Wrestling Forum banner

International Matches Discussion Thread

236K views 6K replies 264 participants last post by  steamed hams 
#1 ·
boo'urns.

#3,098 · (Edited)
Think I'll need to see if I can get a stream for Croatia v Serbia this eveing. It will be the first time they've ever played against each other since becoming independent countries and there's obviously still a lot of tension in the area from the civil war that ripped the countries apart. On top of that, in Mihajlovic and Stimac, they have two managers who grew up together, but ended up despising each other. Mihajlovic has accused Stimac of wishing death upon his family when they played against each other back in 1991 ("I hope our guys kill your entire family in Borovo.") and has said that Stimac is the only person he's ever wanted to kill. While Stimac is quoted saying "My only regret is not being able to fight in the war. But if it breaks out again, rest assured I'll be on the frontline."

Plenty of quotes from both managers this week trying to calm things down, there'll be no away fans and the police have said they'll stop the game if there is any "nationalistic chanting".

Should be a hell of a watch whatever happens.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the poor ref who has to keep control of all this; Cuneyt Cakir the Turkish ref who sent off Nani the other week. Good luck with that.

#3,102 · (Edited)
Anybody looking for any safer bets, Paddy Power have a couple of specials refunds on.

If you bet on the Sweden vs R.O.I match and your bet flops but Zlatan scores the last goal then they refund the bet.

If you do a five team both to score and one game lets you down then they refund that too.

EDIT: Croatia 2-0 up at HT :hb need Belgium to win now to get me £15 to start the day.

I also put 10p on San Marino, returns £10 :lmao no harm if that doesn't come in.

Also gone for Rooney anytime 4-0, just £3 on that.

#3,103 ·
Some clowns's put £118 on San Marino to win @ 80/1.:lmao

Even if they legit had an outside chance, why bet so much? For £10 you win £800 and you can write that off, but £118? Seriously? Greedy & stupid! Is Liam Ridgewell wiping his arse with those notes again? Why £118 exactly too? Why not £115 or £120? Bizarre.

#3,116 ·
Finland just scored to make it Spain 1-1 Finland.

END OF AN ERA?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.