomko was only standing on the apron to give some encouragement but old man Flair had to stick his nose in didn’t he? And guess what? It cost him!!

J.R. just sighs as Flair has a mic and is getting ‘Woooos’ from the crowd.

Ric Flair: Anaheim, California. WOOOOOOO!!

Nice pop for Flair’s cheap little reference.

Ric Flair: Now I’m sure a lotta people expected me to come here tonight, to stand in the middle of this ring and to talk about how disappointed, how frustrated, how angry I was about what happened last night at Vengeance.

Flair shakes his head as the crowd boo a little.

Ric Flair: But infact I’m gonna do the opposite. Yeah I am disappointed, I am frustrated and I am sure as hell angry. BUT, I’m not gonna stand here and let those feelings get in the way of what I need to say and get in the way of what I need to do tonight.

Flair pauses for a second.

Ric Flair: And what I need to do here tonight is, I need to…congratulate Christian.

Boos ring round the arena as Flair lets out a little smile.

Ric Flair: Now I know, I know that’s not gonna go down well with everybody here tonight and with everybody watching at home but it’s the right thing to do. Christian, for weeks, for months now has been goin’ around and he’s been askin’, he’s been pleadin’, he’s been demanding that the torch be passed down from myself to him.

More boos for the mention of CC’s antics.

Ric Flair: And last night, he uh…he beat me. He pinned me one, two, three in the middle of this ring and all I can say is congratulations kid, you got me.

Flair holds his hands up.

Ric Flair: But here’s the thing. Christian, last night you may have beaten me but DON’T YOU DARE THINK…that the torch has been passed.

Nice pop for Naitch there.

Ric Flair: Last night I had you locked in the Figure Four, I had you SCREAMING, I had you CRYING OUT in pain. Your hand was about ONE SECOND away from hitting this mat(points down) and I would’ve made you tap..out.

Pop again as Flair calms down.

Ric Flair: If it wasn’t for Tomko you’d have already been out here tonight, whining and complaining to these people that you got robbed, you got screwed, well Christian, newsflash kid, I GOT SCREWED!

More boos now ring round the arena.

Ric Flair: But I’m not one to come out here and to cry about things, I’m out here to put things right. All I’m asking for Christian is one more match, you and me, man to man, FACE TO FACE, inside this ring. I don’t care WHEN, I don’t care WHERE. HELL PUT US OUT ON THE STREET!!!

Flair takes off his jakcet and kicks it, getting fired up.

Ric Flair: Christian I want ONE MORE SHOT at ya. I wanna prove to you, I wanna prove to these fans, I wanna prove to EVERYBODY that the torch is STILL in the posession of the Nature Boy. WOOOOO!!

Wooos begin in the crowd again.

Ric Flair: What’s it gonna be kid?

Flair then waits patiently, hoping for Christian’s arrival and low and behold…

‘Just Close Your Eyes’

It’s strong heat that greets the arrival of Captain Charisma, alongside his Problem Solver, Tomko as they make their way down to the ring, Christian looking in great spirits tonight unsurprisingly

Jim Ross: As you can all clearly see, Christian looks more than pleased with himself after last night and his…Oh will you please sit down Coach?

Coach is standing and applauding.

The Coach: You should be on your feet right now J.R. And where is this man’s torch for crying out loud? Where is it?

Jim Ross: Ric Flair said it himself, he’s not passed the torch just yet. Christian doesn’t DESERVE the torch to be his, not after the way he beat Flair last week.

Christian has a mic as a ‘Christian Sucks’ chant is building.

Christian: Ric…

Christian’s cut off by the chants.

Christian: Ric, I thought you were an honourable man, I really did but I guess I was wrong. When you came out here and you said that you wanted to congratulate me, you gained an ounce of respect from me.

Christian nods his head.

Christian: But Ric, you lost ALL that respect within seconds when you did the exact same thing you said you wouldn’t do. You told all these people, I heard it in the back so don’t even think about denying it. I heard you say that you wouldn’t come out here and whine and complain. But that is exactly what you just did.

Heat for CC.

Christian: You wanna talk about how you got screwed? Ric, I did absolutely nothing wrong last night and Tomko here is in that same boat. In fact, it was YOU Ric who put your hands on Tomko remember? All he did was get up on the apron and try to give me some encouragement.

More boos for Christian.

Christian: Ric, nobody screwed you last night but yourself. You couldn’t wait, you couldn’t resist hitting Tomko could you? And y’know why that is?

Christian looks at Flair who looks ready to explode.

Christian: No? Do you know why that is?

Christian looks around the arena as they continue to boo him.

Christian: No? Well here’s why that is Ric. It is all because of..me. I’m the reason you lost last night and that’s not just me stating the obvious. I’m talkin’ about mentally Ric. These past few weeks, these past few months, I’ve been getting inside your head, I’ve been finding what it is that really makes Ric Flair tick.

Christian lets out a smirk.

Christian: I realised that a little sneak attack on you wasn’t gonna work, it wasn’t gonna bring the fire out inside ol’ Naitch was it? Then I tried the whole nice guy routine and that didn’t work either did it Ric? So then it finally came down to it, you left me with no other choice but to beat the living HELL outta you. Myself, along with a little bit of help here from Tomko and from Edge, we beat you senseless Ric. That conchairto, it left your brain completely rattled didn’t it?

Christian smirks again as ‘You Suck’ chants now occur.

Christian: But, that conchairto, that beating you took, it finally got it through to you that I mean business, I mean serious business. That moment brought the fire out inside of you Ric and I just couldn’t have been more happy about it.

Christian pauses before continuing.

Christian: Because I knew, I KNEW I had you right where I wanted you Ric. I knew I was gonna get the absolute very BEST out of you at Vengeance and I did get that, no doubt about it. BUT, I knew I’d get that moment, that moment when you’d take your eye off of it, when you’d be tempted, when you just couldn’t help yourself but to take a chance you didn’t need to take. An extra kick, an extra punch, an extra opportunity to take it to me, to take it to Tomko.

Tomko nods in the background.

Christian: And hey, what do ya know? Last night, you did exactly that. My gameplan worked to a tee and that hurts you doesn’t it Ric? It hurts you that you got outsmarted, outwitted, out SKILLED by…

Ric Flair: SHUT UP!!

BIG pop.

Ric Flair: Now I have heard just about ENOUGH CRAP from you already. I don’t give a DAMN what your gameplan last night was, all I care about is getting what I deserve and getting what these people deserve and that is Ric Flair one on one with Christian ONE MORE TIME!!

Another nice pop for the thought of that.

Ric Flair: You think you’re a real bigshot don’t ya Christian? You think you’re on top now, that you’re the torch bearer, that these people look up to you don’t ya?

Christian: Damn righ…

Ric Flair: WRONG!! WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!! THESE PEOPLE COULDN’T CARE LESS ABOUT YA!!

Flair is pumped up in a big way now.

Ric Flair: You wanna be on top, you wanna be the torch bearer, you want their acknowledgment, their respect? You EARN IT!! You go toe to toe with the very best night after night, and the very best is STILL THE NATURE BOY!!

Christian: Ric, look I get that you’re upset, really I do but you gotta face facts old timer. You are FAR from the very best around here anymore. Your time has come and gone, it is MY time to shine and last night damn sure proved it.

Heat immediately for CC.

Christian: You said you felt screwed last night. Well Ric I’ve been screwed FOR FAR TOO LONG NOW. I deserve to be the World champion on Raw, I deserve to have already held that title but how many times have I even had a shot at it huh? How many times? I’ll tell you. NOT EVEN ONE.

Christian shakes his head to more heat.

Christian: And you know why that is Ric? It’s cos of guys like you. You don’t know when to quit do you? What is it gonna take for you to finally see that you are no longer welcome, you are no longer wanted and you are no longer GOOD ENOUGH to be on MY show.

HUGE heat now.

Ric Flair: I’ll tell ya exactly what it’s gonna take. A WHOLE LOT MORE than you beating me at Vengeance, THAT is what it’s gonna take. You think I’m taking up your time, that I’m taking up your spotlight? Well I was about one second, JUST ONE SECOND away from taking you outta the spotlight FOR GOOD last night.

Pop.

Ric Flair: Christian I’m not askin’ anymore, I’m DEMANDING that you face me one.. more.. time, LIKE A MAN. I will have to pass the torch sooner or later, I understand that but last night at Vengeance is NO WAY of doing it. We do this the right way kid, or else I PROMISE YOU, that spotlight you want, that spotlight you CRAVE won’t be vacant for a long, LONG time to come.

Christian: All I have to say to that Ric is…why?

Flair seems to mouth ‘what?

Christian: Why should I give you another match with me huh? What have you done to deserve it? What’s in it for me exactly? I’ll tell ya the answer to all three of those questions. Number one, I shouldn’t. Number two, nothing. And number three, well what do ya know?! The answer….is NOTHING!!

Boos again for Christian.

Christian: There is NOTHING for me to gain from this so as far as I’m concerned I am DONE with you Ric. It’s time for me to move away from you and it’s time for me to take my torch and climb up the ladder, onto bigger and better things while you fade away to exactly where you belong and that is the VERY back of everybody’s minds.

Strong heat again as Christian and Tomko smile at one another.

Ric Flair: I’ll give you the answers to those questions and I’ll give ‘em to ya straight. Why should you give me another match? You should give me another match because you claim you’re gonna be the new Ric Flair, the new leader of the pack around here, to do that, you go out and you beat WHOEVER it is that challenges you. You DO NOT back down.

Christian folds his arms as he listens to Flair.

Ric Flair: What have I done to deserve it? Ha. Christian, this one’s real simple. I’m RIC FLAIR, THE NATURE BOY, THE DIRTIEST PLAYER IN THE GAME, SIX-TEEEEEEN TIME WOOOOOOOOO, WORLDDDDD CHAMPION. IF THAT DON’T DESERVE IT, I DON’T KNOW WHAT DOES!!!

Massive pop for Naitch.

Ric Flair: And what’s in it for you? Well I got something REAL juicy lined up for ya kid. How’s this sound? Summerslam, one more time, Christian one on one with Ric Flair. You beat me.... and I will GO, I will WALK OUT THE DOOR, I will RETIRE, FOR GOOD!!

Heat greets that as Christian looks taken aback.

Ric Flair: Think about it. I want this match Christian and I want it BAD. I wanna put Vengeance right, I wanna PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE kid. You? You want me gone, well, this is your shot, this is your opportunity. What’s it gonna be?

Christian still looks amazed at this.

Christian: You’re serious? You and me, one more time? You lose, you’re gone?

Flair nods his head as Christian and Tomko exchange words.

Christian: Ric, I gotta hand it to you man, that is a gutsy decision right there, that is as brave as you come, as courageous as it gets to lay down a stipulation like that. But you know what else that is? It’s the biggest mistake of your entire life. Ric, you’re on.

Big pop again as the first Summerslam match is set.

Christian: And believe me, at Summerslam I will bring the image, I will bring the career and I will bring the LEGACY of Ric Flair .. to an end.

Christian and Tomko leave the ring with Flair looking a little emotional but nodding his head, clearly desperate to put the record straight at Summerslam as he doesn’t take his eyes off the backtracking duo who head up the ramp.

Jim Ross: Can you believe it?!? Summerslam, the match is set, Christian will go one on one with Ric Flair in a rematch from Vengeance but this time, the stakes are HUGE! If Christian is victorious, Ric Flair will be forced to retire. An unbelievable stipulation proposed here tonight from Ric Flair. Is..is Flair nuts Coach, putting his career on the line?!

The Coach: He is J.R. I’ve thought he was nuts for a long time now cowboy but this one takes the cake. We say bye bye to the Nature Boy come Summerslam and THAT is gonna be a sweet, sweet moment for Christian and all his peeps, ME included!!

Commercials

We return and head backstage immediately to join a lovely young lady who is standing by with a microphone in hand

?: Hi! I’m Maria and I’m Raw’s newest backstage interviewer, how exciting! And uhm, let me get this right ok. Joining me at this time, at this moment, please, please welcome my guest Muhammad Hassan!

Hassan enters the fray, his Entity behind him staring right through Maria.

Maria: Did I get it right?

Muhammad Hassan: You couldn’t have got it more wrong Maria. Now I’m not here for your questions, we are not here to listen to your stupidity.

Maria suddenly has a glum look on her face.

Muhammad Hassan: We’re here to talk about what happened last night and where we go from there, beginning here tonight. Last night was a night of, well it was a night of mixed emotions for our Entity. See although Sonjay and Daivari came up short in winning the World Tag Team titles, that was only because of the Basham Brothers.

Dutt and Daivari nod.

Muhammad Hassan: A straight two on two match up and there would only be one winners. But believe me when I tell you, these two WILL get their rightful shot at the Dudley Boyz and they WILL leave with the World Tag Team championships.

Heat.

Muhammad Hassan: But last night was also a great night for myself and for this giant standing beside me because we DISPOSED of Shelton Benjamin.

Boos again for the Intercontinental champion.

Muhammad Hassan: And now? Now finally we can step away from the likes of Shelton Benjamin and the likes of Charlie Haas getting involved in our business. Neither of those men deserve even a SNIFF at this Intercontinental title.

Hassan adjusts his title belt on his shoulder.

Muhammad Hassan: I don’t know who will be my next challenger for this title but what I do know is that it will not be long before I see yet another championship on my other shoulder and that will be the World…Heavyweight…Championship.

Boos again.

Muhammad Hassan: Tonight though these people in Anaheim will be given a real treat as they get to see Sonjay and Daivari in action up next. The only negative about that is that they have to see three other teams who are not WORTHY of being in the same ring as these two men. Sonjay and Daivari must team with those incompetent Basham Brothers, while on the opposite side you’ve got those overweight, run down, PATHETIC excuses for Tag team champions the Dudley Boyz.

Heat for Hassan and his claims at the Dudleyz.

Muhammad Hassan: And they team with the so called ‘World’s Greatest Tag Team’, Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Better known to us as the ‘World’s Greatest Failures’. I think we all know who’s picking up the victory here tonight.

Hassan and the other three members smirk.

Muhammad Hassan: And tonight Maria, I want you to know that this is the very last night we want to be seen talking to you ok, do you uh, do.. you.. un..der..stand.. that?

Maria nods, looking quite scared as Hassan spells it out to her.

Muhammad Hassan: And tonight also marks the very last night we want to be associated with Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas.

The Entity walk away to heat as Maria shakes a little bit.

We head back ringside to hear..

‘Yeah We’re Comin’ Down’

The music of the World Tag Team champions hits and out come the Dudleyz to a nice pop from the crowd

Jim Ross: A successful night twenty four hours ago for the Dudley Boyz as they defeated not one BUT two teams to remain Tag team champions, beating the Basham Brothers and Arabian Entity members, Sonjay Dutt and Daivari in a high paced Triple Threat match.

The Coach: I still can’t believe they pulled it off. I mean I literally gave them NO chance heading into Vengeance but they proved me wrong. All I do know J.R. is that two on two, straight up, these two can’t get the job done against either of those two teams. Not on my watch.
Jim Ross: Well we’ll just see about that one Coach.

'Heroes'

The music of the ‘World’s Greatest Tag Team’ then hits and out step Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas to a good ovation as they join their partners for this 8-man tag team battle

Jim Ross: Quite the contrast for these two men compared to the Dudleyz last night. Charlie Haas banned from ringside as his partner Shelton Benjain looked to win back the Intercontinental title, however the numbers gave proved just too much for Benjamin as he came up short.

The Coach: It was always gonna be a tough ask but I’ll give credit where credit’s due, Shelton put up a heck of an effort last night. Muhammad Hassan just too damn good though.

Jim Ross: What about Khali Coach? What about the fact that Hassan had a seven foot, three inch giant by his side. That didn’t play a factor no?

The Coach: Well it mighta done but I’m not so sure, Hassan’s too good anyway J.R, you and I both know that.

‘Whips and Chains’

It’s a fairly nothing like reaction as the Bashams make their way out, looking intense

Jim Ross: Well certainly a gallant effort last night from Doug and Danny Basham but they came up just short in capturing the gold as they were the team pinned by Bubba and D-Von last night. No doubting though that these two men will still have their eyes on the prize, wanting a two on two match up, much like the duo of Dutt and Daivari.

The Coach: Hey I’m a big fan of these guys J.R BUT in my opinion it’s Dutt and Daivari next in line. And as SOON as they’ve had and might I add, WON their shot at the Dudleyz, we get the match we all wanna see Dutt and Daivari versus the Basham’s for the World Tag Team titles. Now that sounds like a match!

Jim Ross: I don’t know if it’s the match we ALL wanna see like you said but I agree with the Basham’s not being next in line after their defeat last night.

'Arab America’

Out next are the Entity’s duo of Sonjay Dutt and Daivari, accompanied by their leader and I.C. Champion Muhammad Hassan as well as the man who took on Chris Jericho earlier tonight, The Great Khali

Jim Ross: Again, much like the Bashams, it was a valiant effort from Sonjay Dutt and Daivari last night as they looked to ccapture the tag titles but the Dudley Boyz managed to get the job done and as we heard earlier tonight, that left a bitter taste in the Arabian Entity’s mouth.

The Coach: So it should J.R! These guys didn’t even get pinned last night and they lost the match!! Bubba Ray and D-Von can only run for so long before the Entity strikes.

Match Four: 8-Man Tag Team Match

Sonjay Dutt, Daivari and The Basham Brothers vs. The Dudley Boyz and The World’s Greatest Tag Team

It’s Charlie Haas who kicks things off along with Danny Basham for the opposite team as the fans anticipate a good match up here. The two men circle the ring before locking up and it’s Charlie who wins the early battle as he shows more aggression in forcing Danny back in towards the ropes. Haas now looses his grip and whips the Basham across the ring, Danny rebounds off the opposite ropes right into a solid shoulder block from Haas. Danny’s straight back up but Charlie is off and runs the ropes, comes back at Danny, tries for a clothesline, Danny ducks it, Haas runs through bounces off the ropes once again and THIS time connects with a huge flying clothesline!! Into the cover, 1..2..kick out from Danny as Charlie is dominant early on here.

Charlie’s quick back up to his feet and brings Danny up also, Irish whip as Danny smashes into the turnbuckle, Haas comes charging at him but Danny delivers a big boot to the face! Charlie clutches his face as Danny now gets some offense in, delivering some right hands to Haas before two kicks to the mid section. Danny now grabs the neck of the former Tag champ and tosses him towards the turnbuckle and Haas flies shoulder first through the ropes and into the ringpost!! The fans ooooh as Charlie’s shoulder crashes off of it with his face telling a story as he grimaces in pain. Danny is quick to pounce now and grabs Shelton again, taking him over towards his team’s corner before Danny tags in Daivari to the match.

Daivari strikes Shelton instantly with right hands before delivering a knee to the gut which takes the wind out of the Entity’s firm rival. Daivari now hammers away with strong kicks to the mid section of Haas before delivering a beautiful dropkick! Cover from Daivari, 1..2..Shoulder up from Haas much to the fans’ relief as Shelton Benjamin tries to give some encouragement to his partner here. Daivari now heads up to the top rope as he waits patiently for Haas to get up to his feet. Haas slowly gets to his knees, a little bit worse for wear here as he’s now upright, turns around to see a flying Daivari but Haas dodges the bullet as Daivari comes crashing down! Haas now senses an opportunity and crawls towards his corner and makes the tag to Bubba Ray who enters the ring to a good pop!

Bubba picks up the pace here as Daivari is up to his feet and straight into the charging Dudley who is sharp with right and left hands to his much smaller opponent. Bubba now with some jabs as Daivari is put on the back foot, Bubba then lets out a loud roar to the fans before taunting Daivari and knocking the Entity member down with a HUGE elbow to the head. Bubba goes for a cover, 1..2..Shoulder up from Daivai as Bubba gives a stern look at the referee. The one half of the Tag champs then started to use his size advantage to the maximum. Bubba picks Daivari to his feet, smashes another elbow into the head of Daivari before an Irish whip, Daivari comes flying off the ropes and flying into the sky as Bubba connects with a big back body drop!

Daivari clutches his back as Bubba is straight back on the little Entity member, bringing him up before yet another Irish whip. This time Bubba can’t get to Daivari though who gets the hell out of harm’s way!! Daivari manages to hold on to the ropes before charging across and tagging in his partner, Sonjay Dutt. The fans laugh a little as Daivari chickens out while Dutt gives him a ‘WTF?’ look. Dutt though has no hesitations and enters the ring, albeit slowly before he paces around in a circle as he wonders how to approach the big man. Dutt though doesn’t get the chance as it’s Bubba on the front foot, charging at Dutt but the Entity member’s speed comes in handy as he ducks and dives all Bubba’s efforts before delivering some stiff kicks to the mid section of Bubba, knocking him out of his stride.

Dutt now gets things going for his team as he continues to strike Bubba with a series of kicks before whipping the big man across the ring, Bubba bounces back right into a big dropkick from Dutt!! Cover, 1..2..Kick out from Bubba as Dutt holds his head in disappointment. Dutt now looks to build, stomping away at the chest of Bubba as we get a shot of D-Von, Haas/Benjamin on the apron looking concerned for their partner. Dutt now heads off to the top rope, where he’s most comfortable you may say as Dutt poises himself for Bubba. The Dudley boy slowly gets to his feet as the crowd urge him on, Bubba gets back up and turns around to be met with a flying Dutt!! Bubba catches him though but he’s caught with a hurricanrana!! Big hurricanrana from Dutt and into the cover!! 1..2..3..NO!! Bubba gets the shoulder up to a strong pop as Dutt slams the mat.

Dutt now drags Bubba over by his leg towards his corner as he looks to isolate the big man before tagging in Doug Basham as we get our first glimpse at him tonight. Basham is straight in and aggressive on Bubba, stomping away at the back of his neck as Bubba looks to protect himself, in clear pain here. Doug now locks the big man into a sleeper hold as he attempts to try and diminish Bubba’s strength and energy furthermore here. The crowd again try and egg on their favourite here as Doug continues wearing down the champion, applying more and more pressure, letting out a roar as we see Danny applauding on the apron. Doug loses his grip slightly though somewhat and Bubba’s allowed a small route back into things here, managing to get to one knee as he looks to fight out of this. The crowd support and the encouragement of his team seems to inspire Bubba as he uses all his strength and power to battle out here, breaking free of Doug’s grip before lashing out with some big right hands eventually taking the Basham down.

The fans now get on their feet as Bubba looks to build some momentum as he yells ‘Come on’ to Doug who gets to his feet but is taken down with a scoop slam. Bubba now runs the ropes and delivers a running leg drop!! The fans ooooh as all of Bubba’s weight comes crashing down on Doug, into the cover, 1..2..kick out from Doug as Bubba looks to be the one frustrated now. Bubba decides to switch things up a bit now and heads over to his corner making the tag to D-Von who comes in to a solid response from the crowd. D-Von quickly brings Doug up and delivers several forearms, Irish whip now to Doug, into the turnbuckle, D-Von comes charging at him but Doug scoops D-Von up and over the ropes, crashing down onto the outside!! We then see Daivari and Dutt instantly drop down to the outside, like a pack of dogs looking to take out D-Von, but they’re met on the outside as quick to the scene are Benjamin and Haas! Benjamin lays into Daivari with a right while Haas takes on Dutt and the fans rise to watch these four go at it!

The World’s Greatest Tag Team lay into the Entity members, forcing them back before Shelton whips Daivari into the barricade!! Haas looks to do the same but instead whips Dutt into the ring post!! Both Entity members are taken out here as Benjamin and Haas pick D-Von to his feet and help him back inside the ring. D-Von staggers in slightly as Doug Basham greets him with a kick to the back of the neck, keeping D-Von grounded. We see Shelton and Charlie make their way back towards their corner as we then get a shot of Dutt and Daivari crawling around on the outside. Doug realises that the numbers game has swung in the way of their opponents and drags D-Von over towards his corner before reintroducing Danny into the match. Danny is quick to continue where Doug left off with some stomps to the head before dropping several elbows on the one half of the champions.

Danny now scoops D-Von up high in the air. Danny looking for a big suplex here but D-Von manages to slide out the back before connecting with a reverse DDT to Danny!! An opening finally comes for the champion here but he struggles to make the cover, still fatigued from the goings on thus far. D-Von instead opts to head over towards his corner, crawling across the mat as he desperately looks for a tag here. Danny begins to stir too but he doesn’t head for a tag, instead heading after D-Von, trying to prevent him getting to his team mates. D-Von is within touching distance, an arm’s reach away as all three of his partners hold out a hand. Danny is close too though, well within reach now of D-Von’s leg and he catches it! D-Von now on one leg but he uses all his leg strength and power to force Danny off before making the tag to Shelton Benjamin!!

Benjamin comes charging in and delivers right hand after right hand to Danny Basham. The crowd are on their feet now as the athletic Benjamin looks to stamp his authority now. Benjamin with an Irish whip, Danny comes back at Shelton but Shelton grabs him, belly to back suplex!! Danny goes flying as the crowd lets out a roar. But we then see Daivari and Dutt storm the ring as they’re now up and at it! Dutt and Daivari enter and head for Shelton but they’re met with Bubba Ray and D-Von who are in NO mood for the Entity’s antics here. Doug Basham now enters the ring but he’s soon met by Charlie Haas and it’s chaos inside the squared circle! Bubba tosses Daivari over the top rope and to the outside as D-Von follows suit and sends Sonjay Dutt to join his partner!! Charlie Haas now joins in the party as he clotheslines Doug Basham over the top rope! It’s now four on one inside the ring and poor Danny Basham is helpless as Shelton Benjamin sets him up, T-BONE! T-Bone suplex connects!! Benjamin into the cover, 1..2..3!! It’s over!!

Winners: The Dudley Boyz and The World’s Greatest Tag Team(12:15)

Jim Ross: BIG win for Shelton Benjamin here tonight and by the look on his AND Charlie Haas’ face, they still want that Intercontinental title that Muhammad Hassan currently holds!

The Coach: But J.R, what about THAT look right there?!

We see the Dudleyz, holding their titles and Benjamin/Haas have a staredown before Shelton points at their Tag titles, with Haas nodding and smiling with the fans popping.

Jim Ross: Well I think that is clear for everybody that Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas want both the Intercontinental AND World Tag team titles in their locker room. Both of which though are gonna be HUGE asks. Hassan and the Entity still hold the numbers game when it comes down to it and the Dudley Boyz are no slouches, believe me on that one!

The Coach: And that numbers game is gonna be exactly what stops Shelton Benjamin getting near the Intercontiental title again. These two guys better make the Tag titles their priority or else it’s gonna end real ugly for ‘em.

We get a shot of Benjamin/Haas, the Dudleyz and the Entity all looking at one another with intentions clear on all accounts.

Jim Ross: Well folks, up next it is the official induction of Shawn Michaels as Eric Bischoff’s personal employee here on Monday Night Raw. Don’t go anywhere, you will NOT wanna miss this!

Commercials

We return and we head backstage immediately to see Todd Grisham chasing after the duo of Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas

Todd Grisham: Shelton, Charlie!! Congratulations guys on a big win out there tonight. Can we just get a quick word on what your plans are now following on from both last night at Vengeance and here tonight?

Charlie Haas: Our thoughts lie on two things right now Todd and believe me, we aren’t gonna stop until we get the both of ‘em. Number one, the World Tag Team titles. The Dudley Boyz saw out there tonight exactly what we’re capable of and I think they know that we are as big a threat as anybody on this show to those titles.

Shelton Benjamin: And secondly, the Intercontinental title. Really and truly Todd as much as I wanted to believe I did, I never stood a real shot last night and until I get what I deserve, Muhammad Hassan and his boys are gonna be seein’ a whole lot more of us than they’d like to.

Benjamin and Haas look at each other and smile knowingly.

Shelton Benjamin: I mean last night I had the odds firmly stacked against me and yet I was STILL this close( Benjamin uses his fingers to point out) to walking out with the Intercontinental title. I know, I know that when I get another shot, one on one, I know that I’m gonna be walkin’ out with that championship belt around my waist again.

Charlie Haas: And when that happens Todd, you’re gonna be lookin’ at a DOUBLE champion because we are gonna be holdin’ the Tag team titles by the time Shelton gets that rematch. The Dudley Boyz need to know that we are comi…

Shelton Benjamin: Woah, woah Charlie, how long were you planning’ on me waitin’ for man? I want the Tag Team titles, believe me, but I want Hassan and I want the Intercontinental title a whole lot more right now. Charlie you know I need that Intercontinental title before I can get my head in the game, before I can focus on us again and take those Tag titles home wit’ you.

Haas nods his head, seeming to accept it.

Charlie Haas: Right, right of course I do man, of course. That Intercontinetal title is the priority, I get it. So Todd, let me re-answer your question. Until Shelton teaches Hassan a lesson, until Shelton takes that title back, the Tag team titles are at the very back of our minds.

Benjamin and Haas then head off with Grisham looking perplexed and we head back ringside.

Jim Ross: Well an interesting interview right there from the World’s Greatest Tag Team. Charlie Haas clearly intent on Tag Team gold but Shelton Benjamin, not quite having the same thought process.

The Coach: Can you blame him? I would much rather win Commentator of the year than win Best Commentary team alongside you old timer. Same deal for Shelton, he needs to think about nobody else and NOTHING else except that Intercontinental title.

‘I’m Back’

It’s rousing heat for the Raw GM’s music as out steps the man himself, Eric Bischoff, grinning from ear to ear as he struts down to the ring.

Jim Ross: Well I don’t know how Eric Bischoff can look so smug, so happy about himself after what he’s put and is going to continue putting Shawn Michaels through. Last night at Vengeance, Eric Bischoff chose Kane to return and take on Shawn Michaels, knowing that if Kane won, the Showstopper would become the property of our General Manager. Kane got the job done and starting tonight, Shawn Michaels is now the personal employee of Eric Bischoff.

The Coach: Why so smug? Why so happy? Why do you think?! For the past few weeks, the past few MONTHS Shawn Michaels has made Eric Bischoff’s life a misery, he’s been walkin’ around like he owns the place, kicking Eric’s head off, threatening him, making demands. Last night put an end to all that. As far as I’m concerned justice was served last night.

Bischoff has a mic and begins to laugh a little to some strong heat still.

Eric Bischoff: Anaheim, California how EXCITED are you feelin’ here tonight to get to be a part of something so special, so unique, so INCREDIBLE as what you’re about to see?

Heat again.

Eric Bischoff: Last night at Vengeance, the stipulation was crystal clear. Shawn Michaels would face a representative of my choosing. He wins, he gets his World title opportunity, he loses? And well, simply put, his world comes crashing down.

Bischoff lets out a wry grin once more.

Eric Bischoff: Because if Shawn Michaels lost last night, he would become my property. He would become my very own personal employee. Shawn Michaels would have to do ANYTHING I say. And well, here we are twenty four hours later and guess what? Shawn Michaels LOST last night.

Boos for the GM.

Eric Bischoff: Which means that the power, well the power is now firmly in my hands, which is exactly how it SHOULD BE. See ever since Wrestlemania, Shawn Michaels has been, well, he’s been almost possessed. He’s been intent on getting his own way, no matter what that may be. Shawn’s been desperate to get a rematch with Kurt Angle, absolutely desperate. But that didn’t happen, hey I tried, I fought for that match to happen but Shawn? He just didn’t see it that way.

Bischoff now looks inquisitive.

Eric Bischoff: Shawn seemed to believe that it was my fault, that I didn’t want him to get payback on Kurt. The ONLY person Shawn should’ve blamed for that was Kurt Angle. Kurt had the chance to come to Raw and he didn’t take it, that was Kurt’s decision and nobody elses, I could not control that. And hey, if Shawn woulda got the job done in the first place, we wouldn’t even be in this situation right now would we?

Heat there as Bischoff grins again.

Eric Bischoff: So when that didn’t go to plan for Shawn, he didn’t take it on the chin, he didn’t react like a professional does, no. Instead Shawn decided to take it all out on me, his own BOSS. Shawn hit me with Sweet Chin Music on more than one occasion and y’know he seemed to think he could just get away with it. Not on my watch Shawn, not a chance.

Bischoff shakes his head.

Eric Bischoff: When Kurt Angle didn’t happen, Shawn finally turned his attention elsewhere but again, he didn’t do it in the right way, he decided that he deserved a World title match, just like that.

Bischoff clicks his fingers.

Eric Bischoff: Well things just don’t work that way around here. But what do ya know? Shawn again, he didn’t take too kindly to that either, so what did he do? Did he try and earn a title shot like anybody else would? No. Did he prove to me why he deserves a title shot? No. Shawn decided he was gonna kick my head off my shoulders yet again.

Pop.

Eric Bischoff: And at that moment, I thought to myself, I am the GENERAL MANAGER of this show. I’m the boss around here and I shouldn’t have to put up with THAT KINDA CRAP FROM ANYBODY!!

Big heat.

Eric Bischoff: Which is how Vengeance came about. I realised that I needed to get control of not only Shawn Michaels but of this entire show again. And last night, I did exactly that when Shawn Michaels was beaten one, two, three in the middle of this ring.

Bischoff lets out that grin again.

Eric Bischoff: So now tonight I stand before you as a very, VERY proud leader of this show and every great leader, well they need a team around them. They need support, they need protection, they need a… LACKEY.

A ’You Suck’ chant begins as Bischoff smiles.

Eric Bischoff: And what better lackey to have than the man I’m about to introduce to you? He is the SHOWSTOPPER, he is the HEARTBREAK KID, he is MY PERSONAL EMPLOYEE ha ha. Please welcome, SHAWN MICHAELS!!

‘Sexy Boy’

It’s a huge pop that greets the music of Shawn Michaels who steps out from the back, looking in a very sombre mood, clearly not yet ready for what’s about to take place.

Jim Ross: The expression on Shawn Michaels’ face tells you all ya need to know about just how he’s feelin’ right now. Last night may well have been the lowest point in the career of Shawn Michaels. After being defeated by Kane, Michaels realised that he was now in the hands of the devil and before Vengeance even came to a close Eric Bischoff already had Shawn Michaels carrying his bags in what was a disgusting act from our General Manager. Disgusting.

The Coach: If you got somebody working for you, you make them do whatever it is you need doing J.R. It don’t matter if it’s carryin’ your bags, makin’ a cup of coffee or walkin’ your dog, you make ‘em do it! And that is exactly what Eric Bischoff did last night. Hey, can you imagine how great it’d be to see Shawn Michaels walkin’ the Bisch’s dog?

Jim Ross: Yeah really great Coach, really classy.

Michaels steps in the ring, no microphone, just a look of helplessness on his face as the fans chant ‘HBK HBK’.

Eric Bischoff: Shawn, I..I..I can’t express just how great it feels to see you standing there, knowing, just knowing that you are absolutely HELPLESS right now.

Bischoff smiles as Michaels grits his teeth.

Eric Bischoff: How does it feel Shawn? Huh? How does it feel standing there knowing you’re not in control? How does it feel to be embarrassed in front of all these people?

Bischoff gets in Michaels face now and speaks softly.

Eric Bischoff: It must really hurt you mustn’t it? Must make you wanna go crazy, make you wanna take it out on somebody right? Make you take it out o..on..me? Do you wanna take it out on me Shawn, do ya?

Michaels has to turn his head away and continue gritting his teeth, clenching his fist.

Eric Bischoff: WELL TOUGH LUCK SHAWN!! YOU HIT ME, YOU LAY ONE FINGER ON ME AND YOU ARE FIRED!! GONE!! AND WHEN I SAY GONE, I MEAN GONE, NEVER TO BE SEEN again.

Big heat here as Michaels scratches his chin with Bischoff taking a deep breath.

Eric Bischoff: You brought this all on yourself Shawn, really you did and now? Now you’re paying a very, very hefty price. You’re now in my posession Shawn and things are gonna change around here, things are gonna take a very different shape and you are gonna help me achieve that.

Michaels shakes his head.

Eric Bischoff: Oh yeah, don‘t you shake your head, that is a FACT. See you’ve been taking up an awful lot, in fact you’ve been taking up too much of my time lately and that’s..well that’s left me taking a backseat as far as the rest of this show goes. Last night I told everybody that it was the starting point, it was only the very beginning of me taking back control of MY show. The first piece of the puzzle is complete Shawn, you’re here and you’re gonna fulfil whatever it is I want, whatever it is I need.

Michaels hangs his head again as the fans try and gee him on but it’s no use.

Eric Bischoff: So now we move onto the next problem and we move on to another man who’s stuck his nose in business that doesn’t involve him. And that man is the World Heavyweight Champion, that man is Batista.

Pop for the mention of the champ.

Eric Bischoff: So Dave, if ya wouldn’t mind comin’ on down to the ring, so we can get this whole th..

‘I Walk Alone’

The popular World champion steps out to a big ovation but he’s in no mood for all that as he marches towards the ring and we go to Shawn Michaels who looks at Batista like a little lost puppy.

Jim Ross: Fresh off a HUGE title defence last night at Vengeance, Batista must now face up to the boss and I just don’t know what it is that is feuling this power trip from Eric Bischoff. Why is he now going after Batista? He’s done enough damage as it is with Shawn Michaels.

The Coach: He’s already explained J.R. Batista crossed the boss a few weeks back and well, look what happened when Shawn Michaels crossed the boss. Eric Bischoff wants TOTAL control of this show and believe me, he’s gonna get it.

Batista enters the ring, takes a mic from Lilian Garcia as Bischoff continues smiling.

Batista: You got a REAL NERVE Eric comin’ out here and doin’ this. You have NO RIGHT doin’ that to somebody like Shawn Michaels, to a LEGEND like Shawn Michaels.

Pop.

Eric Bischoff: Hey, I have EVERY right to do this because it is exactly what he’s agreed to and it is exactly what he DESERVES. Now he knows, NOW HE KNOWS what it feels like, what I’ve felt like having no power, no control of my own FREAKIN’ SHOW!!

Heat once more as the Bisch is fired up.

Batista: You may think you’re getting that power back, that control back, but right now I’m about ten seconds away from taking all that away from you again and TEARING YOU APART!

BIG pop for the Animal.

Eric Bischoff: And that is what I’m talking about. I should NOT have to deal with these kinda threats,. I should not have to deal with you getting involved in business which doesn’t concern you AT ALL Dave. And much like Shawn here, you‘re gonna end up really, really regretting that day a few weeks ago when you crossed me.

Batista: I never once got involved in your business Eric, you got involved in mine and that’s why we’re here. You don’t want me on top I get it, you don’t want me representing Monday Night Raw as the World Heavyweight Champion, I get it. Well Eric, you need to get this, I’m not goin’ anywhere for a REALLY long time and neither is this World title ,so all I can say is go ahead and take your best damn shot.

A ‘Batista’ chant is slowly building.

Eric Bischoff: You’re right, you’re absolutely right. I don’t want that title sitting on your shoulders. This is my show and I should have a champion who deserves to be the man around here, I should have a champion who simply gets on with business, I should have a champion who STAYS OUT OF MY WAY AND WHO STEPS IN THE WAY, of people like…you.

Heat again.

Eric Bischoff: So ‘champ’. I got what I wanted with Shawn over there and now? Now I’m gonna get what I want with you. I want my show back, it began with Shawn Michaels and it’s going to end with you and that World Heavyweight Title. Dave Batista, welcome, to your very own...personal hell.

Bischoff then laughs a little as he lets out a wry smile as…

‘BOOOOM’

‘Slow Chemical’

Jim Ross: Oh good God almighty!!

The Coach: Batista better run J.R!!

The music of Kane hits and the Big Red Machine storms down, eyes firmly fixed on Batista as Eric Bischoff takes a watching brief, along with Shawn Michaels. BUT BATISTA ISN’T WAITING!! Batista exit’s the ring and he and Kane go at it, trading blows, the World Champion not backing down from the man who defeated Shawn Michaels last night at Vengeance.

Jim Ross: Batista is NOT BACKING DOWN!! Batista and Kane beating the HELL out of each other here in California!!

Kane though delivers a massive uppercut that sends Batista back before Kane whips Batista into the steel steps and the champion clutches his shoulder in pain. The crowd are willing, egging Shawn Michaels on as he paces around the ring with Bischoff saying ‘No Shawn, no.’ Michaels though steps through the ropes!! He’s all set to take it to Kane!!

Jim Ross: COME ON SHAWN!!

The Coach: Do it and he’s fired, I guarandamntee it!!

Kane locks eyes on Michaels before letting out a grin as Eric Bischoff grabs Michaels arm and yells at him, ‘You do it and I will FIRE YOU RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!’ Michaels seems to mouth ‘Damn it’ before getting back inside the ring before Kane brings Batista up and tosses him inside the ring, following suit. Kane then brings the Animal up to his feet before grabbing him by the throat, Chokeslam time!! But Batista counters with an elbow to he head, Bischoff though distracts Batista, yelling ‘Dave, hey Dave’. Batista turns around and grabs Bischoff by the top of his jacket!! Batista’s gonna take out the GM but no he’s grabbed from behind by Kane!! Kane turns Batista round!! CHOKESLAM!! CHOKESLAM TO HELL FROM THE BIG RED MACHINE!!

Jim Ross: DAMN IT!! I thought Batista was gonna give Eric Bischoff what he deserved here tonight!

Bischoff then takes a mic again as Shawn Michaels smashes his fists against the ropes, clearly angered he couldn’t help here before Michaels exit’s the ring, holding his head, running his hands through his hair.

Eric Bischoff: BATISTA!! I TOLD YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH, I TOLD YOU!! You wanna get in my way? You wanna cross the boss? Well August 19th, at Summerslam, you’re gonna get EXACTLY WHAT’S COMIN’ TO YA!

Bischoff takes a moment.

Eric Bischoff: Summerslam, the World Heavyweight Championship, Batista you will go one.. on.. one….WITH KANE!!

Heat for that announcement as Kane lets out his evil laugh again.

Eric Bischoff: And the special guest referee for that match, will be SHAWN MICHAELS!!

Michaels suddenly stops on the ramp, almost frozen as the crowd is in shock and Bischoff laughs like mad.

Jim Ross: Oh you GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!?!

Michaels then turns around, with a look of sheer hatred towards Bischoff who is still beaming along with Kane. Bischoff then gets down in the face of the Animal.

Eric Bischoff: Batista, I WILL get that World title no matter WHAT IT TAKES and trust me, there ain’t a damn thing you can do about it. Welcome to hell Dave, welcome..to..hell.

Bischoff then looks at Michaels who is seething on the ramp, still barely moved since that announcement as Bischoff starts to laugh once again as does Kane as we..

Fade..

To…

Black

Current Summerslam Card:
August 21st 2005:
Washington DC
:

World Heavyweight Championship:
Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels
Batista© vs. Kane

If Ric Flair loses, he must retire:
Christian w/Tomko vs. Ric Flair

As ever, all feedback would be greatly appreciated and returned. The show was a bit promo heavy but i felt that was needed to kick off the road to Summerslam and round up things from Vengeance. Ring action will pick up next week and also on Smackdown. Hope everyone has a great new year.

Last edited by cp954 : 07-27-2013 at 04:36 PM.
cp954 is offline   Reply With Quote