Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - i$e's Magical Music Megapost

View Single Post

Old 11-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #260 (permalink)
i$e
FUCK WHAT YOU THINK

i$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: i$e's Magical Music Megapost

Week 3 Inductees
18/11/2011
----------------

1. Oceansize - Frames

Genre : Progressive Rock
Year : 2007

Oceansize got mentioned in the Rock/Metal thread the other day, and so it spurred me on to listening them again, as I've never given them the attention they deserved. Pretty big error, because Frames is one of the best Progressive Rock albums ever, with a splattering of Indie & even Post-Metal influence. Fantastic.

2. Cloudkicker - Let Yourself Be Huge

Genre : Progressive Metal (I'll explain)
Year : 2011

So normally you'd think Cloudkicker would go straight into the Groove Metal category, but not this time. A much more mature release from Ben Sharp, which has far more post-metal, post-rock and ultimately falls somewhere around the progressive metal side of things. It's all instrumental apart from the wonderful final track, and it's already one of my favourite albums of the year. Yes I'm a genre whore.

3. Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism

Genre : Indie
Year : 2003

Probably going to end up as one of the more well known albums on the list, I just can't withhold it any longer. A fantastic record that reminds me a lot of Third Eye Blind; really good song writers who write catchy but deep stuff. A must for anyone into Alt/Indie/Rock whatever.

4. Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood

Genre : Blues
Year : 1983

Legendary guitar player, legendary song writer. A must for any fans of Blues or indeed music in general. Couldn't Stand the Weather is also basically inducted because of these same reasons.

5. Nas - Illmatic

Genre : Hip-Hop
Year : 1994

Seminal Hip-Hop album that I probably should have included on the Essentials from the start, but I have bowed to the pressure and finally put him in. I shouldn't need to say much about it, but let's just say that even if you don't like the genre, listen to it anyway.

6. Russian Circles - Empros

Genre : Post-Metal
Year : 2011

My current AOTY (just) and the finest post-metal album since Somewhere Along the Highway (2006). Crushing riffs, but with a beautiful atmospheric and unlike a lot of stuff in the genre, doesn't go on for too long. Initially a very difficult type of music to get into, but one which I hope you make the effort to do if you haven't.

my guide to cutting body fat effectively - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/11891414-post2352.html
my guide to gaining lean mass effectively - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/12277174-post2817.html
my music recommendation megapost - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/music/...-megapost.html

2 x Music Poster of the Year | 1 x 2011 People's Signature of the Year

Last edited by i$e : 11-18-2011 at 09:51 AM.
i$e is offline   Reply With Quote