Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Have grammar, punctuation, and spelling been cut from schools since I went?
View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 09:47 AM
WWF Angel
Moron

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Have grammar, punctuation, and spelling been cut from schools since I went?

Just because you spell a word incorrectly does not mean the word itself does not exist. Her version, even though it was misspelled, would still be, if spoken, pronounced the same, and have the same meaning. TRUE.

So "technically speaking" the word does not exist in the precise way she spelled it, however "literally speaking" laziness no matter how you want to spell it, is undisputably a word.

Had he written his response like this,"Technically, lazyness isn't a word.", it would have been true, but actually the spelling of the word should have been contested or pointed out, not the existence of said word. You cannot honestly say a word literally does not exist because of a technicality such as spelling.

There is a difference between the two you know, for example I cannot say that you are an asshole literally, or you'd be just a stinky dark brown circle in someone's crack, however technically speaking you are indeed an asshole.

See the difference?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome